Anything like Camelspace for guitar rhythm gated FX?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MetaFilter

This thing is quite flexible, can be triggered via a sidechain, an LFO or the sequencer, much like Camelspace. It's built on their Virtual; Voltage technology as far as I understand which gives you a great analogue style tone.

The built in delay sounds great too. In fact you could use this thing for a creative style of delay effect.

Just my opinion, anyway.

U-he MFM2 is a powerhouse for such things.
And many more beyond them.
Cheers

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnDU6i0aFX8

glokraw wrote:U-he MFM2 is a powerhouse for such things.
And many more beyond them.
Cheers
Wow, what a monster plugin!

And Dan Worral makes the best demos. AFAIK he also did the one for Camelspace.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

another vote for Tantra and BigSeq2

Also, you might want try the Looperator demo.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

stroker_ace wrote:another vote for Tantra and BigSeq2
... and another vote here.
Tantra requires a powerful computer, but it's well worth it.

sinkmusic wrote:
stroker_ace wrote:another vote for Tantra and BigSeq2
... and another vote here.
Tantra requires a powerful computer, but it's well worth it.
Another vote. Tantra was one I bought within 10 minutes of trying it...and there were only two others that I ever bought that quickly. Love it.

Thanks to all who recommended Tantra.

It's on sale for $49 right now so I just went ahead and bought it. Now I just need to learn how to use it. :)
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Yeah, great buy, it's an excellent effect. And quite deep too, so it might take some learning, but I think it's the best currently available for what you're after.

Tantra is great, indeed!
yzcoruhT

I do agree Tantra does look great, offers a few more sound sculpting options than some others. Some, however could be attained by using other plugins, while there other features that can really only be afforded by using Tantra.

Just out of interest this is currently on sale for another 21 hrs, not that I'm trying to push it on you.
http://www.waves.com/plugins/metafilter#

I will say that, where it stands above Tantra is the quality of that Virtual Voltage engine thingy it uses. It'll take your sound and thicken it, make it more lush, more analogue, less thin, less digital. I'm guessing because it introduces harmonics that your not going to get straight from digital or just by simply adding distortion on top.

One thing thing that concerns me about smaller developers is stability and reliability. How can we be sure that they or their product will still be around in a year, or five or ten.

Once you start investing in technology and have it plastered across all your productions, the last thing you want it that company to go out of business. That is just going to totally screw you over. Just look at what happened to Camel Audio recently. This kind of thing is a very real concern.

So even though there are products maybe cheaper or free or may offer more features in some instances, you may be trading off in terms of stability and longevity. There's also plenty of case where people are still waiting for some tech to go 64-bit, after all this time!!

I like supporting smaller companies, but it really does take a lot of trust for me to invest, because I want to be assured that whatever i put my money in is going to be around in the future. and isn't going to screw me over.

For this reason, I'll often put more money into bigger companies because I know I can rely on them.

So if it came down to it and I had a choice between Tantra and Metafilter, both which I like VERY MUCH for different reasons, then I'm going to put my money down on Metafilter. Simply because I know I'm going to still be able to open older projects in 5 or 10 years and will be still guaranteed that it will work, as with any other investments I choose to make.

When music becomes hugely important part of your life, those things become of utmost importance when considering investments.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sell Metafilter to you, I'm not too concerned with what you buy. I'm just offering you some professional insight into what you should take into consideration.

simon.a.billington wrote:One thing thing that concerns me about smaller developers is stability and reliability. How can we be sure that they or their product will still be around in a year, or five or ten.
While you have a point about the stability of smaller developers, size is no guarantee. Waves could be bought by Apple tomorrow and all their products would vanish (except for Logic users). Even if they stay in business, they could just as easily decide to discontinue Metafilter tomorrow.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I think buying plugins you like from small developers is a good thing. They need support. Yes, there is a risk that what you buy will no longer work after a while, but if nobody buys new plugins from smaller devs, then innovation will suffer. Camel Audio was a very innovative company, and I think Dimitri Sches is showing great promise.

Yep, that is absolutely true. Yet it more commonly happens to small business.

Big business isn't immune, but it has survived and become a big business because of good business practice, in general. It is far more unlikely for them to go under or bought out and if they are bought out its still unlikely they will kill off money making products.

ProTools is a good example of being bought out and ran very badly, but ProTools is still there, holding on. Hopefully Avid will get their s#%t together soon.

So while it's not a guarantee it still makes a safer investment, at least that's how I feel about it.

By no means am I telling you to ignore the smaller developer, they need help too. You need to weigh up your own propiroities and consider how serious are your investments and choose wisely based on your own opinion and circumstances.

Circumstances are different for everyone, as is their priorities. That simply means that the answer is going to be different for everyone. Again, I'm just saying it's something people should be weighing up.

Yes, fair enough. And I'm just saying to look at Native Instruments, for example. They're a big company, and how many great products have they eliminated from their product line? Instruments which people relied upon and had been using for years in their projects. I'd actually say that big companies are more likely to make decisions like that because they can kill off products without affecting their bottom line.
Last edited by deastman on Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Excellent point, deastman. I was a happy Kore user once upon a time...thanks NI who discontinued it pretty abruptly.

Return to “Effects”