Your fav beat maker plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Microtonic and Tattoo usually meet my needs.

FXpansion Geist, it's the best I've used so far for sampling and using samples. (imo).

Real drums I would have Said Superior Drummer 2 all the way, but I'm not so sure now, since I've been using FXpansion BFD 3 - which is class.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I use FXpansion Geist and Battery and I just love them. I also tried a demo of phalanx by vengeance but it was full of bugs and very cpu unfriendly. And it's neither a real asynth, nor a good sampler, you can't even slice up loops. The breaktweaker plugin is nice to create experimental sounds. But you need to learn how to use it.

Just sharing options. This one's new, "Mogul". It's more of a rompler but it does seem to have some modern sounds in it and is considered a beat maker plug in. They also have another version named "Platinum code" with the same interface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1 ... l=84359240

I have to say that, after being put off by the upgrade price, Addictive Drums 2 has won me over. There are some serious tools available in this thing to really get going quickly with just about any kind of beat.

Also Groove Agent 4 in Cubase 8 (using the Beatmaker MIDI plug).
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Geist !

Battery 4 works great for my needs. It has most of the essential tweaking stuff built in and more combined with flexible routing capabilities.

I really do need to make a customized personal library for it though :clown:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

If I got Battery 3, do I need Geist?

Can these plugs be compared?

I haven't really got into Battery 3 yet, it came with Komplete 8 that I bought mostly for getting Kontakt.

Battery and Maschine for electronic drums. Superior Drummer 2 for acoustic drums.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Numanoid wrote:If I got Battery 3, do I need Geist?

Can these plugs be compared?

I haven't really got into Battery 3 yet, it came with Komplete 8 that I bought mostly for getting Kontakt.
Bat 3 and Geist are two very different animals. Battery (all versions) is probably the premier software for creating custom drums and kits. The INCLUDED kits are over 100 and include just about every type of genre you can think of. Tweaking and creating are a breeze with the impressive array of tools. There is, however, no sequencer, though you can trigger samples of any length, as well as easily slice any sample. But you know that because you own it.

Geist is not really a drum creation tool with the depth of Battery. What it does excel at is sequencing and arranging beats. You can create amazing sequences, and trigger up to 8 at a time with the independent on-board engines. It also comes with a large selection of kits which, if you get a good beat going, you can instantly swap out for another kit for a completely different vibe. A very fun and useful tool indeed.

-B
Berfab

Spark with the controler SparkLE :love: :love:

the things who kill NI Battery 4 is the fact it don't have internal sequencer.

BERFAB wrote:Bat 3 and Geist are two very different animals.
Thanks for the info :tu:

More choice soon
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

BERFAB wrote:Geist is not really a drum creation tool with the depth of Battery
It has 8 layers per pad, with effects on each layer, each pad, and each engine.

What depth does Battery have that Geist doesn't?

padillac wrote:
BERFAB wrote:Geist is not really a drum creation tool with the depth of Battery
It has 8 layers per pad, with effects on each layer, each pad, and each engine.

What depth does Battery have that Geist doesn't?
Your point is a good one. And, in fact, the actual difference may just come down to personal work flow. However, Battery's main strength, IMHO, is the ability to get into each individual kit piece sample to tweak a number of parameters with a precision that Geist doesn't allow. In addition, the quality of the included sample material (for individual kit pieces) is far superior to that of Geist which, IIRC, concentrates more on loops and extracted hits.

I like 'em both, and I'll be the first to admit that my knowledge of the actual technical specs of each may be off the mark. But I have used them extensively for years, and this is the impression that I'm left with.

I should add that neither of these has been in my "go-to" rotation for quite a while. For some time now, I alternate between Groove Agent 4 (with 4 independent engines it mimics some of Geist's ability, but with much better included sample content) and Addictive Drums 2.

Cheers
-B
Berfab

Return to “Instruments”