PSP Audioware NobleQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PSP NobleQ

Fleer wrote:Already had both IKM and Nomad Pultecs, but I thought: why not :tu:
Amazing how the strong the GAS gets around sale times ... :wink:

I thought about getting it myself but I have plenty of EQs already, including the Nomad Pultec, so have resisted (so far).

Just think: if you don't like it you can always put it on KVR for $20. Current "second hand" going price is $30 so you won't be stuck with it. And PSP has a wonderful transfer policy.
So ...... Gasssssssssss!

Yep, my reaction exactly. Love the NF Pulsetec, so at 20 bucks, this was simply irresistible.

WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

I had buspressor and nobleq and sold both, and even so I'm having a light GAS attack.

Hmmmmm. Yet another ITB eq + compressor that I never use, or spend a bit more and get a stomp box that I can touch?
What's so special about it? Is it just the price?

NobleQ is said to be one of the best Pultec emulations, yet with a twist. Two versions included, a basic and a more elaborate one."

"PSP NobleQ combines the features of passive program equalizers with a wide range of frequency settings and extended functionality. To make this plug-in a versatile tool we added several modern features such as an adjustable high pass filter, and the ability to switch high peak and shelf filters to Boost or Attenuation operation.

The PSP NobleQ stands out for its warm sound, its boost and attenuation low-shelf filters and its combined peak and shelf high frequency processing. The warm and musical sound in PSP NobleQ is made possible thanks to its finest processing utilizing FAT double sampling for a natural analog-like response. We also added an output valve-like rounding algorithm with adjustable processing depth.

The low shelf filter actually combines two shelving sections: the first one allows you to boost low frequencies while the other one attenuates them but is tuned slightly higher. Together they help to get a rich bottom end without low-midrange muddiness.

The high frequency range consist of two filters – a peaking filter with adjustable band width (usually set to Boost) and a shelf filter (usually set to Attenuate). Both filters interact in such a way that the more attenuation to high frequency is applied the more selective peaking filter becomes while keeping its center frequency similarly boosted.

PSP NobleQex is an extended version of the PSP NobleQ. It offers all the features of PSP NobleQ combined with an extra middle bell filter and an adjustable low-shelf dip frequency shift."

love the top end of this but the bottom sound awkward vs the other pultec i have tried. But I do like using it for silky boosts.

It's their version of a Pultec rather than a specific emulation. It's actually far more versatile than that, and sounds killer! It replaced my others pretty quick.

it's frustrating that i don't have enough time to demo it against my nf teq. in a brief test, i found the nf much more weighty, bombastic, and easier to dial in. on the other hand, the psp looks to have a lot more options for sculpting.

aaaargh !! :?

TheoM wrote:love the top end of this but the bottom sound awkward vs the other pultec i have tried. But I do like using it for silky boosts.
I think you like the over-sampling and/or differences in the high curves/options on this one, but the low end is different.

We've had nobleq and later, nobleqex, since they came out (plus all the "squads," since before they were seperate).

They don't get used as much as they used to, but it's a nice collection for the money spent.

PSP has an overall sound to me, that's sometimes just the ticket, especially mix-and-match with other brands (NI, IK, SSL, DMG, SL8, Waves... even NF/P&M on occasion).

Sometimes, it's just fun to use something different than usual.

This talk regarding if you need it for what's probably the lowest price ever, is kind of like whether or not to d/l a particular freebie, in my opinion.

Plus, I look at it as a gas fix for cheap... maybe one you'll regret not having jumped on later.

It's up to the individual, though.

antithesist wrote: Plus, I look at it as a gas fix for cheap... maybe one you'll regret not having jumped on later.
Well said :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:it's frustrating that i don't have enough time to demo it against my nf teq. in a brief test, i found the nf much more weighty, bombastic, and easier to dial in. on the other hand, the psp looks to have a lot more options for sculpting.

aaaargh !! :?
There are some differences. The PSP has a hipass filter which makes it very useful for tidying up that low end. The NF to my ears can be a bit softer, more pillowy, esp. that dip at 700Hz. The PSP is great up at the very top end, either boosting or attenuating.

I like the 200Hz boost on the NF, which is not a freq I would normally boost a lot.

I like them both, they are different.

Different again, and, IMHO, with an even better low end boost than either the NF or the PSP is the Overtone PTH-2A. That is the low end boost that I have been using more and more in recent mixes. Love it!

the low end is not bad at all, you may need to boost and cut more to get the same amount of boost and cut compared to some other pultec plugins.
Qex give you also control on the curve.

use a trim plugin after it for good control on the output saturation it's a bit tricky the valve saturation knob and output knob need to be fine tuned for best result but you may find many sweetspot /color that way, from light to fat dark saturation.
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Return to “Effects”