One Synth Challenge #78: Elektrostudio OR2v (Meakaale Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bjporter wrote:
Tjgoa wrote:Has anyone noticed Sound Cloud now converts the file you upload so that when you download it is a low bit mp3? I uploaded a wave file always and now they are all mp3?? This makes sound CLOUD a completely useless tool for backing up tracks as a cloud atleast... or is it different with a pro account?
Is that new? I've seen a few flac and wav files recently. Is there news?
That's what I'd like to know too. The download is 128kb!! seriously :o That's a drop to a tenth in quality. If you want to use SC as a Cloud to back up high quality wav's, think again. I don't remember seeing any noticed saying, hey guys, all your tracks will loose 90 percent of its quality soon, download now if you need a back up,,, etc, like a sensisble business practice. Didn't they get like 50 million dollars recently?? Now the want to save pennies by saving on bandwidth. Any pro users can you please confirm if its the same situation with you?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Tjgoa wrote:
bjporter wrote:
Tjgoa wrote:Has anyone noticed Sound Cloud now converts the file you upload so that when you download it is a low bit mp3? I uploaded a wave file always and now they are all mp3?? This makes sound CLOUD a completely useless tool for backing up tracks as a cloud atleast... or is it different with a pro account?
Is that new? I've seen a few flac and wav files recently. Is there news?
That's what I'd like to know too. The download is 128kb!! seriously :o That's a drop to a tenth in quality. If you want to use SC as a Cloud to back up high quality wav's, think again. I don't remember seeing any noticed saying, hey guys, all your tracks will loose 90 percent of its quality soon, download now if you need a back up,,, etc, like a sensisble business practice. Didn't they get like 50 million dollars recently?? Now the want to save pennies by saving on bandwidth. Any pro users can you please confirm if its the same situation with you?

Send them a support email and ask what happened, and report back 8) I wonder whats going on?

Tjgoa wrote:Has anyone noticed Sound Cloud now converts the file you upload so that when you download it is a low bit mp3?
Just test downloaded my most recent and one from a few months back. Both are the original FLAC files i uploaded.
I have just normal (free) account, not Pro.
I don't know what's happening with yours, but i sure hope they are not starting to downgrade the quality like that!

Tjgoa wrote:
That's what I'd like to know too. The download is 128kb!! seriously :o That's a drop to a tenth in quality.
Ah... I think i see whats going on in your case. When OSC members do not enable downloads, the "High Quality" download will include your low quality version, as there is no other way to get it.

I've never ever uploaded anything but mp3s. I do go for 48Khz, but that's about it. With my upload speeds I would anyway think twice to go for a wav, haha...dear goodness. :bang:

VOTED!

As every month, a wide range of styles and sounds in here... :clap:

Good luck for everybody! :tu:

Voted... :party:
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

Voted.

Adjusted my votes after listening to the high quality downloads. Thanks for posting the Zip, Brian! Different details do stand out in the higher quality files; hard to quantify though. Also, I feel like I'd need a music degree to fully appreciate and fairly judge some of these tracks... quite sophisticated compositions!

I am still not done with voting. I've heard every track at least twice on sound cloud while I am in transit for my job. :phones:

I've noted down votes in my cellphone.

But... Still formally.. I am yet to complete voting process.

I'll complete by end of this week. 8)

That was fun guys - great set of tracks. Listening back to my choices in each category, it seems this time my perceived voting has lumped together tracks which are "sonically" similar. My higher scores have gone to those tracks which had melodies which developed. Quite interesting to "analyse" what you did. Good luck everyone.

********** DrBob HAS VOTED ************

dB

The holy process of voting completed.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility". Judging is most difficult part of any contest. :phew:

Good job everyone. Everybody's winner who've participated in the contest. :clap: Respect to all musicians. :hail:

And without forgetting: Best of Luck for Results :tu:

Thank you.

Voted. Good luck everyone!

Voted. :)

Oh man! So excited to see the results! Good luck everyone :). Now to work on my OSC 79 submission.

Return to “Instruments”