Anyone been to a concert recently ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

By the numbers biggest ticket prices.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/fjlg45mh ... ce-164-12/
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Seismic - who's in the current lineup ?

I saw them 1982 with Fripp, Levin, Belew & Bruford and will never forget that show. Small club with maybe 200 in attendance . . .

enjoy it
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Xiangqi wrote:i saw blue oyster cult in 1980 or thereabouts.

back in those days, it seemed that with 'all of the concerts' in larger venues, that the sound was pretty much always a letdown.

i did recently hear that paul mccartney puts on a very well-mixed show that's not overly loud. he played the local baseball stadium ('safeco field'), and 'everyone' who went thought that the sound was superb.
I saw Blue Oyster Cult at a little local fair a few years back. Amazing show. All the guitarists and their stage antics.

A concert? Not in the last 10 years or so I think ;)

Somehow doesn't cut it for me. Concerts tend to be priced high and last short, while at undeground club night I can stay for 7 hours or more, for a fraction of price or free. :tu:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

No because... I don't really enjoy live music much. It's too loud, it's very rarely in a good venue acoustically and ticket prices are well into victorian 'only for the privileged' prices nowadays just like sporting event prices are.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Last concert was almost two yrs ago; went to Nashville to see Janelle Monae at the Ryman Audiotrium.
She was great, the band sooo tight! Enjoyed being at the Ryman for it's history, but holy crap, the seats are just
church pews with no padding!
i do not like crowds, though.

Mister Natural wrote:Seismic - who's in the current lineup ?

I saw them 1982 with Fripp, Levin, Belew & Bruford and will never forget that show. Small club with maybe 200 in attendance . . .

enjoy it
KC are currently a 7-piece.

Fripp, Jakszyk, Levin, Collins, Harrison, Rieflin and Mastelotto

I've seen them 4 times previously, including the '82 tour.

Reading these posts I get a feeling that the regular KVR user is not found in the mosh pit during Metallica shows :D

I remember going to shows when I was growing up, then the game was all about pogo dancing

Reading these posts I get a feeling that the regular KVR user is not found in the mosh pit during Metallica shows
Just hold my top hat and monocle, sir.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Saw Mike Watts new band Cuz last week at a small local venue (Ramsgate Music Hall). Great sound, good policies (if you want to talk, go up to the bar etc), car parking literally outside the door, fair ticket prices etc. That's how I want to see bands now, doubt I'll ever bother with a big venue again. Even got to shake the great mans hand afterwards and chat a while, don't get to do that at stadium gigs. :)

The Skinny Puppy / Youth Code / Haujobb / Front Line Assembly tour when they came through St. Louis.

Mostly it was fun, but FLA was a physical assault. Way too loud, all smoke and lights so we couldn't see the band, and mostly they played their more recent dubstep-ish stuff instead of their good material. It was tiring and just made me want to leave, except that Skinny Puppy was on after them (which I enjoyed immensely).

We're going to a Beats Antique show in Chattanooga in 3 weeks (we were going there on vacation anyway). We saw them here a few years ago and it was a good time. But it was in an old warehouse turned hipster art gallery, and it was too loud.

Numanoid wrote:Reading these posts I get a feeling that the regular KVR user is not found in the mosh pit during Metallica shows :D
Metallica pits are like those ball pits at burger king. Far too little blood.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”