Recommend good saturation plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Waveshapers do saturation effect well. Melda freeware bundle have a good one.

DJ Warmonger wrote:ABleton Saturator has this feature and I actually used it till now, but it sounds pretty harsh.
Abeton Saturator can so soft too. It can purr and crash. From all paid saturation plugins i use, including ones mentioned in this thread, the Live one gets the job done 90% of the times.

Back to tape, uad apex is my goto.

delete
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

DJ Warmonger wrote:
Ferric TDS
I just tried it. Another one VoS' plugins which has almost inaudible effect.
You do realise you are posting at KVR right ?
Everytime you post at KVR bootsy plugins get better, and when you disrespect somebody for pointing out that his plugins are not actually that great, his plugins get even better haha.
Oh wait there isn't enough room in this post for me to haha enough times at people having opinions that are not the same as others here on KVR.
Duh

AcquaVox by Acoustica Audio
FerricTDS by Variety Of Sound
HeadCrusher Free by Audio Assault
PhreePhuzz by LVC-Audio
Retroband by Michael Kingston
Saturation Knob by Softube
SGA1566 by Shattered Glass Audio
Tube Amp by Voxengo
TubeDriver by Nick Crow
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Also, if i may use the "C" word in this forum, CamelCrusher.

Although it's a filter plugin technically (although with a lot, and I mean A LOT of other possibilities) I would recommend Cytomic The Drop for saturation. A filter frequencies can be shifted so there's no audible top or low end loss and the simulated filter circuits overdrive gracefully. It's my primary drive/saturation plugin now.

zeep wrote:Also, if i may use the "C" word in this forum, CamelCrusher.
AKA "AppleMasher" :hihi:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Britson Channel in Output Compensation mode sounds pretty damn sweet to me. Warm and full.

Fabfilter Saturn - pretty great and very deep, but I ended up not using it in mixes because it was always the one channel going "HHHSSSSSSSSSSSSS" by the end of a mix session... so I found myself disabling it most of the time.

CamelPhat - this is the one that I come back to again and again. So sad that CamelAudio is no more. It really does a great job for parallel saturation/fuzz/whatever.

Nomad Factory Magnetic - obviously it's a "tape" plugin, but it gives good saturation, regardless of what you think about it's "tape" abilites...

Massey Tapehead - another "tape" thing, but does lovely things at the end of an FX chain. Dull/normal/bright settings, and nice drive/output dials.

SGA 1566 Preamp - awesome preamp. Shame it eats half your CPU in one go!

TAL Tube Driver - easy, does the job.

Guess I'd better give the VoS plugins another go. It's been six years since I've tried them. I've learned a lot since then.

DJ Warmonger wrote:
Ferric TDS
I can not see the brush strokes on this allegedly great painting !!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

all of the tape spirit :)

http://www.u-he.com/cms/satin

kukla wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:
Ferric TDS
I can not see the brush strokes on this allegedly great painting !!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:
In all fairness to the quoted user, it depends on what sounds you are applying the effect to, no? At least with compression it can really make a different what sound you're applying it to. I really know next to nothing about tape saturation though.

arkmabat wrote: In all fairness to the quoted user, it depends on what sounds you are applying the effect to, no? At least with compression it can really make a different what sound you're applying it to. I really know next to nothing about tape saturation though.
Yes it depends on the sounds, I agree with that. That's why I did not use a stick man as an illustration.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”