reFX Vanguard 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vanguard

vanguard and my banks are still in my download section. Check again, the website has been updated. I just about had heart failure when i read this and checked straight away and all is there.

I'm glad I bought Vanguard when I did. It's an easy to please synth. It has some classic sounds, specially the gates/arps that seem to have been on a ton of music over the past years. Hopefully a V2 comes out somewhere down the road, but I think I have quite enough synths to cover it :x

TheoM wrote:vanguard and my banks are still in my download section. Check again, the website has been updated. I just about had heart failure when i read this and checked straight away and all is there.
No, can't see it. I can find most (there are some discontinued again!) of my nexus expansions and a few sample packs. No vanguard. Maybe they're going to update your account soon as well :wink:

frizzbee wrote:
TheoM wrote:vanguard and my banks are still in my download section. Check again, the website has been updated. I just about had heart failure when i read this and checked straight away and all is there.
No, can't see it. I can find most (there are some discontinued again!) of my nexus expansions and a few sample packs. No vanguard. Maybe they're going to update your account soon as well :wink:
Everything's there when you login with your credentials. Click on "Guest" (upper right corner), then log in. If you don't see anything, maybe your Vanguard is registered to another email. Or there is something else wrong. Get in touch with reFX.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Check the message from an asian user. He demand where Vanguard 2 is?
Answer yesterday: Unfortunately, Vanguard has been discontinued so we can focus our efforts on Nexus. Sorry frown emoticon
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

haha 'unfortunate' ... what is 'unfortunate' is dangling the carrot in front of our faces for over a year then unceremoniously canceling it.

frizzbee wrote:They not just discontinued the product, they made it disappear. I can't even download the installer for my purchased software. WITHOUT ANY WARNING.
Did you log into the new reFX site and check your Downloads? Vanguard's still there for me.

EDIT: Ah I see others have already covered this. Yeah, if you're a Vanguard owner and you can't see it under Downloads while logged in, submit a support ticket.

ALSO: I had this problem a couple of times with reFX purchases, just in case this may have happened to you unwittingly... when I first created an account at reFX.com I was using a different email provider. Even though I always made purchases while logged on to the site, the reFX.com site wasn't really integrated with their payment provider, so they would ask for your email address when you were buying stuff. Two times I entered my new email address instead of the one that my refx account was under, and both times the products I bought ended up getting registered to a separate refx.com account (a new refx.com account was automatically created using the new email). It was a surprise because I had initiated the transactions from refx.com, where I was already logged in with the old email address credentials. I eventually contacted support about it, and they merged all my products under the newer email. Anyway, if you've ever changed email addresses/providers since you've been a customer, might wanna check and see if you've got refx products registered under more than one account.

Hi all,

I'm a bit miffed. Before I bought Vanguard I submitted a presales ticket and they said Vanguard 2 was definitely out soon as it'd already been worked on etc and on that information I purchased Vanguard. Pretty disappointed that they'd mislead their paying customers. I was actually going to purchase Nexus 2 for my kit but after this I think I'll look for another company to give my money to.

So no Vanguard 2? After some years waiting? Mhmm not nice...

If you compare it to nowadays synths, it will be obviously that Vanguard sounds quite ugly. It's time to move on :)

Hanz Meyzer wrote:If you compare it to nowadays synths, it will be obviously that Vanguard sounds quite ugly. It's time to move on :)

No way, that synth has a character of it's own. Nothing ugly about it.....and I've tried them all.

I was interested in Vanguard 2 before got Serum... Which was in February I think. :ud:

Nothing there to see, it seems.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

This f**king sucks, I'll be putting my money towards Serum then.

People keep mentioning Serum versus Vanguard, but those are very different synths (wavetable vs. subtractive). I do agree that Vanguard's been surpassed by newer synths, but Hive, Spire, DUNE, even LuSH-101 are better modern alternatives for what Vanguard does than Serum. Sylenth1 and Diva have been around for years, but they're still supported and appropriate alternatives as well.

Serum is great, though!

ReFX Quadrasid and ReFX Vanguard are abandonware now
No longer available
Now you can't adquire a license for use them :(
R.I.P

Return to “Instruments”