Vertigo synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vertigo

Will try to solve this asap. Very busy with Bliss right now, so sorry for the delay :(

George wrote:Very busy with Bliss right now
Oh, then ok! You right, Bliss more important for now. (Just keep in mind and this issue).

Vertigo has been updated to Release 3.6.Image

What''s new:
  • Added License.dat copy protection.
  • Added more logging to Log.txt.
  • Fixed problem with reverse parameter automation from plug to host.
  • Fixed certain host override saved program in song with disk based one.
  • Fixed envelope drawing when not linear.
  • Fixed possible denormals in reverb.
  • Updated framework for increased stability.
Previous Vertigo customers can request 3.6 update at discoDSP Members Area.

George wrote:Vertigo has been updated to Release 3.6.Image

What''s new:
  • Added License.dat copy protection.
  • Added more logging to Log.txt.
  • Fixed problem with reverse parameter automation from plug to host.
  • Fixed certain host override saved program in song with disk based one.
  • Fixed envelope drawing when not linear.
  • Fixed possible denormals in reverb.
  • Updated framework for increased stability.
Previous Vertigo customers can request 3.6 update at discoDSP Members Area.
You expect people to pay for these few bugfixes and the 'privilege' of a new copy protection when we just paid for the 3.5 update?

aMUSEd wrote:You expect people to pay for these few bugfixes and the 'privilege' of a new copy protection when we just paid for the 3.5 update?
3.5 was few months ago... It's only 4.99 EUR (VAT included). It will to cover development costs for implementing copy protection and bug fixes plus the License.dat file has to be generated at Share-it servers.

I know it may not be everybody's cup of tea but I think it seems the best option.

George wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:You expect people to pay for these few bugfixes and the 'privilege' of a new copy protection when we just paid for the 3.5 update?
It's only 4.99 EUR. Have to cover development costs for implementing that.
I realise it's not much but the fact is you were paid already for the plugin and that should include maintenance costs, if it didn't then maybe something is wrong with your business model. I was more than happy to pay for the 3.5 update but paying even a few euros for a 0.1 update that literally just adds a new copy protection (which is for your benefit) and a few bugfixes is a bit too far and given that you stated you would not be charging to the 4.0 update it now makes it look like the few euros could be more with each and every update, which does add up.

aMUSEd wrote:I realise it's not much but the fact is you were paid already for the plugin and that should include maintenance costs, if it didn't then maybe something is wrong with your business model. I was more than happy to pay for the 3.5 update but paying even a few euros for a 0.1 update that literally just adds a new copy protection (which is for your benefit) and a few bugfixes is a bit too far and given that you stated you would not be charging to the 4.0 update it now makes it look like the few euros could be more with each and every update, which does add up.
Yes, however for the copy protection to work it has to be generated by making a purchase at Share-it. You're free not to pay for this update and wait until 4.0 if those bugfixes and enhancements are not enough.

For the record 3.6 customers will pay 4,99 EUR less than 3.5 ones for Vertigo 4 update. That's the most fair thing I can do.

aMUSEd wrote:adds a new copy protection (which is for your benefit)
To a certain extent, copy protection is also for the end-users benefit,
as CP is what keeps the vst industry alive, and giving birth to new, and improved instruments and effects that end-users crave.

I sure hope the vst authors don't ever have to switch to coding office apps and games...
Cheers

George wrote:Vertigo has been updated to Release 3.6.
Thank for work! Upgrade\tested just now. The problem of non-saved settings in some hosts projects really solved now, good.

George, but small detail, please add automation for parameters:
- all FX on\off (i.e. for each fx)
- "Partials" amount knob, in partials "options" section (because all other three parameters in this section are automatable).
- Filters 1-2 on\off buttons

Of course, I will not request automation for partials EDIT section (or for envelope curves :lol: ), it is clear that there is not quite real-time ideology. (Although it would be nice).

[Edit]
Also found bug: Filter's type selectors (both) it seems not able to switch. When click to their up\down arrows then appear some numbers amount, instead lpf\hpf etc type. And then Detune knob in Oscillator section change this amount during rotation.

Can you please not make us pay for dot upgrades and especially for copy protection given we customers have bought it! Copy protection for us legitimate customers is just a pain and when we have to pay for a .dot update well thats a bit much to stomach. When it comes from share- 5xit thats even more to stomach.

. I like vertigo and I bought this useless update just to keep uptodate but thats it . it was steep to 3.5 then top 3.6 then next dot paid update goodbye

popskull wrote:Can you please not make us pay for dot upgrades and especially for copy protection given we customers have bought it! Copy protection for us legitimate customers is just a pain and when we have to pay for a .dot update well thats a bit much to stomach. When it comes from share- 5xit thats even more to stomach.

. I like vertigo and I bought this useless update just to keep uptodate but thats it . it was steep to 3.5 then top 3.6 then next dot paid update goodbye
Well, I do not know. I sometimes think that it's better when a developer interested in doing\improve something. Well, or by other words, case of the incentive which profitable for both sides (we are talking about 5 euros).
I remember the situation with Ariescode reverb, when I think not only I would be willing to pay the entire cost of the product once again, for just adding simple automation (please do not think that I'm a automation schizo (although it is true, But in this case just a coincidence.)
And such cases I can gather more. In general, I would not hurry with conclusions.

Honestly, I'd rather pay small increments to encourage development, as long as the developer is being responsive to the community. It is a lot easier to get past my wife a $10-20 charge than $50-100 ;)

IMO some sort of system like .1 releases scheduled regularly and for a nominal price with a userbase that is following development, and the option to skip a point release if it just doesn't add anything for you. The next point release you can just pay that fee to upgrade from an earlier point release. It is sort of a subscription model hybrid. At any point you can just not upgrade and you pay nothing more.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:Honestly, I'd rather pay small increments to encourage development, as long as the developer is being responsive to the community. It is a lot easier to get past my wife a $10-20 charge than $50-100 ;)

IMO some sort of system like .1 releases scheduled regularly and for a nominal price with a userbase that is following development, and the option to skip a point release if it just doesn't add anything for you. The next point release you can just pay that fee to upgrade from an earlier point release. It is sort of a subscription model hybrid. At any point you can just not upgrade and you pay nothing more.
I see your point, if it was actual features being added and not just fixes that should be done anyway I would be more open to the idea, but I tend to think basic bugfixes are part of what we paid for already.

Yeah, I agree, but from what George said, it looks like to get people on the new copy protection, it cost at least $5 per head, so he is charging to recoup that. I dunno, if it were me I would probably pay it while understanding his predicament (maybe Vertigo hasn't even paid for itself yet, and eating $5 per license himself would be suicidal, I dunno.) It just sounds like he didn't have great choices.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

c_voltage wrote:Also found bug: Filter's type selectors (both) it seems not able to switch. When click to their up\down arrows then appear some numbers amount, instead lpf\hpf etc type. And then Detune knob in Oscillator section change this amount during rotation.
This bug has been fixed. Please re-download the installer from Members Area and install the new build.

Return to “Instruments”