Spotlight Ensembles from Kirk Hunter - 1st Audio Demo

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aryaroman wrote:
KirkHunter wrote:
Aryaroman wrote:Any word on the estimated price or release date still?
Still shooting for the Autumn. :)
Can you say where you're shooting the price range for? Like more or less expensive than Spitfire's Albion-line? (+500e) Or will there be budget-versions like EWQL?
I'm not at liberty to say the exact price yet, but it will be CRAZY affordable. TRUST me! (MUCH less than the other libs you mentioned.)

KirkHunter wrote:
Aryaroman wrote:
KirkHunter wrote:
Can you say where you're shooting the price range for? Like more or less expensive than Spitfire's Albion-line? (+500e) Or will there be budget-versions like EWQL?
I'm not at liberty to say the exact price yet, but it will be CRAZY affordable. TRUST me! (MUCH less than the other libs you mentioned.)
Okay, where do I sign? :pray:

Is there a list of articulations? I saw sustain with multiple playing (!) styles, staccato and marcato in the brass walkthrough. More for strings and woodwinds?

Aryaroman wrote:
KirkHunter wrote:
Aryaroman wrote:
KirkHunter wrote:
Okay, where do I sign? :pray:

Is there a list of articulations? I saw sustain with multiple playing (!) styles, staccato and marcato in the brass walkthrough. More for strings and woodwinds?
Currently:

STRINGS:
Long Notes: (All long notes can be slurred if you overlap subsequent notes)
Arco
Arco Velocity Attack
Marcato
Marcato Poco
Tremolo (All long notes can have tremolo crossfade via controller of your choice.)
(All sustained notes can engage intervals during the slur if desired.)
Short Notes:
Staccato
Spiccato
Pizzicato

BRASS:
Soft Tongue
Med Tongue
Marcato
Marcato Poco
Sforzando (with mod wheel crescendo)
Short Notes:
Staccato
Staccatissimo

WOODWIND SOLOS:
Soft Tongue
Med Tongue
Marcato
Marcato Poco
Short Notes:
Staccato
Staccatissimo

In all sections, you can use either "poly" mode which enables chords at all times, or "legato" mode which allows chords, but only if you play the notes in the chord at almost the exact same time.

great demo on YouTube, Kirk!

[quote="dbender"][quote="KirkHunter"][quote="dbender"]Kirk, sounds great!

What will be the minimum version of Kontakt it can run on?[/quote]

I am planning on having this orchestral beast available as a KONTAKT PLAYER library. Yes, that's right....you won't have to purchase the full version of Kontakt for this one. But again...this is PRELIMINARY.[/quote]

Thanks Kirk.

I meant version number of the full Kontakt. Will it work in Kontakt 5.2? (Kontakt version 5.3 requires OS X 10.7+ BUT I'm still on OS X 10.6.8.)[/quote]
10.6.8 here too, but I am running Kontakt 5.3.1 by using a workaround which I found on the web. Works perfectly.

Unless its using scripting every Kontakt library should be made in K2 or K3 for widest compatibility.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

It's not possible to do certain necessary things in K4 or lower. That's why K5. I know what you mean about K5.2. Sadly, it's just not possible since our upgrading to Mavericks. (K5.2 does not run in Mavericks or higher)

KirkHunter wrote: Currently:

STRINGS:
Arco
Arco Velocity Attack
Marcato
Marcato Poco
Tremolo (All long notes can have tremolo crossfade via controller of your choice.)
Short Notes:
Staccato
Spiccato
Pizzicato

BRASS:
Soft Tongue
Med Tongue
Marcato
Marcato Poco
Short Notes:
Staccato
Staccatissimo

WOODWIND SOLOS:
Soft Tongue
Med Tongue
Marcato
Marcato Poco
Short Notes:
Staccato
Staccatissimo

In all sections, you can use either "poly" mode which enables chords at all times, or "legato" mode which allows chords, but only if you play the notes in the chord at almost the exact same time.
+1 for tremolo

In all sections, you can use either "poly" mode which enables chords at all times, or "legato" mode which allows chords, but only if you play the notes in the chord at almost the exact same time.[/quote]

This is really great! The fact that you can change the tonguing is promising. Many libraries have that busy, grandeur tone they were played in that I find, limits their capability to blend in different kind of settings, or emotions. The inclusion of different tonguing techniques is a suberb addition in that regard. Gives the orchestra a lot more space to manouver.

Edit: KVR eats my words.

@Kirk Hunter I understand. Just keeping the thread on the first page. :wink:
Last edited by Aryaroman on Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aryaroman, stay tuned. I'm working as fast as I can.

what of scoops and falls?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:what of scoops and falls?
Not in the initial release.

Ok, you can get a free trial of the Strings, Brass and Woodwinds of Spotlight Ensembles at:
http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/signup ... _trial.php
Full information at http://kirkhunterstudios.com/spotlight_ ... ctions.pdf

KirkHunter wrote:Ok, you can get a free trial of the Strings, Brass and Woodwinds of Spotlight Ensembles at:
http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/signup ... _trial.php
Full information at http://kirkhunterstudios.com/spotlight_ ... ctions.pdf
This is great Kirk, thanks! Wish others would do this too. :tu: Going to demo it when I get back to studio.

Soooo, 12 days left in Fall. Any news??
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

chibear wrote:Soooo, 12 days left in Fall. Any news??
Actually, it's all ready to go. However, there are some HUGE changes going on here at KHS, and we want to coincide the launch of this library, along with its big brother, (Spotlight Symphonic Orchestra [working name only for now]) with the re-launching of KHS. It should be in early January if all goes as planned. Trust me, the wait is worth it.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”