Izotope introduce a new price for Iris 2 Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DJ Warmonger wrote:
We have been waiting for bug fixes in Iris 2 for 10+ months now, they were promised but never delivered
Wait, are there still significant bugs in Iris 2? :o
Yep.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:
We have been waiting for bug fixes in Iris 2 for 10+ months now, they were promised but never delivered
Yep.
Care to elaborate? :roll:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:
Ben H wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:
Yep.
A selection:
*Random LFO often doesn't work (it only holds but doesn't sample).
*Random LFO speed can not be modulated with a Macro or any other controller, only with a Midi CC
*Bad zipper noises when turning/automating Macros (bad/no interpolation), especially when assigned to things like oscillator volume or filter cutoff
*When FX are set to “Send“, the signal reaches the FX pre-amplitude env which is totally silly, they promised to add a pre/post-switch at least, but never did

Sampleconstruct wrote:
lnikj wrote: No mention of Iris, Breaktweaker or Stutter Edit.
So maybe a last blowout sale for their 3 instruments and then they can shut that department down, as it's probably not profitable enough.
If they do I'm just going to scrap Iris 2 and stick with Iris 1 - I still don't think Iris 2 really adds much and the lack of compatibility with all my old banks means I still use Iris 1 more (also I hate the 2 interface).

aMUSEd wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
lnikj wrote: No mention of Iris, Breaktweaker or Stutter Edit.
So maybe a last blowout sale for their 3 instruments and then they can shut that department down, as it's probably not profitable enough.
If they do I'm just going to scrap Iris 2 and stick with Iris 1 - I still don't think Iris 2 really adds much and the lack of compatibility with all my old banks means I still use Iris 1 more (also I hate the 2 interface).
Perhaps they could sell it to Apple to be merged with Alchemy's spectral editor :wink:

I wish, back when it wasn't known about the Apple thing I did entertain the thought that it was Izotope that bought out Alchemy. At the time it seemed a nice thought that they could merge both great synths, but in retrospect, even though it might have been better for Windows users, Izotope's short attention span approach would probably have made this a bad idea in the long term.

DJ Warmonger wrote:
Ben H wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:
Yep.
Not really.
Care to google it?

There is already a long and elaborate thread discussing it.

I'm not going to rehash everything again, for the sake of someone who can't be bothered to spend 2sec searching for it. :roll:

EDIT: Thread here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=855

It's 58 pages long, but if you start at the end and work your way backwards, you will get a pretty good idea.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Oddly enough IMO $150 is finally a reasonable price point for Iris. With the Bitwig discount I may actually buy it. For better or for worse. Or not. I wasn't too thrilled to watch how Iris 1 developed (or rather didn't) and Iris 2 seems a cabon copy of that product management style.

I don't expect free updates forever but just a little love for your product after release would go a long way.

jsp1979 wrote:
Synthetic Wav wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Hmm interesting and i also get a discount from owning bitwig.
how much? i also own bitwig but i m not aware of a discount
$30 off. See the tile at the bottom of the Bitwig homepage: http://www.bitwig.com/en/bitwig-studio.html
thanks good deal :tu:
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

To be fair, iZotope haven't actually said that they plan to drop Iris. The press release seems more about the separation of music and post production lines. I see no reason why Iris can't fit well into the former category, perhaps this price drop is intended to help them determine the popularity, I personally think $149 is a more appropriate price. It'll be interesting to see what's lined up for their new announcements too.

On a side note, i didn't know they had a new iPhone app called Spire. Surely there's grounds for RevealSound to get their lawyers involved on that.

Return to “Instruments”