Alchemy welcomes to Logic X Pro 10.2 and Mainstage 3 (Update 20.1.2016)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Logic Pro MainStage

beely wrote:
Krakatau wrote:This should have happened in the middle of the eighties, AFAIK ?
Yep. Creator/Notator was mid-to late eighties, 86-91-ish, with Logic starting about 1992.

Here's a review of Creator 1.2, from 1987:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/neilvance ... otostream/
Yes, and at that time, they had nothing to do with the Mac - Atari only :hihi:

The music world was divided then between Atari and Mac. Mac was basically a US thing, while Atari was an Europe thing. On the Mac, there was Passport and Mark of the Unicorn, with Opcode joining later. On Atari, the business was pretty much between C-Lab and Steinberg.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:The music world was divided then between Atari and Mac. Mac was basically a US thing, while Atari was an Europe thing. On the Mac, there was Passport and Mark of the Unicorn, with Opcode joining later. On Atari, the business was pretty much between C-Lab and Steinberg.
Indeed. And there was always a bit of rivalry there, as it was Charlie Steinberg who actually taught Gerhard the basics of sequencer programming... :)

And the Atari ST was always particularly strong in Germany, which is why a lot of the best ST productivity software was German - Pro24/Cubase, Creator/Notator for music, Calamus for DTP, lots of graphics stuff and so on... and a lot of development stuff and cool utilities were also German. The ST wouldn't have been anywhere near as cool a productivity machine if it wasn't for German software development.

beely wrote:
fmr wrote:The music world was divided then between Atari and Mac. Mac was basically a US thing, while Atari was an Europe thing. On the Mac, there was Passport and Mark of the Unicorn, with Opcode joining later. On Atari, the business was pretty much between C-Lab and Steinberg.
Indeed. And there was always a bit of rivalry there, as it was Charlie Steinberg who actually taught Gerhard the basics of sequencer programming... :)

And the Atari ST was always particularly strong in Germany, which is why a lot of the best ST productivity software was German - Pro24/Cubase, Creator/Notator for music, Calamus for DTP, lots of graphics stuff and so on... and a lot of development stuff and cool utilities were also German. The ST wouldn't have been anywhere near as cool a productivity machine if it wasn't for German software development.
Talking of rivalry, you should have watched some "conversations" between Opcode and MOTU staff. :hihi:

I also remember being with someone from Emagic when Steinberg launched the VST technology, and how he reacted :hihi:

BTW - I subscribe your statement about german developers having adopted Atari. It was so much so that for a while I believed Atari was bought by someone from Germany :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:Talking of rivalry, you should have watched some "conversations" between Opcode and MOTU staff. :hihi:
Heh, I can imagine.
fmr wrote:I also remember being with someone from Emagic when Steinberg launched the VST technology, and how he reacted :hihi:
Heh. I vaguely remember them telling me about an "upgrade" offer they had at a trade show which required people to put their Steinberg dongles in a large clear rubbish bin on display, which rather annoyed the Steinies... :)

All good fun!
fmr wrote:BTW - I subscribe your statement about german developers having adopted Atari. It was so much so that for a while I believed Atari was bought by someone from Germany :hihi:
It's how I learned most of the German I know. My German vocabulary consists entirely of words like: Open, Close, Load, Save, Export, Print, Cut, Copy, Paste, Window, Screen etc... :lol:

werp wrote:His name is Dave, don't know his second name. I sold him a Motu 828mk 3. He was also involved in a couple of Roland synth designs, worked as a fairlight operator when nobody knew how to drive one and is friends with a guy who "is like me but german" and who owns Air Music technology. Loom, Velvet, Ignite etc. He dribbled a bit over my gear and then went all technical for an hour and a half.
He said the hardest part about writing the manual was explaining what the morph function did without getting incredibly nerdy.
Ask Dave if they can improve the f***ing screen redrawing in logic. There can't possibly be a good reason for it to redraw everything from scratch every time you change screens.

Bombadil wrote:
Fleer wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
Fleer wrote:
Bombadil wrote:China is Mordor.
Home of your Danish monitors :)
Huh. Just looked that up, and you're still wrong. Mine were made in Denmark. :wink:
with parts sourced from....
Indeed. Dynaudio now even have Chinese owners, as Wilfried Ehrenholz cashed in. Up to 50 million.
http://www.cfuttrup.com/history/dynaudio.html
I won't be buying more from them!

Had a moment of weakness t'other day, though. Bought a cheap electric Ricky 12 string knockoff for €229 at Thomann. Yep, made in China. GAS is a turrible thang........ :uhuhuh:
We're all in it together, Bombadillo :)

Un empafé de première, surnommé Krakatau wrote: (pour les francophones : une tentative pour empêcher que le sujet parte définivement en couille ! ) :oops:
...on dirais que ça a marché ?

:phew:

Logic Pro 10.2!...... WTF..... beside the new Alchemy really their worst update.
It seems no one beta test it ;)
Seems it's the price of the new crapple. Consumer rules (of course).... we give a shit on the rest!

I was excited to see that MainStage got all the Alchemy sounds, prompted me to finally get around to buying it (I just dabble in GarageBand but I like having having a ton of voices to play with).

That said, for some reason I can't use some of the Alchemy voices in GB, although they work in MainStage itself, as GB complains that they were created by a newer version of Alchemy.

Cinebient wrote:Logic Pro 10.2!...... WTF..... beside the new Alchemy really their worst update.
Seems it's the price of the new crapple. Consumer rules (of course).... we give a shit on the rest!
I'm pretty sure it's intentional... to keep mac users in the upgrade cycle.
Otherwise, why bother to upgrade if it works perfectly. :shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:
Cinebient wrote:Logic Pro 10.2!...... WTF..... beside the new Alchemy really their worst update.
I'm pretty sure it's intentional... to keep mac users in the upgrade cycle.
Otherwise, why bother to upgrade if it works perfectly. :shrug:
I know it's my fault i updated to fast :o Alchemy 2 was too tempting....
Damn. MainStage has some of the same huge bugs. F.e. the transposer doesn't work anymore and all my hand crafted sclaes are chromatic again and i can't edit new ones. Space Designer won't do reverse (just graphical) anymore.... there is a lot more.
Not sure what beta testers do today?
Really bad update for me! Unusable!

..... and no way back for me.... f.... you MacStore update. I know why i love on things on DVD. I don't have enough space to save all versions of an application!
Really dissapointed!!!!!

Yes, Mainstage has some bugs. You can work good with it but it can break down sometime ;)

Cinebient wrote:..... and no way back for me.... f.... you MacStore update. I know why i love on things on DVD. I don't have enough space to save all versions of an application!
Really dissapointed!!!!!
Relax, they'll fix it.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Cinebient wrote:..... and no way back for me.... f.... you MacStore update. I know why i love on things on DVD. I don't have enough space to save all versions of an application!
Really dissapointed!!!!!
Relax, they'll fix it.
I'm not so sure..... I mean my experience in the last years with apple was a continued way down in terms of quality of their software (and hardware). I'm also a huge fan of iOS and iPad music creation but there are the same annoying things.
At least it's time to use a second huge DAW beside Logic for me.
Bitwig would be my choice but i will try some things.
When apple now release an iPad pro with a crippled OS and just 2GB of ram..... i know they give a shot about "pro" use.
Sorry for my little rant..... had a bad day! :D

Return to “Instruments”