Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

If I had a Rhodes Chroma, I probably would get an Apple ][ to help with sequencing

I want to go AVGN on this move by Camel Audio.

Bump.

KForte90 wrote:I want to go AVGN on this move by Camel Audio.
Did you just wake up from a coma, the move was made January 1st, now it is like 8 months later

Numanoid wrote:
KForte90 wrote:I want to go AVGN on this move by Camel Audio.
Did you just wake up from a coma, the move was made January 1st, now it is like 8 months later
I held off on buying Alchemy until I had income that would allow it. Now that I earn over $1000 a month, I find that it is already too late and my hopes and dreams have long since been stabbed in the back.

Bought Alchemy and libs only recently. Should have waited for this LPX update ...

The continued lack of uniform use of retina resolution graphics throughout Logic is... Rather Microsoft-like.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

After exploring it in depth i can say the latest Logic update is a buggy crapple..... thumbs down!

Did anyone beta test it.... or is THIS the beta test? :D

I'm REALLY late to the party here... but does anyone know if any programmers and/or engineers migrated from Camel Audio to Apple? Or did Apple just use Alchemy's source code as a sort of template and use their own people to write code for the Logic Pro version? :neutral:

Yes, they are now employed by Apple - acquiring talent is a major part of these acquisitions that Apple do.

Yes, they made sure only their Windows users got screwed over. :)

Mivo wrote:Yes, they made sure only their Windows users got screwed over. :)
yes, all of those Windows users who had many years opportunity to buy Alchemy got the opportunity to buy Alchemy taken away from them. Must have really hurt... :hyper: :dog:

Cinebient wrote:After exploring it in depth i can say the latest Logic update is a buggy crapple..... thumbs down!
But at least they got the talent acquired and tied up for sure :D

Numanoid wrote:If I had a Rhodes Chroma, I probably would get an Apple ][ to help with sequencing
<offtopic> why? just get a CC+:
http://www.rhodeschroma.com/?id=cpuplus
and use your regular sequencer with midi...

Numanoid wrote:
Cinebient wrote:After exploring it in depth i can say the latest Logic update is a buggy crapple..... thumbs down!
But at least they got the talent acquired and tied up for sure :D
That's something to be checked in the future. What we have for certain is what we have NOW. And what I saw didn't look to me like what I expected from version 2.0 of Alchemy. But maybe my expectations were too high :?
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”