SynthMaster AND SynthMaster Player updated to v2.7.6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

Just examining the KV331 Audio folder and strange to see it has a Logs directory which inside it has directories for Config, Logs, Partial Presets, Presets, Resources and Scales which is odd (they are all empty) - maybe not relevant

Keith99 wrote:Well after the update it crashes Cubase for me as well :( I never had any problems with it until now. I did the things mentioned on here like deleting the folders and reinstalling etc. but no luck.
Looking into the issue right now. Many folks reported a black screen + freeze after update so this looks like a Cubase specific issue.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
Keith99 wrote:Well after the update it crashes Cubase for me as well :( I never had any problems with it until now. I did the things mentioned on here like deleting the folders and reinstalling etc. but no luck.
Looking into the issue right now. Many folks reported a black screen + freeze after update so this looks like a Cubase specific issue.
FWIW Im using Win8.1x64 with Cubase8.0.20x64. I did have to do a clean install due to issues with duplicate banks showing up. Apart from that it's been pretty solid since 2.73 and midi implentation working as expected in 2.74.

Just a thought check graphics card drivers upto date.

kv331 wrote:
OK thanks. If you need any more info. let me know

Thanks for your patience. I installed Cubase 8 Demo version and yes I can reproduce the freeze. Now I'll go ahead and debug it. Should have an update 2.7.5 hopefully tonight, which includes a unified installer for Windows.
Works at KV331 Audio

Just as I guessed, this had to do with the popup dialog window freezing Cubase. So I decided not to pass a parent window handle to message box function. This should fix the issue, testing now!
Works at KV331 Audio

Player is currently on sale for $14 as well - 1100 solid presets - IMHO it's the best value for money way of getting a shedload of very useable sounds if you're a newbie who hasn't got themselves into bought vsts yet...
Sonar Platinum, Ignite and Ableton Live 9 DAWS
AIR Hybrid 3, Synthmaster, Z3ta+2, Addictive Drums 2, True Piano Amber, Rapture, Dim Pro, BFD Eco, AAS Strum, Addictive Keys, Synth 1 VSTs
Nektar LX61, Korg MicroKey and Akai Pro LPD8 Pad

Same problem here !

After Updating Synthmaster and Synthmasterplayer Cubase 7.5 Crashes.

I also get a black window.
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

Ok guys problem with Cubase fixed on Windows (haven't observed the issue on OSX yet)

Could you please download the latest update once again at:

http://www.synthmaster.com/downloadupdates.aspx

Thank you for your patience!

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio

Just to confirm that now works in Cubase - thanks.

Hi,

I updated Synthmaster from ver. 2.7.2 to 2.7.4, all is working great, except for one issue, every program in the browser has a duplicate, which is preventing me from using the arrow keys to navigate the programs, (using the arrow keys won't allow me to scroll up and down the list), so I have to use the mouse, and click on each a program to load it.

I would appreciate some help in fixing the duplicate programs issue in the browser, I'm guessing I need to delete a file/folder to fix this, but not sure which one, and where it resides.

I'm using Cubase Pro 8 (ver. 8.0.20) , Windows 8.1

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Muziksculp wrote:Hi,

I updated Synthmaster from ver. 2.7.2 to 2.7.4, all is working great, except for one issue, every program in the browser has a duplicate, which is preventing me from using the arrow keys to navigate the programs, (using the arrow keys won't allow me to scroll up and down the list), so I have to use the mouse, and click on each a program to load it.
Did you install both 32bit and 64bit versions ?

To fix this issue the best solution is to move the data files to a single location, and modify the SynthMasterFolders.txt file.

I am currently working on an 2.7.6 update which should fix the issue for good:

There will be a single installer for 32/64 bit windows and it'll install

1. data files to a single location
2. 32bit vst (if user chooses to install)
3. 64bit vst (if user chooses to install)
4. AAX version (if user chooses to install)

and the installer generates the SynthMasterFolders.txt file automatically under My Documents\SynthMaster folder so manual editing is not necessary.
installer.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

Computer Music Mag has just released the "Hands On" video of SynthMaster 2.7:

YAY!
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:Hi,

Did you install both 32bit and 64bit versions ?

To fix this issue the best solution is to move the data files to a single location, and modify the SynthMasterFolders.txt file.
Hi kv331,

I only installed the 64-bit VST version.

After checking my VST file structure, I found that there is an additional KV331 folder inside the first one, so duplicate files of the data file exists on my system. What is the best way to get this sorted out, should I just delete the entire second kv3331 folder ? a bit confused as to what you mean by moving the data files to a single location, and modify SynthMasterFolders.txt file, what do I need to modify in the text file ?

Here is a pic of the duplicate Folder that I'm referring to :

Thanks,
Muziksculp

I'd suggest to delete c:\vstplugins x64\KV331 Audio and then install SynthMaster 64bit to that folder again, from :

http://www.synthmaster.com/downloadfile.aspx?fileId=48

and/or delete

my documents\synthmasterpresets.xml file
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”