Sound guru needed! Why does it this preset keep changing the sound? (Massive)

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm working on this bass sound. It plays a pretty fast pattern in a house track.
I'm also getting deeper into Massive so this is a learning experience.

The problem is, the sound keeps changing and i can't find what is modulating it?? I turned off all LFO's.
Even when i turn off Modulation part it still keeps alternating somewhere.

Also in Global, it says 30% random on all aspects (OSC, FX etc), but when i set this to zero it doesn't seem to do anythiing and it goes back to 30% by itself.

I would like to learn why it is changing and then i can finetune it to be how i want.

Can a sound design Guru explain this to me please?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eq0j8iliyc60s ... .nmsv?dl=0

Could be host automation as well. I had this trouble in Ableton, in fact there could be two separate problems:

- There is hidden automation in your clip - find and delete it
- There is an automation on parameter which shouldn't be automated at all, such as preset browser. Create new instance of synth and copy/load preset into it.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Hi. There's really no automation going on. Even when i run Massive stand alone this preset keeps changing.
It's something to do with the waveform position of one (or more) of the oscillators i think.

Oscillator phase "Restart via Gate".
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

liv wrote:Oscillator phase "Restart via Gate".
HEy. Yes i tried this. Doesn't seem to fix the changing.

*edit*
Apparently today it does! Strange, i must have been doing something wrong last night. Maybe i held a key pressed?

Cheers!!

Return to “Production Techniques”