Ambient Swells (multisampled guitar chords-instrument- Kontakt/Sfz)

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just released new sample library after months of work. Most of the mappings are little unorthodox. Now I know why most sample developers just usually provide keyswitch patches but I made patches in every major and minor key so user doesn't even need any musical knowledge, just have to play any combination with white keyboard keys. Easy for end user but was au contraire for creator :) "Normal" patches are also there (keyswitch, all minor/major/diminished). Anyway Im glad I finished, its a little bit experimental library-instrument where user has sounds processed with volume pedal but not with effects which makes final ambient swells sound, thats left to user so he/she has more freedom and can use over and over this instrument. There are no loops, this is an instrument so another freedom for some who like that is there.

Currently there is an intro price (first few weeks) 20% off (£7.99 and after that £9.99)
Now more details:
Ambient Swells instrument is sampled guitar swelling chords. Triads second inversions exactly in all triad chord combinations (maj./min./dim.).
When playing guitar no matter how you try to produce same sound by striking same chord and riding volume pedal by foot at same time its not gonna sound the same nor will this instrument too thanks to 3 velocity layers and 6 round robins in each velocity layer (for more organic feel).
There is separate already mapped instrument patches for every major and minor key and additional: All Diminished / All Major / All Minor / All KEYSWITCH.
To use it no musical background is needed, just choose key of the song, for example A minor, and play any combination of white notes in instrument range.

This instrument is good for adding ambient backgrounds for any kind of composition be it for video, game or music.
Can be used for making backing tracks for ambient guitar players too. Swells are more emotive and organic than pads made by synthesizers.
Due to making this instrument clean and by sampling individual chords instead of making production ready loops The Ambient Swells can be used over and over in audio production unlike other looped libraries with same theme. User has more freedom to shape his own sounds by using different kind of effects.

There is more information in the included manual.

Contains:
-Kontakt patches (with gui and switchable onboard effects, requires minimum Kontakt full version 5.4.1 and up),
-sfz patches (everything the same mapped except no gui and onboard effects)
and unlocked wav samples (not loops).
Note: there is also Zampler-RX fxb bank, bank is totally experimental, I guess Zampler doesn't support advanced optocodes from sfz. I left bank there (occupies only 1,5 Mb) because maybe someday Synapse Audio will update it and until then Zampler bank can only be used for experimental sound design purpose

Note: this isn't "normal" guitar sample library, its rather starting point for sound design where user dictates in which direction sound will go.
Please try the free demo which has the following limitations:
-Only 1 patch (full has patches in all keys mapped to every major and minor scale),
-1 velocity layer (3 in full),
-3 round robin samples (6 in full for each velocity layer)

Video preview where all effects/notes etc can be seen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE709NKijEI

Same but just audio:
https://soundcloud.com/boyssound-e-scap ... ontakt-sfz

Instrument is here and also free demo in A minor (demo has same license as full-can be used in any kind of project):
http://www.sampleism.com/boyss-sound-e- ... ent-swells
Sorry for long message, wanted to explain as much as I can. If there are any questions please feel free to ask

Congrats on the new release. Nice demo too. Thanks! Will definitely be a part of my Kontakt arsenal.

Bought your 'Dark Designs: CAGE' a while back and still find it to be inspirational.

Keep up the good work! ;)

Thanks! Comments like that means a lot!

Sounds good !
Bought & downloading right now.

Nice library. I'm into Seefeel and Simon Scott, so you can easily understand why I like this. 10 on 10.

Thanks for nice comments!
To tell the truth I also needed this, to add after my live ambient guitar improvisation or the other way- to serve as background track

For any new users: you can download for free patch in A minor to test library (there isn't restriction in usage, same license). Sampleism account is required which can easily be made like on any forum etc and you'll gain access to a lot of good free samples/libraries etc from various developers

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”