Roland JV 1080

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
MFXxx wrote:Didn't realise roland allowed licensing of their waveforms. Saying that you can pick up the real deal for about 50 to 80 on ebay. Lots around.
You can buy mine............... :hihi:

Let's see how fast the high priced Roland lawyers work this time..........
They have to know that something exists first. You probably did the digging job for them :wink:
Oh it's my fault........... :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

In the case of Binary Music's D-50 Kontakt lib.

Wasn't it more that Omni Eric went bananas over it, rather than Roland?

If the designers of the JV 1080 content isn't that anal about it that Eric is, nothing might happen.

At any rate if these samples are a violation of intellectual property rights then we shouldn't be promoting them here.......... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:At any rate if these samples are a violation of intellectual property rights then we shouldn't be promoting them here.......... :shrug:
That's jumping to conclusions.

Cluster Sound is a dev that has been around for awhile and sell many other products, they haven't just set up shop to flaunt Roland products and then quickly disappear when they get caught.

We don't know if they have licensed the material.

I believe this forum follows the principle of having to prove somebody guilty, not the other way around

Numanoid wrote:In the case of Binary Music's D-50 Kontakt lib.

Wasn't it more that Omni Eric went bananas over it, rather than Roland?

If the designers of the JV 1080 content isn't that anal about it that Eric is, nothing might happen.
I might be wrong, but I thought Eric did some sound design for the 1080 as well.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Big Erics Twitter account been dead for some time

https://twitter.com/ericpersing

Back on topic of the sound. The demo's are not all that great sounding. As a longtime JV1080 owner i think it's a bad representation of the JV. But that's just based on the demo music (clips). Maybe the racks sound better when loaded.

For now i prefer my own racks. Drum racks laid out like back in the days, 5 octaves, 2 programs, all keys are drums and some fx. With send fx.
And some nice synth channels.

Numanoid wrote:
Teksonik wrote:At any rate if these samples are a violation of intellectual property rights then we shouldn't be promoting them here.......... :shrug:
That's jumping to conclusions.

Cluster Sound is a dev that has been around for awhile and sell many other products, they haven't just set up shop to flaunt Roland products and then quickly disappear when they get caught.

We don't know if they have licensed the material.

I believe this forum follows the principle of having to prove somebody guilty, not the other way around

I didn't "jump" to anything......Notice I said if....

Someone already said their D-50 samples were taken down rather quickly so what do you think the chances are they licensed the JV samples ?
Gamma-UT wrote: The last D-50 sample set was up for about five days. I wonder how long this one has.

Teksonik wrote: Someone already said their D-50 samples were taken down rather quickly so what do you think the chances are they licensed the JV samples ?
Gamma-UT wrote: The last D-50 sample set was up for about five days. I wonder how long this one has.
It wasn't "their" D-50 samples, and I still think that Roland abused their power and is making a very "wide" interpretation of copyright law. I would like someone would carry this over to court, to see what kind of legal decision will come up, but I don't believe anyone will be keen to pay the legal fess to find out.
OTOH, I read somewhere that now even private copies of material one have licensed are illegal in UK, so :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

Roland seeking protection for their Intellectual Property Rights is "Abuse" ? Ok whatever. :roll:

So I guess we'll just jump to the conclusion that Cluster Sound has Roland's blessings and these samples are perfectly legal to distribute.

I own a JV 1080 so no need for bootleg....err I mean perfectly legal samples........... :tu:

By the way aren't we all here to create.........Intellectual Property ?

Oh and this is from the Cluster Sounds site:

"Super JV is extracted from the JV-1080 factory waveforms plus 3 expansions boards"

It's not like they did a bunch of custom patches and then sampled them. They "extracted" the factory waveforms which are almost without a doubt under copyrights ..........

Teksonik wrote:Oh and this is from the Cluster Sounds site:

"Super JV is extracted from the JV-1080 factory waveforms plus 3 expansions boards"

It's not like they did a bunch of custom patches and then sampled them. They "extracted" the factory waveforms which are almost without a doubt under copyrights ..........
Hmm... didn't read that part. "That" is copyright violation, indeed, so, for them to clearly state what they did that way, they have to have reached some kind of agreement with Roland. Either that or they are completely nuts
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:Either that or they are completely nuts
This. :wink:

Did any of you listen to the sounds yet?
You know. The sounds. What we use to make music with. Those frequencies. Energy.
:lol: :hihi:

You know you can focus that energy using physics and point a concentrated beam to a book, like company law with any chapter on copyright opened up, and then blow it up!

I don't own a JV 1080 unfortunately so I can't say how ClusterSound compare to the original

Return to “Instruments”