Alchemy welcomes to Logic X Pro 10.2 and Mainstage 3 (Update 20.1.2016)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Logic Pro MainStage

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
Fleer wrote:
Bombadil wrote:China is Mordor.
Home of your Danish monitors :)
Huh. Just looked that up, and you're still wrong. Mine were made in Denmark. :wink:
with parts sourced from....
Indeed. Dynaudio now even have Chinese owners, as Wilfried Ehrenholz cashed in. Up to 50 million.
http://www.cfuttrup.com/history/dynaudio.html

just sold an audio interface to the dude who wrote the Alchemy 2 manual...
He was also involved in the design of the Kawaii K5000 synth and the original Emagic that became Logic...
He lives about ten minutes drive away!
:o
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Fleer wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
Fleer wrote:
Bombadil wrote:China is Mordor.
Home of your Danish monitors :)
Huh. Just looked that up, and you're still wrong. Mine were made in Denmark. :wink:
with parts sourced from....
Indeed. Dynaudio now even have Chinese owners, as Wilfried Ehrenholz cashed in. Up to 50 million.
http://www.cfuttrup.com/history/dynaudio.html
I won't be buying more from them!

Had a moment of weakness t'other day, though. Bought a cheap electric Ricky 12 string knockoff for €229 at Thomann. Yep, made in China. GAS is a turrible thang........ :uhuhuh:
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

werp wrote:just sold an audio interface to the dude who wrote the Alchemy 2 manual...
He was also involved in the design of the Kawaii K5000 synth and the original Emagic that became Logic...
He lives about ten minutes drive away!
:o
Whom are you talking about? AFAIK, the original Logic (and its ancester Notator) were written basically by three guys: Gerhard Lengeling, Chris Adam and Clemens Homburg. None of them was involved in the design of the Kawai K5000. :o
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:Whom are you talking about? AFAIK, the original Logic (and its ancester Notator) were written basically by three guys: Gerhard Lengeling, Chris Adam and Clemens Homburg. None of them was involved in the design of the Kawai K5000. :o
Yes, they were the principle developers, but the emagic team consisted of more than those - including developers of other apps like SoundDiver, the support team, the CEO and so on, new developers hired to expand Logic in terms of Windows, DSP, instruments and so on and other personnel for admin, order processing and so on.

He didn't say the guy developed Logic, he said he was part of the emagic team...

beely wrote:
fmr wrote:Whom are you talking about? AFAIK, the original Logic (and its ancester Notator) were written basically by three guys: Gerhard Lengeling, Chris Adam and Clemens Homburg. None of them was involved in the design of the Kawai K5000. :o
Yes, they were the principle developers, but the emagic team consisted of more than those - including developers of other apps like SoundDiver, the support team, the CEO and so on, new developers hired to expand Logic in terms of Windows, DSP, instruments and so on and other personnel for admin, order processing and so on.

He didn't say the guy developed Logic, he said he was part of the emagic team...
He said: "the original Emagic that became Logic", which to me means before Logic. :shrug:

At that time, there were not many more than those three. Even Michael Haydn (the creator of Sound Diver) was still independent. There must be some confusion... As a matter of fact, Logic was launched when the company was still C-Lab, if I remember well. When they became Emagic, Logic was entering v 2.0
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:As a matter of fact, Logic was launched when the company was still C-Lab, if I remember well. When they became Emagic, Logic was entering v 2.0
emagic was founded before v2.0 - the first version of (Notator) Logic I bought was 1.7 (Atari), and that was emagic (I still have the box!) and emagic had been advertising Logic for some time. Certainly 1.5 (Mac) was emagic-branded.

Note - C-Lab was actually a distributor company, and Notator was independently developed (ie, the developers were never part of C-Lab itself), just had a deal with C-Lab for distribution. When the developers fell out with C-Lab, they then founded their own company, emagic, to bring (Notator) Logic to market.

I *think* I remember some really early Notator Logic 1.0 branding coming up as C-Lab, but I'd need to check my archives.

Edit: yeah, I have a review of Notator Logic 1.1 from April 1993 which is branded as C-Lab.

But ultimately, emagic was *always* about Logic, right from the start. And yes, at the beginning, emagic was the developers and the CEO, Sven Kindel/Junge. By Logic 2.0, emagic probably had 20+ employees, plus independent developers as you say.

His name is Dave, don't know his second name. I sold him a Motu 828mk 3. He was also involved in a couple of Roland synth designs, worked as a fairlight operator when nobody knew how to drive one and is friends with a guy who "is like me but german" and who owns Air Music technology. Loom, Velvet, Ignite etc. He dribbled a bit over my gear and then went all technical for an hour and a half.
He said the hardest part about writing the manual was explaining what the morph function did without getting incredibly nerdy.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Cinebient wrote:What was the topic here :?:
Various techniques on making squirrels sing.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:
Cinebient wrote:What was the topic here :?:
Various techniques on making squirrels sing.
yeah, and the most popular of them was to squeeze their ...nuts ! :wink:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Lenovo IdeaPad U330p Win8.1 Pro x64 | Ableton Suite 9.1.5 x32 | Some Synths

Back on topic : apart from any squirrel's states of mind (that might drive some really nuts, indeed !), wasn't at the very beginning "Creator" that preceeded "Notator" as ancestors of Logic ?

(pour les francophones : une tentative pour empêcher que le sujet parte définivement en couille ! ) :oops:
Last edited by Krakatau on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krakatau wrote:Back on topic : apart from any squirrel's states of mind (that might drive some really nuts, indeed !), wasn't at the very beginning "Creator" that preceeded "Notator" as ancestors of Logic ?
Yes.

Gerhard wrote a C64 sequencer first, then started Creator for the Atari ST. Chris Adam came on to do the notation part which became Notator (Notator was Creator + the score edit page/ printout stuffs).

beely wrote:
Krakatau wrote:Back on topic : apart from any squirrel's states of mind (that might drive some really nuts, indeed !), wasn't at the very beginning "Creator" that preceeded "Notator" as ancestors of Logic ?
Yes.

Gerhard wrote a C64 sequencer first, then started Creator for the Atari ST. Chris Adam came on to do the notation part which became Notator (Notator was Creator + the score edit page/ printout stuffs).
This should have happened in the middle of the eighties, AFAIK ?

Krakatau wrote:This should have happened in the middle of the eighties, AFAIK ?
Yep. Creator/Notator was mid-to late eighties, 86-91-ish, with Logic starting about 1992.

Here's a review of Creator 1.2, from 1987:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/neilvance ... otostream/

Return to “Instruments”