Alchemy available in logic now

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Logic Pro

Cinebient wrote:This thing is so awesome for FX, transitions, hits and risers thanks to the convolution reverb (with reverse), the FX slots for each sound source and more...
It has it downsides like the crappy edition mode in additive and spectral (also sound not that good here) and a few other things Alchemy can´t do but it raises up to my new number 1 synth since i using it more and more.
Indeed, i don´t work for Apple! I just like this synth!
I am in the same boat with you. This thing is really cool!!! :party:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I've been watching the MPV tutorial just released for Alchemy. Now, I am primarily a guitarist with a only a bit of knowledge about synthesis, synthesizers, etc. The possibilities seem pretty infinite, and that, imo, can be a problem when it comes to actually getting some music written and recorded. Then again, there's lots of things available in various forms that can have the same effect. I guess all I am saying is, although there may come a day when I delve under the hood and start making my own patches, I will just be really happy if there are 100 or so pre-sets there that make me go WOW! and facilitate, rather than inhibit, my songwriting and recording.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

EDIT FIGURED IT OUT SORRY
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

Is there a trick to rezise it between 100 and 125% on a MacBook pro retina. I know i can hold and stretch it but it always snap back to 85% after that.... :?:
100% is too small for my eyes here for a non-retina UI!
Why no retina?? Damn.... every simple iPad synth´s UI is far beyhond this and has less power to drive graphics. Is it because you can use several instances on a desktop to not overclock graphics. I know i have trouble even on an i7 quadcore with some more complex UI´s in Logic like Kaleidoscope and Serum f.e. so that i had to close the UI´s.
That´s beyond me. So i really would like to use this synth on an iPad pro with real retina and multi-touch. That´s so much more comfortable and more fun to edit. Even better i would like to have an hybrid OSX-iOS... will never happen!
Apple should really extend the remote app a lot more. Polyphonic aftertouch support, polyphonic pitchbend. Scalable virtual keyboard or even ribbons or blades like the Nave have with midi learn.
This is of course possible still with different apps but a "native" thing would be great here too.
This takes some powerful synths 2 levels higher. Not everyone can afford a Haaken Continuum, Seaboard or Linnstrument etc. Even simple synths on my crappy iPad can sound so much more lively trough this compared to some bigger boys.
Animoog shows how expressive it can be compared to a normal keyboard. Maybe Apple could buy Moog next...... :clown:

tehlord wrote:Is it really Alchemy 2?
It is in this dimension. I heard there's one where Apple develops their own audio software, and the earth is invaded by red-nosed aliens from the planet Clown.

At least the tutorial you-tube videos from camel audio are still there.
I mean i heard Dan's voice in another product video some weeks ago :)
It's like hypnotic therapy!

T-CM11 wrote:
It is in this dimension. I heard there's one where Apple develops their own audio software, and the earth is invaded by red-nosed aliens from the planet Clown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYtBkR3pGVQ
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Now I wonder if they're launch CamelPhat and CamelSpace for Logic too...
That would be my other question (aside from "when the hell is the rest of Logic getting retina GUI updates??"). It would be nice, since I find CamelSpace to be quite unique and used it in some of my projects.
I won't be getting it (Windows user), but I am still interested in seeing what becomes of it, if anything. I contributed many times to the wishlist for version 2 and was an early closed beta tester on both. So I had big anticipation for version 2. It is too bad there won't be a version 2 on Windows. But at least it would be nice to see it live on in Macland.

WOW Alchemy is amazing.. Apple have really fine tuned a lot of the presets to be more useful IMO..

I am sitting here on a bass rhythm patch, just pressing a few different keys relevant to my song. Cool patch. Then i automate the morph pad, and W T F? It's like i can create builds, drops, bridges - all with one key - so much variation to keep the song interesting and saving so much tedious work.. Yeah yeah i know, be a better musician, but I really like this, especially when i am working on the laptop without a midi KB in front of me.

I am very very impressed apple. I hope next you can reduce cpu a bit (is alchemy optimised via intel instructions at all? - i wonder if it would increase perf).

