"Motus in Rebus", an EP entirely based on sound design of unconventional sources

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear all,

it's my extreme pleasure to introduce you "Motus in Rebus", the first EP of my new project SMHERTZ. I completely created the sounds of this record from unconventional acoustical sources, in other words sounds that are not musical per se, that I have manipulated with different sound design techniques in order to obtain samples and playable virtual instruments.
Maybe some you have seen the videos I have posted in the sound design section, where I show my approach to sound design.
Above the "strange" sounds, I have also used solo performance of real musicians, I asked them just to improvise, I wanted their performance to be completely free and without control, exactly like the other sounds that I have used.
So, I sincerely hope that you like it, this record means a lot to me.
Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYKiCic ... sslgIGv32W

This works for me. Interesting fusion of styles and sounds. Very musical too, and the production is great.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:This works for me. Interesting fusion of styles and sounds. Very musical too, and the production is great.

Good work :)
Thank you man, I really appreciate your words :)

Return to “Music Cafe”