AudioThing releases Vinyl Strip - Modular Multi-Effect - UPDATE v1.6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vinyl Strip

@audiothing. Really loving the demo of Vinyl Strip! Plan on purchasing.

Just a quick question. Often, even with the mix knob at 100%, I don't feel like the scratches are as loud as I'd like them to be. Is there any way to increase the overall loudness of the vinyl effects in relation to the dry signal or is the mix knob the only way? Apologies if I'm missing something obvious.

jackson881 wrote:@audiothing. Really loving the demo of Vinyl Strip! Plan on purchasing.

Just a quick question. Often, even with the mix knob at 100%, I don't feel like the scratches are as loud as I'd like them to be. Is there any way to increase the overall loudness of the vinyl effects in relation to the dry signal or is the mix knob the only way? Apologies if I'm missing something obvious.
It might depend on the order you are using. For example if you put the Vinyl module before the Compressor, it might sound louder. But anyway we got more requests about this so we are probably going to adjust the overall level of both noise and dust in the next update.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

audiothing wrote: It might depend on the order you are using. For example if you put the Vinyl module before the Compressor, it might sound louder. But anyway we got more requests about this so we are probably going to adjust the overall level of both noise and dust in the next update.
It would be great if you could just add a fader that gives the user complete control over the overall volume of dust/scratches, like in Izotope Vinyl. Then I think Vinyl Strip would be perfect.

Wow... not loud enough? Hard to believe for me. I have those scratches somewhere at -60dBFS. The noise even lower. Having them at -20dBFS makes them so loud, kinda "overwhelmig" the rest.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

It could be due to several things. Modules order, other plugins, monitors etc...
We are going to add an option to increase the overall volume, change the WOW range and more. Hopefully it will be ready in a day or two.

audiothing wrote:We are going to add an option to increase the overall volume, change the WOW range and more. Hopefully it will be ready in a day or two.
Fantastic! Looking forward. :tu:

Update v1.1.0 is now ready!
– Added Dust/Noise Envelope (acts like a gate)
– Added Dust/Noise Louder (increases the overall volume for both)
– Added WOW Enhanced (increases the pitch modulation range)
– Fixed automation values recall when switching presets

The new features are available from the More button.

As usual, you can update by downloading and installing the demo version at the bottom of the product page: http://www.audiothing.net/effects/vinyl-strip/

We also added a new video, Vinyl Strip First Look Review by Don Bodin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b55pm5xXxEE
We also decided to extend the intro price for another 48 hours!

woohoo... thanks a lot :D
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

stardustmedia wrote:woohoo... thanks a lot :D
Enjoy! :)

Update v1.1.1
We found a bug with the Sampler module which was blocking audio if using samplerates over 48kHz. It's now fixed!
No need to update if you are not using higher samplerates.

You can update by downloading and installing the demo version at the bottom of the product page: http://www.audiothing.net/effects/vinyl-strip/

audiothing wrote:
pettinhouse wrote:Thank you very much for the reply. Now I got it.

Meanwhile I was thinking that it would be a good idea to stop the noise and the crackle of the vinyl section if there's no signal.

is it possible to do that?
Absolutely, we are going to add a gate/envelope follower to the Vinyl section to do exactly that. It will be a global setting. The update will be available soon.
+1 on this. the crackles will be much more usable if they can be controlled.
Robert

paterrob wrote:
pettinhouse wrote:Meanwhile I was thinking that it would be a good idea to stop the noise and the crackle of the vinyl section if there's no signal.

is it possible to do that?
+1 on this. the crackles will be much more usable if they can be controlled.
It's added now! :)

Awesome. Will another update be released soon then?
Robert

paterrob wrote:Awesome. Will another update be released soon then?
Unless we find other bugs to fix, we won't have any new features to add, for now.

Check out this short review here: http://www.ageofaudio.com/en/software/a ... inyl-strip
One of the first and probably most used plugin to emulate the vinyl effect was Vinyl by iZotope, which is now discontinued.
AudioThing, with Vinyl Strip, gives a new take on the vinyl emulation, along with other modules to further mangle the audio signal.

Return to “Effects”