Camel Audio Alchemy is gone forever. Now what?!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

KForte90 wrote:I still demand Alchemy back on Windows! Either that or I demand something that does EVERY SINGLE THING Alchemy does AND MORE!!
Have you tried......Omnisphere? :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Let's create a crowd-funding campaign for the development of a plug-in that has similar capabilities to Alchemy and is cross-platform :D

We need a developer who is willing to take our money first :)

trimph1 wrote:
KForte90 wrote:I still demand Alchemy back on Windows! Either that or I demand something that does EVERY SINGLE THING Alchemy does AND MORE!!
Have you tried......Omnisphere? :hihi:
Pretty much. I own both. I kept Alchemy for memory sake and for opening older projects, if I ever decided to. I don't miss Alchemy much at all to be honest. Omnisphere has so much content and possibilities, especially Omnisphere 2. There's few sounds in Alchemy that I can't find a suitable replacement for in Omnisphere. And even if not, I guess I could just find the .wav in the Alchemy files or record it to .wav and load it into Omnisphere 2. Omnisphere absolutely poops on Alchemy when it comes to acoustic/hybrid instruments, vocals, hits, effects, and electronic/EDM sounds, IMO. Wait, what can Alchemy do better than Omnisphere... I guess that's the question...

cocoazenith wrote:Let's create a crowd-funding campaign for the development of a plug-in that has similar capabilities to Alchemy and is cross-platform :D

We need a developer who is willing to take our money first :)
Great idea.

Do you know any devs that are PC only. :D
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

For me it is Omnisphere 2, Halion, Padshop Pro, Kontakt, Reaktor, and possibly CRX4.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote:For me it is Omnisphere 2, Halion, Padshop Pro, Kontakt, Reaktor, and possibly CRX4.
CRX4 looks pretty but has no "random preset generation" feature.

Also, Alchemy's preset generation was more "smart" than just assigning random values to all the controls. It had "randomization templates." This is a feature almost NO OTHER SOFTWARE SYNTH HAS!! Not even Omnisphere has that kind of procedural generation... I think....

I need random preset generation... for inspiration's sake, that's why! Also I cannot be bothered to learn the function of every control and even remember on a dime what each one does.

KForte90 wrote:
CRX4 looks pretty but has no "random preset generation" feature.

Also, Alchemy's preset generation was more "smart" than just assigning random values to all the controls. It had "randomization templates." This is a feature almost NO OTHER SOFTWARE SYNTH HAS!! Not even Omnisphere has that kind of procedural generation... I think....

I need random preset generation... for inspiration's sake, that's why! Also I cannot be bothered to learn the function of every control and even remember on a dime what each one does.

Thanks for pointing out that 'random' feature on Alchemy... Never really used it before... Sure is intelligent..
Nice..

All My Alchemy 1.5 is missing is 'Omni2 Sound Lock™' .... :pray:

I miss the old alchemy thread.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I'm just curious what will become of Camel Phat & Camel Space?

Those will probably also be retouched and integrated into Logic Pro X.

DJMaytag wrote:I'm just curious what will become of Camel Phat & Camel Space?
Camel Phat went on a diet and is now anorexic.

Camel Space had serious issues and got in trouble for acting out and is now doing time.

I actually considered buying a new motherboard and CPU, and building a Hackintosh yesterday :P

I would get Metasynth too, something I´ve been drooling over for years.

But hey, right now I´m unemployed and a student, I bought Synthmaster just today, I think that will keep me busy for some time. Judging by the specs and the reviews, that thing seems quite amazing. I´m also in some pain because of all my hardware and how that is always something I need to consider when renting houses, so in a way I´m getting interested in just ditching it all, and seeing how deep the rabbit hole goes with only software.

I also enjoy how the two first posts in the thread were actually the ones with the most useful info, but I think that´s just the internet and peoples´office jobs with too many breaks...

Camelphat is in Logic. I'm certain I never bought it but it's there.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

werp wrote:Camelphat is in Logic. I'm certain I never bought it but it's there.
Simple way to check if it is a Logic plugin is to temp remove any au versions - I just did that and CamelPhat and CamelSpace no longer show up in Logic so I don't think they are integrated into Logic yet, although I suspect they may do so in future. Also I would have thought they would at least change the name and gui to remove the Camel branding and integrate them into the Logic look, and ideally update them too (which is why they probably didn't make this update). Maybe you have lost track of what you bought?

aMUSEd wrote:
werp wrote:Camelphat is in Logic. I'm certain I never bought it but it's there.
Simple way to check if it is a Logic plugin is to temp remove any au versions - I just did that and CamelPhat and CamelSpace no longer show up in Logic so I don't think they are integrated into Logic yet, although I suspect they may do so in future. Also I would have thought they would at least change the name and gui to remove the Camel branding, and ideally update them too (which is why they probably didn't make this update). Maybe you have lost track of what you bought?
That's always possible :roll:
I'll check but I really don't recall having anything to do with camelphat
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Return to “Instruments”