Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

$110 is a good price for those who can't wait for a 50% off sale. You can't expect free lifetime update from every dev tho i'm glad they not Steinberg. :wink:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Well, in the start I felt like you especially I really wanted integrated score editor (or to be exact, Notion integrated as a score editor). I decided to stay with v2.

But I got Artist v3 with a new audio interface, so I gave it a go and began to like it a lot. The mixer enhancements made me not feel comfortable when using v2. This and other features made me decide to upgrade.

I see we might have different opinions, because for me, I never use melodyne and I don't have any use to it. So, the mentioned enhancements are "killers" for me that I forgave the absence of the score editor. But I understand that we all have different valuations of things in general :)

i like the way steinberg does it.. different upgrade pricing depending on version.. same UG pricing for users of all versions is just wrong IMO.. somehow along the line, the loyal customers that keep the company afloat never seem to get a thank you. Cakewalk seems to do this right as well, there is always a special price only for users of the very previous version then a different price for others.

anyway i been reading some pretty scary stuff about V3 on mac re performance, so will probably wait till they fix that. if i had been invited to beta as i was on v1 and 2, i probably would have been whining about that the whole way, so they probably knew and skipped me :hihi:

LAGinz wrote:And I am not a fan of the new GUI at all.
It took a little while to grow on me. Now that it has, though, I really don't notice it all.

is the offer still available?

i only see $150

also, regarding the UG pricing. NI does the same thing as Presonus, and I am very grateful they do. Both are very generous companies that make their software available to most people. I've been upgrading Komplete every 2nd iteration and that serves me just dandy.

TheoM wrote:anyway i been reading some pretty scary stuff about V3 on mac re performance, so will probably wait till they fix that. if i had been invited to beta as i was on v1 and 2, i probably would have been whining about that the whole way, so they probably knew and skipped me :hihi:
It's slightly worse in OS X here than in Windows, but nothing 'scary'.

The CPU meter goes wonky sometimes, but it seems to be a very poor indicator of performance. I often see big spikes with no influence on playback at all. It does choke a bit earlier than S1v3 on the same system in Windows though.

If I were you though, I'd stick with Logic any way... but then again, if I were you, I'd not stick with anything for very long :lol:

<3

(I do the same shit, I know the feeling)

nathanj wrote:is the offer still available?

i only see $150

i see now, it would be nice if they throw it on 50% before my demo expires :wink:

LAGinz wrote:And I am not a fan of the new GUI at all.
Have you changed the preferences yet? In Preferences->General->Appearance, click "Load Preset". I use the preset "V2 Gray", which, as you'd imagine, makes it look more like V2. :)

nathanj wrote:is the offer still available?

i only see $150
Yes. Please PM me your JRR and PayPal emails, then I'll set an order up for you.

Thanks Uncle E, much appreciated!

I'm getting terrible crackling when using Pipeline. I'm using my Darkglass B7K in reamping, basically. It works fine in Cubase and Sonar. This was not happening in the demo (from what I remember) and would've been a deal breaker had I encountered it. This is a show stopper. :scared:

I see someone else reported this same issue at the Presonus board about two months ago but no solution was ever found after two replies.

I have Studio One 2 Pro and I think that it's pretty good...

I mainly bought it for the Mastering section,which is brilliant,but I play around with the sequencer from time to time.

Some of the native FX are great - but the included instruments are rubbish :wink:

Sonar X3e Pro is still my main DAW though because I know it well and I can work very quickly and get the results I need...

I asked the guys at Cakewalk for a similar Mastering section in Sonar well before Studio One came out...

But the bakers over there didn't get that one happening - which is a shame...

When I tried the demo of Studio One 3 Pro,I was getting all sorts of pops and farts and spikes and it wasn't good...

It's not my computer because I run other programs with zero problems,so there are issues with Studio One 3...

But then again,nothing in this world is perfect anyway is it ? :wink:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: But then again,nothing in this world is perfect anyway is it ? :wink:
Except your computer. It's perfect.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”