Izotope introduce a new price for Iris 2 Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
lnikj wrote:Regrettably, requests for fixes and enhancements result in new major versions or new plugins, not in .point updates.
So you think lowering the price is also sort of a ploy to get users to buy into it, and then a couple of months down the line it's gonna be Iris3 and Trash3, homerun for upgrade money?
That's one of explanation. The other is that Iris products simply don't sell because they are too expensive (compared to competition, for example).
I'm still hoping that the second is true, but first is more cruel :evil:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

msorrels wrote:These price changes seem pretty consistent with them killing off these content products. I wonder if they will end sales of these products entirely?
So why would they half the price of Trash, when it is stated in the infomercial that:

Moving forward, the Music Production family is led by one of iZotope’s flagship products, Ozone for mastering, and is complemented by products for mixing, vocals, and creative effects, like Alloy, Nectar, and Trash

DJ Warmonger wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
lnikj wrote:Regrettably, requests for fixes and enhancements result in new major versions or new plugins, not in .point updates.
So you think lowering the price is also sort of a ploy to get users to buy into it, and then a couple of months down the line it's gonna be Iris3 and Trash3, homerun for upgrade money?
That's one of explanation. The other is that Iris products simply don't sell because they are too expensive (compared to competition, for example).
I'm still hoping that the second is true, but first is more cruel :evil:
Arturia looks to be going strong, they did a similar price adjustment to their products a couple of years ago.

Numanoid wrote: So you think lowering the price is also sort of a ploy to get users to buy into it, and then a couple of months down the line it's gonna be Iris3 and Trash3, homerun for upgrade money?
He never said that at all. :roll:
In response to your point
Numanoid wrote:With lower price, more users will buy the stuff, that means there will be more users that can demand fixes/enhancements.

You should be happy
He countered with
Which is absolutely nothing like your somewhat disingenuous implication. :tu:
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

Numanoid wrote:
@Outcider, thanks :)

@Numanoid ...

I don't think there will be an Iris 3. I wish there would be, with enhanced spectral editing tools, but I (pessimistically) don't think it will happen.

Trash 2 could be going to get a Ozone 6 style UI overhaul. With the subtraction of a few features of course! They certainly have been plugging it recently. If they do do that then I expect Alloy will be next.

Sorry if I sound sour, but as an owner of most of their catalogue, I've become very used to how things have gone since the venture capital investment.

OutCider wrote:He never said that at all. :roll:
Oops, looks like I got caught by the wannabe forum police. You forgot to add: Respect my authority.

If the user doesn't agree with my posting, s/he probably can manage to answer that by themselves, no need to play Mr. Wannabe Forum Police Woman
Last edited by Numanoid on Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anyone know if iris2 includes the expansions from iris1? Or is buying any of those still worth it? I got the food expansion freebie still lying around but never used since I never owned iris1

lnikj wrote: @Outcider, thanks :)
No worries :tu:

Numanoid wrote:
OutCider wrote:He never said that at all. :roll:
Oops, looks like I got caught by the wannabe forum police. You forgot to add: Respect my authority.

If the user doesn't agree with my posting, s/he probably can manage to answer that by themselves, no need to play Mr. Wannabe Forum Policeman
You got caught out deliberately misrepresenting another members position.
Your clear transference aside (forum policeman lol), can't you just discuss without the crap???

Maybe try it and see how you get on. :clap:

ezelkow1 wrote:Anyone know if iris2 includes the expansions from iris1? Or is buying any of those still worth it? I got the food expansion freebie still lying around but never used since I never owned iris1
Yes and no - it includes the samples from the expansions but not the presets because they messed up backwards compatibility.

Looks like that really is a real iZotope press release:
https://www.izotope.com/en/company/pres ... gy-reveal/
(I actually looked when I read that article but didn't find this until just now)

I love this quote:
"We want to make sure everyone’s experience with an iZotope product is fluid and clear, without distractions like extra features or irrelevant settings"

They distracted me with features!
-Matt

It's all there in black and white then! Removing features is a policy, not a mistake.

They state that going forward is going to be about mixing and mastering. No mention of Iris, Breaktweaker or Stutter Edit.

lnikj wrote: No mention of Iris, Breaktweaker or Stutter Edit.
So maybe a last blowout sale for their 3 instruments and then they can shut that department down, as it's probably not profitable enough.

We have been waiting for bug fixes in Iris 2 for 10+ months now, they were promised but never delivered. After intense bug fixing-communication with their product manager Brad(bot), he suddenly disappeared and never replied to my mails again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfFy0CPEpsE
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bradbot, where are you? Come back! Say it's not so.

We have been waiting for bug fixes in Iris 2 for 10+ months now, they were promised but never delivered
Wait, are there still significant bugs in Iris 2? :o
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Instruments”