Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

Fleer wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote:Man cakewalk is struggling to get one synth to work right lol. Native Instruments has kontakt and a gazillion others and they work lol.
CW got Z3ta+2 entirely right :tu:
No they did not.

1. It has bug with Joystick enabled, because of that you cannot automate any parameter. im not the first one to report to fix this, they didnt do anything.
2. They seem to not care making global quality setting. Its annoying everytime on patch to set oversamlping to 2x.

What a buttload of crap Cakewalk Is:

I asked a feature request half year ago:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Small-feature ... 78440.aspx

Since no one f*king cares there, i wrote to a support, this is theyr replay:
Hello Ramunas,

The status of your problem report has updated to “Submitted as Feature Request” with the following notes:

Thank you for your feedback. The behavior you are describing is either:

not an error in how the application is currently functioning
feedback or a request for an improvement to the application and its features
a suggestion for a new feature that is not currently implemented in the current version of the software

We have a dedicated section of our forum dedicated to feature requests and/or upgraded implementation- if this is something you feel should be addressed in a future product, please take a moment and submit this to our Product Management Team at: http://forum.cakewalk.com/Features-Ideas-f76.aspx.
Oh yeah Cakewalk, thank your for this useless replay.

So to resume, Cakewalk has 0 care for customers requests and wishes.

Fleer wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote:Man cakewalk is struggling to get one synth to work right lol. Native Instruments has kontakt and a gazillion others and they work lol.
On BOTH platforms? Or just on the one platform that the CEO thinks his company serves?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

themachinelt wrote:
Fleer wrote:
No they did not.

1. It has bug with Joystick enabled, because of that you cannot automate any parameter. im not the first one to report to fix this, they didnt do anything.
2. They seem to not care making global quality setting. Its annoying everytime on patch to set oversamlping to 2x.
There's also no VST2 on Mac.

Z3ta 2 and R Pro still crash Live 9 64bit instantly upon opening.

Update to latest Live9 .....fixed that crash problem for me

jc_vt wrote:Update to latest Live9 .....fixed that crash problem for me
I uninstalled it then reinstalled it through command center. Now it works :D

themachinelt wrote:What a buttload of crap Cakewalk Is:

I asked a feature request half year ago:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Small-feature ... 78440.aspx

Since no one f*king cares there, i wrote to a support, this is theyr replay:
That is very easy to implement. They probably have no resources that are capable of maintaining Z3ta2 codebase maybe ?
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

ThomasHelzle wrote:Works fine with Muz3um
That should be one big plus for new customers, Muz3um is just fantastic :tu:

Jace-BeOS wrote:Mac users still having trouble? I'm sure this quote from the Cakewalk CEO will be comforting:

"So, being a PC-only software company, we have to work extra hard to open their minds to that."

(My emphasis)

The interview with the guy is all marketing and nothing interesting, aside from this slip up admission that their Mac products are not even known to the CEO of the company.
Clearly, the answer was in regard to SONAR, which is only available for Windows. In fact, the whole interview was primarily about SONAR. We didn't pick the questions. OS X, Android, and iOS are all important platforms for us but unfortunately SONAR is not available for any of these.

Mr. AROSSA [Cakewalk],

As long as your visiting this forum, perhaps you can answer a question that has been pending and unanswered on the Cakewalk Instruments forum for quite some time.

Rapture Pro still has outstanding bugs. Is there a maintenance release in the pipeline? For me the instrument will remain unusable until at least one significant incompatibility with Cubase is fixed.

dmbaer wrote:Mr. AROSSA [Cakewalk],

As long as your visiting this forum, perhaps you can answer a question that has been pending and unanswered on the Cakewalk Instruments forum for quite some time.

Rapture Pro still has outstanding bugs. Is there a maintenance release in the pipeline? For me the instrument will remain unusable until at least one significant incompatibility with Cubase is fixed.
It also doesn't work in Logic.

aMUSEd wrote:It also doesn't work in Logic.
What's the issue in Logic? In Cubase, the problem that I spotted is the non-functioning of KB tracking modulation (happens when hosted under Cubase but does not happen under SONAR or in standalone operation). There may be other issues under Cubase as well, but I haven't gone looking for more problems and haven't used the synth much beyond evaluating it's features.

I am pleased to report that Andrew from CW has inserted himself in the process and will be putting me in touch with the developers about my issue (which I filed a bug report on several months ago and heard nothing in response). So, I curious as to whether the Logic problem is the same as the problem I spotted or something different. If the latter, I'd be happy to test the behavior under Cubase to see if RP misbehaves in a similar fashion.

dmbaer wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:It also doesn't work in Logic.
What's the issue in Logic? In Cubase, the problem that I spotted is the non-functioning of KB tracking modulation (happens when hosted under Cubase but does not happen under SONAR or in standalone operation). There may be other issues under Cubase as well, but I haven't gone looking for more problems and haven't used the synth much beyond evaluating it's features.
The version I had was failing validation but I was informed there was a newer version and that one is working now.

aMUSEd wrote: It also doesn't work in Logic.

It works for me just fine in Logic...

EDIT: I see your follow-up now. Glad it's working.

-M

Return to “Instruments”