anyone satisfied with their setup?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was, until I updated Omnisphere to version 2. It's a CPU sucker. i7 6-core built in early 2015. FFS. There is no end to this software/hardware upgrade cycle. There isn't even a pause any more.

Everything else works great, including Diva.

This is all in the context of being immensely glad to have the option to make music at all.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm mostly content, for recording. I'd like omnisphere, and Diva but i have better uses for 600 bucks. I would also love to actually have a better room, but not much i can do about that.

Unfortunately I am now starting a live band for the first time in ten years, so now i need to buy stuff for a PA and live rig, of which not many things in my studio setup will suffice. I am the band's singer, bassist, and keyboardist ( think Geddy Lee, only worse). And previously had only been a live guitarist/singer. So now I have a new focus for my GAS.

Works for me..........
"Everything we hear is an opinion,not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective,not the truth." _ Marcus Aurelius

Yes my rig is 13 cm long which I have convinced my significant "Other" that centimeters are equal to inches... at least I think I have... oh well I'm satisfied.

Whoops, we are talking about our music rigs.

I started going through my purchased gear and found that the obsolete and unsupported stuff is working better than some of the new upgrades available at the moment. I guess I'm set.

p.s. I will not list them as I have no need to garner envy or awe, it's just that I know you will laugh at me.

I'm set so far as it goes right now. :)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

1 HW KB synth, 1 analogue synth, a few plugins. Totally satisfied.

I just need one more thing...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Mostly yes...

A relatively powerful computer (i7 4770 with SSD's) reason 8, a few RE's/refills (mostly for guitar/bass stuff and then like BFD core/jazz/funk) and couple of newer controllers (nektar impact for about 9 months and just recently added a TFP since they dropped the price to 149)

Yeah, happy isn't really applicable. Ecstatic is closer. Stable, does what's advertised on the tin, I make more music (whatever that means :lol: ) than ever. The vst world is mostly a memory.

Notwithstanding the 'Rockstar Fantasy,' I have more capability than I ever dreamed of.

As far as hardware and software goes, I have enough, probably more than enough. Sometimes, having too many choices can kill productivity, and my penchant of late has been to have umpteen sketches of stuff, but not a lot finished. Truthfully, I was more productive with a Tascam Portapotty (with some rented equipment on a tight schedule) than I currently am with Logic Pro, and all the assorted software instruments, effects, etc. That is my own fault, though.

I also have a nice collection of guitars, which was one adolescent fantasy I have fullfilled (to my wife's bemusement and occasional frustration). I just want one more, a Martin D-18, and I'll consider that area closed.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

amd fx 6300 3.5ghz, 16gb ram , win 8.1

lexicon alpha interface

electric guitar

jbl 2328p monitors

some midi keys and knobs

i use ableton suite and cubase 8

the only 3rd party vst i have is sonivox twist and air xpand 2

im content with my set up and have everything i need really , only just things i want and cant afford yet
Faggotmaster

I am all set except in regards to talent.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:I am all set except in regards to talent.
Talent is now a free synthedit plugin:
http://www.xoxos.net/vst/talent.html
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Have a ridiculous amount of gear (it's embarassing, really) - not satisfied... yet. :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Count me another satisfied hobbyist.
For my lowly needs, what I have going is perfect.
There is always one or two plugins 'on the list' at any moment, and I will always upgrade cpu as there are jumps in performance, but generally I have all needs covered and love it so effin much. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”