AIR Instruments Hybrid 3 - WOW! Why isn't vsti talked about more?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hybrid 3

Sound in 1080p :P

EvilDragon wrote:Sound in 1080p :P
:lol:
That is FHD so maybe they meant 720p :hihi:

Anyway, HD or not! I like Hybrid 3 a lot for soft pads (and here I've talked about it more!)

Hybrid 3 does have a super detailed high end. The sound quality is very impressive. I wish there were a few more routing options, but yeah, Hybrid is very good at those soft pillowy ambient pads ala Chuck Wild of Liquid Mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0xxaXxXBW8

So, I just picked this up via the Plugin Boutique deal that's ending in a couple days. I don't see a way of registering it at AIRMusicTech's site. Maybe this is something I don't need to do? Though I wouldn't mind upgrading to the full pack at some point. Hybrid 3 seems like a lot of fun, but now I'm also interested in checking out Loom and Vacuum. :)

Downloading and authorizing to my iLok was super easy, but this is the part that I'm having trouble with, lol. :dog:

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thank you, Teksonik!

I swear, I wasn't seeing that page or a link to it.

Sequent wrote: Hybrid 3 seems like a lot of fun, but now I'm also interested in checking out Loom and Vacuum. :)
Loom and Vacuum Pro are great and top synths. The nice thing that those 3 complement each other in a very nice way as every one of them cover a different area. Loom and Vacuum Pro use more cpu than Hybrid 3 though, but still not that much.

The fourth instrument in their AIEP that I like a lot is Transfuser. A wonderful beats maker and can make a perfect companion to Hybrid 3 :)

Thank you all for your support. Registration is optional but speeds up the support/upgrade process in the future.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Thank you for checking in! The title of this thread does say it all; it's a great instrument and I've been having a lot of fun with it! :tu:

I wanted to register and have also signed up for emails as well as on FB so that I'll be sure not to miss anything in case there are any updates, etc.

Fwiw, I've noticed that Plugin Boutique also lists the upgrade to AIEP in their shop. Per what EnGee and others have been saying, I'm looking forward to checking out some of the other instruments soon.

Yes - I picked up Hybrid 3 for $49 a few months back in a sale.

Some of its preset pads are incredible.
To my ears it has a really clean/high-end type sound.

It's sort of the opposite of Z3ta+2, which always sounds pretty grungy/low-end to me..

In terms of budget power synths I think only Synthmaster can get anywhere near offering that kind of value for around $50.
Sonar Platinum, Ignite and Ableton Live 9 DAWS
AIR Hybrid 3, Synthmaster, Z3ta+2, Addictive Drums 2, True Piano Amber, Rapture, Dim Pro, BFD Eco, AAS Strum, Addictive Keys, Synth 1 VSTs
Nektar LX61, Korg MicroKey and Akai Pro LPD8 Pad

It does sound good but the preset system is a pain in the ass - makes it very hard to find the best sounds.

recently got this synth as part of the TriggerFinger Pro package and I just love it

HUGE sound with tons of presets to fiddle with and re-engineer - PHAT

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Yes I love the sound of Hybrid 3. Great fun to create patches on as well.

Has anyone been able to import a User Midi File into the Arp/Seq ? I can get them to import but the files are not recalled in the saved patch. I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread and have sent the issue to Air support.

Can someone try it please and see if it works for you ? :)

EDIT: Just tried it again and the Midi File will import as a Phrase and plays just fine but is not recalled when the patch is saved and reloaded..........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Nobody ? Pretty simple test. Create a one bar Midi File, Import it into Hybrid's Arp/Seq as a Phrase, make sure it plays fine, save the patch, reload it and see if the Phrase is remembered in the patch. Here it is not...... :shrug:

Teksonik wrote:Nobody ? Pretty simple test. Create a one bar Midi File, Import it into Hybrid's Arp/Seq as a Phrase, make sure it plays fine, save the patch, reload it and see if the Phrase is remembered in the patch. Here it is not...... :shrug:
I already reported this bug months ago and it has been logged in their database. No fix yet as far as I know.

Return to “Instruments”