OP-X Pro II vs....?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OutCider wrote:
braj wrote: It is just too bad that a wonderful synth is dead-ended by Synthedit.
I wouldn't blame the tool, but I would be asking questions of the developers, like why can't you code a synth native?
Tbh, i've always wondered about that. If you can write DSP, i would have guessed the framework shouldn't be a problem for you too. Or you could use a framework which actually supports 64-bit and all that.

They have a version of OP-X for Reaktor.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

chk071 wrote: Tbh, i've always wondered about that. If you can write DSP, i would have guessed the framework shouldn't be a problem for you too. Or you could use a framework which actually supports 64-bit and all that.
Especially when considering how topics have been started here by newcomers and ended with quality, functioning soft synths, in a relatively short time frame.

Harsh as it seems and unfounded as it may be, there really isn't any excuse for a proper developer to use synth edit in the first instance.
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

OutCider wrote:
braj wrote: It is just too bad that a wonderful synth is dead-ended by Synthedit.
I wouldn't blame the tool, but I would be asking questions of the developers, like why can't you code a synth native?
Well, then OP-X Pro II developer, I would ask why, after expending so much energy to get the simulation just right, you don't feel compelled to create a 64 bit native version? I love this plugin and it deserves a successor.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I've been saying for years that the only reasons OPX is still Synth Edit is the developers are either too lazy or unable to write proper code.

All their wizz bang proprietary technology and they can't rid themselves of SE's limitations ? That's why I've never taken them or their software seriously............ :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It is a nice synth, the developer even comped me a copy right after I had sold my own, I forget the specifics but he appreciated the tiny QA effort I made and just wanted me happy with his synth. Even if they aren't great programmers, I still love the synth, the presets have proven to be helpful when I was looking for specific sorts of sounds. The only major gripe I have with it is that it isn't 64 bit.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

OP-X Pro II is one of the best there is.
Presets are golden!

but, it doesn't work that well with bridging software.

Do your thing, upgrade it a bit and make it 64 bit, sell it like hot buns.

Maybe it is just not worth the effort. The competition out there is huge, after all there is a free Oberheim clone which some say sounds better than the expensive OP-X Pro.
And who knows, maybe he has simply moved on and works for another company now. Maybe he is a wealthy real estate agent by now :hihi:

OutCider wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, the developer is currently working on a 64-bit version with a hope to release in the relative near future (6 months, perhaps?).

I read that on KVR quite recently though I'm looking for the topic.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Maybe it is just not worth the effort. The competition out there is huge, after all there is a free Oberheim clone which some say sounds better than the expensive OP-X Pro.
No it doesn't. OP-X could probably use an update to its VCF, but Sonic Projects modeled the OB-X right.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I like its sound the way it is, but the user interface is just too bad for my eyes...

jsp1979 wrote: If I'm not mistaken, the developer is currently working on a 64-bit version with a hope to release in the relative near future (6 months, perhaps?).

I read that on KVR quite recently though I'm looking for the topic.
I also remember it, but I'm not sure about authenticity.

Unfortunately they demos were amazing.

I think they never wanted to otherwise during last years they might take something like juice and develop 64 bit plugin so everybody would be able to use it with modern platforms.
fluffy_little_something wrote:Maybe it is just not worth the effort. The competition out there is huge, after all there is a free Oberheim clone which some say sounds better than the expensive OP-X Pro.
Market is huge too and it's expanding still. They have nice sound 2-3-4 years ago so they could get even bigger market share by now.
Last edited by david.beholder on Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Murderous duck!

They last updated their flagship synth in Sep 2011 :party:

How can we keep with these rapid updates? :shock:

Memorymoon is a former Synthedit developer that managed to get ME80 ported over, so it is not impossible. They have yet to update their other synths though. I don't know what sorts of issues exist, could it be licencing of whatever code they used in Synthedit over out of that environment? I just don't know what sort of technical or business decisions these devs face. It just seems to be Synthedit somehow making the transition more difficult. Even if it is a case of the devs not being up to snuff somehow, it would speak a lot to Synthedit being a success at nuanced plugin development.

Anyhow, in a week or so I'll be retiring all 32 bit plugs on my system so I can stop having to launch Studio One as Admin to have it work right.

Frantz wrote:
How can we keep with these rapid updates? :shock:
Lol, yeah. if it weren't broken that's cool, but no 64 bit, like it or not, for a plugin hoping to make it in the market today, makes it extinct.

Return to “Instruments”