Alchemy available in logic now

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Logic Pro

egbert wrote:Didn't yo mamma tell you not to talk with your mouth full?
I would answer your question if it actually made any sense.

+1 :D

Could anybody who has both Logic X and MainStage and who has run the IAC/Soundflower solution to another DAW, ideally Live 9, report on performance/cpu.

Is MainStage (which I don't have) more efficient than Logic (which I do)? Any difference in latency?

Cheers.

Dostoyevsky wrote:I've only skimmed through this and other threads, so it might have been answered somewhere. Still, can anybody please confirm? Thanks.

What are the differences, if any, between Alchemy in Mainstage 3 and Logic X? Amount of presets/samples seem to be the same. Some other restrictions?

I know I just can take the recommended path of syncing Mainstage with Ableton Live by means of Soundflower, i.e. I send MIDI and route the audio back to my DAW of choice. But frankly, I cannot believe getting my hands on the full Alchemy for less than $30. There must be a catch.
There is no catch. They are exactly the same. You get all the Logic plugin effects in MainStage, and the entire content library.

I'm trying to figure out why I cannot see .sfz files in Alchemy in Logic. I downloaded a library of samples that had several sfz files. Copied them into the Alchamey Samples folder but they don't show up in Alchemy? Is there another place to put them? The samples do appear in the source import browser. Thanks.

jsd wrote:There is no catch.
Quite true.
The "catch" is that Apple makes most profit from people buying into their hardware & services system, thus create incentives such as $30 Mainstage to enter and stay in it.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

LawrenceF wrote:
Well, Lawrie, you're Johhny-on-the-spot when it comes to your oral cavity. Do you happen to recall how, with what or by whom, it was occupied when you typed that fatuous piece of crap that you posted? :P

It seemed to some of us that it was full of something.

ontrackp wrote:I'm trying to figure out why I cannot see .sfz files in Alchemy in Logic. I downloaded a library of samples that had several sfz files. Copied them into the Alchamey Samples folder but they don't show up in Alchemy? Is there another place to put them? The samples do appear in the source import browser. Thanks.
That's where they should be, Alchemy is not a simple sfz player, it uses sfz and other sample formats as soundsources to build much more complex patches from. So what shows in its main browser are the complete patches, samples show in the source browser.

egbert wrote:
LawrenceF wrote:
Well, Lawrie, you're Johhny-on-the-spot when it comes to your oral cavity. Do you happen to recall how, with what or by whom, it was occupied when you typed that fatuous piece of crap that you posted? :P

It seemed to some of us that it was full of something.
:? :?

What are you on his case about? :dog: Not to mention you seem to be heading for interpersonal bickerfesting here....sheeesh :help:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

^Yeah, what he said. That's probably enough of that sort of thing. Please.
No longer a moderator.

aMUSEd wrote:
ontrackp wrote:I'm trying to figure out why I cannot see .sfz files in Alchemy in Logic. I downloaded a library of samples that had several sfz files. Copied them into the Alchamey Samples folder but they don't show up in Alchemy? Is there another place to put them? The samples do appear in the source import browser. Thanks.
That's where they should be, Alchemy is not a simple sfz player, it uses sfz and other sample formats as soundsources to build much more complex patches from. So what shows in its main browser are the complete patches, samples show in the source browser.
Thanks. I understand the architecture of Alchemy. The problem is that in the source import browser, there should be the option of loading the sfz file into the sample player as a source for A, B, C or D instead of a single or a group of samples. The sfz files don't appear. Are you suggested the sfz files would show up in the patch browser instead of the source import browser? In that case should they be stored someplace other than with the samples? Thanks.

I'm sorry, I thought you were saying you could see the samples in the import browser, just not the main one (which isn't supposed to show them). Anyway I'm afraid sfz seems to have been replaced by exs as the supported multisample format (you would think they could support both - oh well Apple). If you click on Sampler instruments in the browser you can see and import your exs files (or simply drag them onto the slot from finder - easier actually). I'm sure there must be sfz to exs conversion tools somewhere though, they are both pretty straightforward standards (unlike nki for example) - or just drag the wavs into the sample editor and create an exs from them.

Thanks. I appreciate the advice!

T-CM11 wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:Those competitors are...?
NEC, for example...
http://www.necdisplay.com/p/desktop-mon ... a244uhd-bk
Interesting. I used to to buy only NEC displays back in the day until they got shitty (CRT). Does this display require two cables to drive it at full resolution or just one? How does it perform on Macs? Does it behave properly with system sleep modes? How about its performance at high PPI with scaled GUI? What PPI is this screen? Specs done seem to list it, but I didn't spend a long time on that site because it's uncomfortable to look at on iPhone 4.
Last edited by Jace-BeOS on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Get a proper phone then - I recommend Samsung...

:hihi: sorry, but you asked for it. :razz:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”