AAS Strum GS-2 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

With its picks, bows, hammers, fingers, frets, dampers, and soundboards, it is a unique blend of acoustic modeling and regular synth-control features—you won’t believe how crazy you can go with a simple string.
Sorta like Image Lines Sakura
I've just play 5 minutes with String Studio VS-2 i love it really much , i had sakura in the past and i never love it too much , it was really buggy it was crashing my cubase 5 essential everytime i use it and i remember i don't love a lot the sound it does , but i feel really in love with String Studio VS-2...
thx fluffy_little_something to make me discover it !

A lot for 39 bucks sound great in my songs. Never been a fan of PM but this sounds good

hivkorn wrote:
With its picks, bows, hammers, fingers, frets, dampers, and soundboards, it is a unique blend of acoustic modeling and regular synth-control features—you won’t believe how crazy you can go with a simple string.
Sorta like Image Lines Sakura
I've just play 5 minutes with String Studio VS-2 i love it really much , i had sakura in the past and i never love it too much , it was really buggy it was crashing my cubase 5 essential everytime i use it and i remember i don't love a lot the sound it does , but i feel really in love with String Studio VS-2...
thx fluffy_little_something to make me discover it !
Sorry U didn't like Sakura....oh well U have SS V2........anyway I was just referring to the modeling of a string.
"Everything we hear is an opinion,not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective,not the truth." _ Marcus Aurelius

Just did a minimalist pattern, just three tracks, one of which a String Studio guitar, which sounds pleasant in the mix, better than any of my Sylenth guitar patches, but Sylenth was good enough for the lead 8)

https://app.box.com/s/2gjhv9vgrjo97tph4p5d2v4b5gcvwqoz

I just love AAS instruments. Chromaphone, String Studio, Strum, Virtual Analog and Lounge Lizard are all top notch because they're modeled and allow you to play around like on a real instruments. In fact, that's how they feel like: real instruments, yet often otherworldly.

Indeed, they sound very natural, must have been a lot of work to program all those tiny details emulating real noise such as frets etc.
I have just been playing around with some of the preset basses in String Studio, now there is a synth that has bottom :D

Discovered something odd in String Studio: when I go down to the lowest 1.5 octaves or so, the pitch interval gets lost and the sounds are weird, shorter and more percussive. I am not sure, yet, whether that is intentional or a bug, though. Since the sound changes arbitrarily, I assume it is not intended.

It's a common characteristic of certain physical modelling instruments that some patches are not playable over more than a limited range.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Ah, OK, didn't know that :)
Does it also happen with normal synths? I know two synths where something similar happens, namely below a certain note the pitch increases again as I go further down on the keyboard.

I can't recall having come across a 'normal' (what's that, after all? non-physical modelling?) synth that behaves 'irrationally' in that way. But perhaps there are?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Yes, non-modeling, I suppose.
SuperWave's Tarkus and Sirius display odd behavior as well.

MISTAKE :oops:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:That's a symptom of aliasing.
I don't know if aliasing can be that strong, it sounds like there is simply something wrong with the oscillator pitch...

Return to “Instruments”