VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PSP MasterQ

Any opinions about this eq?

Looks like really detailed sounding...
+analogue saturation +all palette of limiting
Not just a mastering eq, but the channel eq also...

http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/equ ... _masterq2/

I demoed it right when it came out and thought it was freaking awesome.

It's brilliant! :tu:

Yes! It's very nice indeed.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I can't even understand how such a basic EQ with such basic cut filters and fixed bands, for $149, can even be compared to something *truly* brilliant like Acon EQ for $99.

So it has some saturation as it's "feature" - there are a million other ways to do that these days.. the EQ itself is incredibly basic.

Not even a consideration for me - it's so outclassed by cheaper and better products, and for $30 more if i was spending that much, it would be proQ2 no question over that. No, i don't recommend it, and i wouldn't do so for $49 either. For cheaper i recommend both sir EQ as well as Acon, for slightly more, ProQ2, and for actual eq ing, even DDMF for $49 can do WAY more filter wise (beware, ddmf is buggy on certain configs though).

You would think they would look at the competition and make it competitive in at the very least, offering 10 bands and filter choice per band. 12/24/36 one low and high cut only? 3 fixed steepness? Um.. just no.

Oh thats right. Theo needs an eq that has everything. Even 38/48/58 db per octave filters. And it all better be under $50 bucks too!! Mid side, dynamic, linear phase, compression, limiting, saturation. All of it!

It's the best sounding colored parametric EQ I've heard. It's not just an EQ either, but a great tool for dynamics and saturation.
You are currently reading my signature.

ckam03 wrote:Oh thats right. Theo needs an eq that has everything. Even 38/48/58 db per octave filters. And it all better be under $50 bucks too!! Mid side, dynamic, linear phase, compression, limiting, saturation. All of it!
you obviously can't read. At all.

I don't try the V2 but i have try the V1 and it was very good.

I just ask ,if i buy V2 can i use v1 too with the same license ?

it sound quite good but the interface i don't like it much , the analog and limiting section i don t really care but it can be handy ( if i need to slow /smooth transient and add some depth without using a extra plugin )

for me the sir audio eq is as the top soundwise for the result i get out of it and this one seems great too but it's tricky to compare as often the interface is what lead to best result... still i could hear the sound stay tight and don't fall apart easily .

for me a good eq sound a bit similar to linear phase but without any pre ringing offcourse.. the phase matter a lot for the tightness of the sound.. thats the way i feel it with some analog eqs, some nebula ones too and some digial eq like this psp , sir and some others, it seems there is many good digital eq out there now ..the sound stay quite tight, it don't mess much the "timings" ..now i have no clue if it's just cause of the curve response .
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

It is IIR type eq.

User manual page 10:

Most Infinite Impulse Response (IIR) filters typically used in EQs tend to focus on phase and linear digital signal errors in the higher octaves. Our FAT algorithm adds an octave above the Nyquist frequency (the Nyquist frequency is measured by sample rate / 2) and shifts phase and linear errors to that frequency region. This frequency region is then truncated just before the output section of the plug-in, meaning the phase and linear errors are removed from the signal. In other words, FAT gives sonic results approaching that of a sampled analog equalizer rather than a typical digital set of filters.

I tried to make it really close to Pearl Acustica, and those settings for Analogue section: Character 70, Level 90. Stereo Width 130.

I really like saturation options like: Soft knee Saturation or Dynamic Saturation modes, and Hard Knee Saturation is really powerful.

It is so easy to dial in the sound I just wanted to hear.

Great tool.

Den* wrote:It is IIR type eq.

I tried to make it really close to Pearl Acustica, and those settings for Analogue section: Character 70, Level 90. Stereo Width 130.
It is a nice tool but as far as a mastering eq it doesn't com close to Pearl.

Lenticular wrote:
Den* wrote:It is IIR type eq.

It is a nice tool but as far as a mastering eq it doesn't com close to Pearl.
I don't have a pEaRl, but I heard that this eq can sound like it.

http://barrattaudio.com/#section-2

However thanks to all.

Return to “Effects”