Diva vs Analogue - a real world test

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

KingTuck wrote:
Urs wrote:
fmr wrote:Now, that being said, please take care of Zebra 3.0 before anything else. I think it should be your no. 1 priority.
It has pretty much become that. We just need to fix one more bug in current Hive beta, before we can hopefully do our large maintenance update. From then on it's all Z3 for me. I'm very excited to finally work on some concepts to share with you 8)
Can I ask what that means for VST3? Is that being handled by someone else at u-he while you work on Zebra 3? I'm all for Z3 > VST3, I'm just wondering.

As a TDZ owner I am endlessly excited for my eventual free upgrade to Zebra 3. :D
Yep, VST3 is up there too. I prefer to work on a few projects in parallel, task by task, like I worked on UI issues and voice handling during the past weeks. Our workflow kind of dictates that, such that once a result is ready for testing I submit it to QA and the I wait for them to respond. In the meantime I do something else, and I enjoy breaks in projects to clear my head.

But I also bundle different projects in things that are related. As we'll have a new developer starting on October, I might combine that with VST3 work to teach him and others about host <-> plug-in communication. I've also planned a filter design kitchen with them, the result of which may be a certain filter I have planned for Z3 but also possibly a new Diva model.

Actually, can't wait to get into all this… just need to fix another stupid bug tomorrow. Sigh.

hakey wrote:
Frantz wrote:AD is like a circuit modeling chatbot
AD fails the Turing Test. :wink:
So once again I soundly defeat your argument and you turn around and launch a personal attack rather than admit you were wrong.

Slow clap.

You can value people capable of manipulating others (you've made an attempt to do so yourself) and disparage people capable of actually making valid arguments and solving real problems if you like.

You reap what you sow.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

aciddose wrote:
hakey wrote:
Frantz wrote:AD is like a circuit modeling chatbot
AD fails the Turing Test. :wink:
So once again I soundly defeat your argument and you turn around and launch a personal attack rather than admit you were wrong.

Slow clap.

You can value people capable of manipulating others (you've made an attempt to do so yourself) and disparage people capable of actually making valid arguments and solving real problems if you like.

You reap what you sow.
I see someone wants to continue lecturing us poor begotten souls :help: :cry: :hyper: :hyper: :party:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

hakey wrote:AD fails the Turing Test. :wink:
AD is the Turing Test, mate.

Same principle as the post structuralism generator:

http://www.elsewhere.org/pomo/

"But don't be shy. It's OK. Machines need love too so talk to it."

Quote: Sarah Conner's answering machine.

aciddose wrote:So once again I soundly defeat your argument and you turn around and launch a personal attack rather than admit you were wrong.
That was an observation, not a personal attack.

Just like when you repeatedly called the OP stupid and moronic.

zerocrossing wrote:
analoguesamples909 wrote:oh good its still alive...Im hoping to make some more audio when I return to the studio...anyone have a Diva sound they would like me to match? Has to be Roland 2 VCO or Moog Osc, Uhbie / Roland 24db filter...reasonable modulations (no X mod)...
You should put a link to your preset banks up on the original post.
sadly I cannot edit...I thought I should try to separate the test and the bank a bit by having a seperate theread in the soundware forum....

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&t=444725
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

OK so i missed the last ~10 pages.
Was the mystery of the broken saw slope solved ?
Or did everyone just ignore it because it was easier to ignore it ?
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:OK so i missed the last ~10 pages.
It was solved, but you didn't accept the solution :clown:

Urs i noticed you can't be pm'd, is there an email i can contact you personally on that only you will read? I want to sort something out. Cheers mate. Good results for diva in this test.

TheoM wrote:Urs i noticed you can't be pm'd, is there an email i can contact you personally on that only you will read?
Unfortunately not.

Best way to get something to me is to send an email to support at u-he dot com

(btw. the majority of PMs have been related to my business. So I have to store them for 10 years. Which makes the number of PMs exceed my allowance on forums within a few days - hence no PMs).

Urs wrote:
If you mean your "left of the saw, then inverted" example, then it was disqualified by the OP saying that it was just saw and by him not saying anything about inverting the wave and by your wave looking nothing like in his clip.

I asked a simple question and got no true answer.
All the OP needs to do is name the patch so some 3rd party can confirm that it produces that shape without any effects.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Urs wrote:
:D
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

I must tell you, that although I am most definitely not siding with Mutant, I do find it odd that you can't simply name the patch as he has asked at least twice and you responded to just below his most recent time.
rsp
sound sculptist

Mutant wrote:
Urs wrote:
If you mean your "left of the saw, then inverted" example, then it was disqualified by the OP saying that it was just saw and by him not saying anything about inverting the wave and by your wave looking nothing like in his clip.

I asked a simple question and got no true answer.
All the OP needs to do is name the patch so some 3rd party can confirm that it produces that shape without any effects.
Well, I showed two ways to create a similar waveform in Diva. While I have not had the time to dial in exactly the same setting, figure out whatever else is in the signal flow, render to .wav and search for exactly the same moment of beating between two oscillators, I think it should be clear enough that there's more to Diva than just "perfect looking sawtooth waveforms". Therefore one can't base a silly witch hunt on "Diva's sawtooth doesn't look like this, it can't be Diva, hence the OP is a liar unless he proves otherwise".

While I'm not a lawyer, I'm pretty sure that it's usually the one who makes the accusation who needs to produce a proof. It might be difficult in this case, which is why understand your demand of a proof from the other side, which is why I tried to help out. I was actually intrigued by the findings and wanted to know myself. So I spent an hour on this. It's frustrating that this courtesy is met with neglect, but d'oh - that's the internet.

Return to “Instruments”