OP-X Pro II vs....?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fluffy_little_something wrote:Maybe it is just not worth the effort. The competition out there is huge, after all there is a free Oberheim clone which some say sounds better than the expensive OP-X Pro.
And who knows, maybe he has simply moved on and works for another company now. Maybe he is a wealthy real estate agent by now :hihi:
But much easier to market a software clone than sth new from scratch - as long as there a people who are aware that there is a hardware model - until the digital natives who know nothing about hardware have taken over... :D

I'm also not a fan of jbridge. FL studio 12 bridges things pretty well (much more stable than jbridge) so I'm able to use my 32 bit stuff for the first time in a while.

I'm a fan of it for giving some developers I like time enough to port their work to and/or release a 64 bit successor. Just if Sythnedit themselves can't make their product 64 bit viable, those developers sadly won't see my business again, and probably can't exist in the market for much longer. I'd love to see this get sorted nicely and be able to use my old plugins updated for the DAWs and screensizes of today. Most Synthedit creations are left at less than optimal design regarding display scale and clarity of purpose. No advance on these fronts in many years shows I think the level of attention the devs have been able to spend. I think it is wrong to think that most independents are in any way full time at this, and I guess parenthood, real job, health, wealth, luck etc go into the answer for why some developers can't get out of the SE box. But who knows? Maybe SE is one build away from transforming how we interact with our plugins. Maybe they have been working on something that will absolutely blow out minds, and make every every musician a programmer of everything very organically. But maybe they just smoke too much and like cheap wine and old TV. I dunno.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

If they ever come out with a 64 bit version and port it over to mac I would be in heaven, I've tried pretty much every Oberheim styled softsynth out there and this one is still the best sounding to my ear. Although at the rate they've been going I've pretty much lost all hope of this ever happening.

I finally gave OBXD a shot, and it isn't half bad! I love the GUI, clean, large, easy to work with. This seems like a suitable enough replacement.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

EvilDragon wrote:
Peter from SonicProjects via e-mail wrote:Hi Mario
A happy new year to you too! :-)
Yes, I'm pretty confident 2015 will be the year of the 64bit release :-)

Cheers!
Peter

Psyched!
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
Peter from SonicProjects via e-mail wrote:Hi Mario
A happy new year to you too! :-)
Yes, I'm pretty confident 2015 will be the year of the 64bit release :-)

Cheers!
Peter

Psyched!
OO I missed that. Here's wishing them luck getting it out the door. I do hope the GUI gets some attention too, but I can live with that.

Vs. Diva.

Diva is the new analog. All others (even real analog) are a no longer analog. Somehow. :D

I think OP-X Pro II compliments Diva. It has great presets organized in a way that you can easily find what you need, a technical mastery of a filebrowser it is not, but I imported all the presets into my DAW and it works wonderfully. Especially if you want a backing track and don't want to spend the CPU cycles and don't want to freeze, it really uses minimal CPU and covers a wide swath of territory. I'm stoked that they are at least working on it, I hope actively. It has definitely been one of my favorite synths.

braj wrote:But maybe they just smoke too much and like cheap wine and old TV. I dunno.
what the hell is wrong with cheap wine and old TV :x
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote:
braj wrote:But maybe they just smoke too much and like cheap wine and old TV. I dunno.
what the hell is wrong with cheap wine and old TV :x
I'm just saying, maybe they have other interests :)

braj wrote:I think OP-X Pro II compliments Diva.
:tu:

I really like OP-x Pro and I agree it compliments Diva very well. Personally, I run it within the 32-bit server of VE-pro 5 on a seperate machine so my daw on OSX doesn't care if it is 32 bit or 64 bit. It is a great solution for me and I just like the way opx sounds. Mostly, I like how straightforward it is is program and get the sounds I want quickly.

Not saying this is a good solution for anyone else but it allows me to concentrate on the main process of making music and not spending time wondering how to make older software run on newer platforms. If I want an seperate diva instance I just run that in a 64-bit server on the same remote maschine as the host daw just needs to know which midi port and which midi channel to send data to and what the return audio port is.
"It's alright to say things can only get better,
You haven't lost your brand new sweater.
Pure new wool, and perfect stitches,
Not the type of jumper that makes you itches."

Sultans of Ping

I use to run it with jBridge without much issue, that really isn't the point. I would just like to see a native 64 bit version. Until then, OBXD is my new friend.

Luckily for me OP-X Pro II works acceptably with j-bridge in Cubase 8 Pro......but c'mon, in 2015 it is unacceptable to not have a 64-bit version. :dog:

Return to “Instruments”