Let's talk about: Gear Acquisition Syndrome

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EsmileZ wrote:i 've bought a PS4 that helped a lot slowing down my GAS
I got given a PS3, it hasn't slowed my GAS at all. It is another distraction from actually making music though.

Out there, late in the night, in the shadows, there is always GAS lurking :D

Gladly I'm in a position of owning a lot of software and hardware... so most of the times this rule applies and kills GAS in a second: "Does it do something else than anything I already have?"

In 99.9% of the case the answer is no.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

But doesn't PS4 give you GAS too?: Game Acquisition Syndrome :P

I wonder if gamers finish every game they buy, and fully utilize the multi player possibilities, before buying yet more games...

Although I don't have the money right now I have been spending a lot of time looking at websites and catalogs for new gear. In particular I have been looking at 7 string guitars...
Sweet child in time...

Numanoid wrote:
But doesn't PS4 give you GAS too?: Game Acquisition Syndrome :P

I wonder if gamers finish every game they buy, and fully utilize the multi player possibilities, before buying yet more games...
i buy games like i buy software i.e while they are on sales, so i always have games i have yet to even install. i do then play them till the end, but i'm not anal enough to go through multiple times to get all the achievements etc i also have no interest in playing fps in a multiplayer scenario

Best thing to do, in my opinion, is stop listening to music, get off the blogs and forums.

I found at least for me, I never appreciated anything I had because I was too busy keeping up with what other people were doing or producing. I thought (subconsciously) that there was some magic preset or sound that was going to change everything. :dog:

I gave up on that and started building my own sounds and exploring the kind of music I wanted to make. Really disconnecting and tuning out has made me more productive and happier. :phones:

MetroSonus wrote:Best thing to do, in my opinion, is stop listening to music, get off the blogs and forums.

I found at least for me, I never appreciated anything I had because I was too busy keeping up with what other people were doing or producing. I thought (subconsciously) that there was some magic preset or sound that was going to change everything. :dog:

I gave up on that and started building my own sounds and exploring the kind of music I wanted to make. Really disconnecting and tuning out has made me more productive and happier. :phones:
That's wise :)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

MetroSonus wrote:Best thing to do, in my opinion, is stop listening to music, get off the blogs and forums.

1+

I never work online. Despite that, hate to admit it, but sometimes I feel the "essence" of my current album-in-progress-material pales in comparison to some stuff I made back in the day, with minimal musical knowledge, an old hardware rompler, all audio-cables, without MIDI. It's hard to point out that feeling that's missing, maybe it's the effect of incorporating MIDI and the workflow becoming more routine than a musically explorational trip. However recently, I feel like I might be getting back there.

But then there's always GAS.

I think the thing that may be missing is youth.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I think GAS is a state which keeps the dream alive for people who aren't very good at making music.

Raddler1 wrote:people who aren't very good at making music.
Yeah, GAS is for those of us who are better at making money :P :D

Raddler1 wrote:I think GAS is a state which keeps the dream alive for people who aren't very good at making music.
It's an expensive excuse (to make up for a lack of x,y,z) basically but it keeps the industry going :ud: It's all in balance somehow...
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:
Raddler1 wrote:I think GAS is a state which keeps the dream alive for people who aren't very good at making music.
It's an expensive excuse (to make up for a lack of x,y,z)
In the long run it's less expensive than buying other peoples records ;)

I spent a shitload of money yesterday. The fame of those two synths better be substantiated.

So what did you buy :?:

Return to “Instruments”