A question for Alchemy owners (pre and post Logic 10.2)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I just wanted to know if the controls and methods of synthesis are similar between 1.5 and 2.0 in Logic, because I need to watch some tutorials on it, and I don't want to waste my time watching the old Camel tutorials if they are now irrelevant. I can probably extropolate certain things that are different, but I'd certainly appreciate some feedback from experienced users who've now had the opportunity to use both versions.

Thanks!

Bombadillo....
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

73 views and no answers?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Have you seen this tutorial on Alchemy 2 in Logic:
https://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/lo ... y-explored
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:Have you seen this tutorial on Alchemy 2 in Logic:
https://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/lo ... y-explored
Hi, yes, I bought it the day it came out. While David knows his stuff, this tutorial seemed like it was rushed to market, and that he was just learning the program as he went along. A lot of concepts were not adequately explained, imo, which is why I want to know if it is worth my trouble to watch the Camel Audio tutorials.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

see below
Last edited by Michael L on Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Same stuff. Camel Audio tutorials are still more in-depth.

They aren't long anyway, not sure why not just watch it and you could have made your decision under 10min

Thanks. The other issue is confounded learning. My old noggin ain't what it used to be, and I can get confused easily, especially with concepts and tools with which I only have knowledge in passing. My primary instrument is the guitar, though I am a decent keyboardist. Sound synthesis is something I have not delved into, but with Alchemy, it seems a bit of a waste not to try.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Well, you could first read the manual for Alchemy 2 in Logic, and wait a bit for Eli Krantzberg to finish his Alchemy 2 tutorial for Groove3; he is quite good.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “Instruments”