OR - make it multi processor aware apple! It's your synth, it won't cause any issues, do it!

I am only saying this, as it's not a prob to have a couple of instance in a song. But what if i wanted to create an ENTIRE SONG out of just alchemy, and wanted to use like 32 instances? That would be an issue, even on the 2.8ghz retina quad.

There's always going to be cpu space outside of logic that it can't tap. Not a majority amount, but maybe 25-30% of the machine.. and that's real power.. i know this because if i slave mini host via midi, whatever logic can't use (i usually get around logic itself tapping 550% usable max of a 800% machine), just when i can't add a single more effect to logic, or even a mono exs sample - i can add more via mini host and it uses what logic isn't. This goes for ANY host - in fact it might be sensible, since mini host is so typically image line buggy - to invest in vep pro. Note this doesn't work via rewire because rewire uses the master daw's cpu. But two programs synced via midi? Sure.. actually i have to check whether VEP pro runs in it's own process, not sure about that.

Anyway, alchemy ROCKS, it might SUCK for sound designers as a couple have said, but it sure ROCKS for end players, i can tell you that!

Just optimise it more apple, please.

:)

BTW, this extra cpu can also be used by diva and lush with multi processor mode enabled on them.

TheoM wrote:WOW Alchemy is amazing.. Apple have really fine tuned a lot of the presets to be more useful IMO..

I am sitting here on a bass rhythm patch, just pressing a few different keys relevant to my song. Cool patch. Then i automate the morph pad, and W T F? It's like i can create builds, drops, bridges - all with one key - so much variation to keep the song interesting and saving so much tedious work.. Yeah yeah i know, be a better musician, but I really like this, especially when i am working on the laptop without a midi KB in front of me.

I am very very impressed apple. I hope next you can reduce cpu a bit (is alchemy optimised via intel instructions at all? - i wonder if it would increase perf).

OR - make it multi processor aware apple! It's your synth, it won't cause any issues, do it!

I am only saying this, as it's not a prob to have a couple of instance in a song. But what if i wanted to create an ENTIRE SONG out of just alchemy, and wanted to use like 32 instances? That would be an issue, even on the 2.8ghz retina quad.

There's always going to be cpu space outside of logic that it can't tap. Not a majority amount, but maybe 25-30% of the machine.. and that's real power.. i know this because if i slave mini host via midi, whatever logic can't use (i usually get around logic itself tapping 550% usable max of a 800% machine), just when i can't add a single more effect to logic, or even a mono exs sample - i can add more via mini host and it uses what logic isn't. This goes for ANY host - in fact it might be sensible, since mini host is so typically image line buggy - to invest in vep pro. Note this doesn't work via rewire because rewire uses the master daw's cpu. But two programs synced via midi? Sure.. actually i have to check whether VEP pro runs in it's own process, not sure about that.

Anyway, alchemy ROCKS, it might SUCK for sound designers as a couple have said, but it sure ROCKS for end players, i can tell you that!

BTW, this extra cpu can also be used by diva and lush with multi processor mode enabled on them.
I don't think it would have so many great presets if it completely sucked for sound designers. Alchemy has in my view inspired some of the best sound design, I think it's just many people were hoping for more for some areas (esp spectral editing). But at least they have a secure future now so hopefully these things will come.

btw you do know you have 4 quality modes now in this version, so you can drop down to a lower mode to save cpu and just offline render in highest quality?

Jace-BeOS wrote:
T-CM11 wrote:
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYtBkR3pGVQ
I know! They made a movie about it, but left out the absurdities. :dog: :hihi:

aMUSEd wrote:
TheoM wrote:WOW Alchemy is amazing.. Apple have really fine tuned a lot of the presets to be more useful IMO..

I don't think it would have so many great presets if it completely sucked for sound designers. Alchemy has in my view inspired some of the best sound design, I think it's just many people were hoping for more for some areas (esp spectral editing). But at least they have a secure future now so hopefully these things will come.

btw you do know you have 4 quality modes now in this version, so you can drop down to a lower mode to save cpu and just offline render in highest quality?
yeah i do know about all the qualities, but unfortunately I am not a believer in "low quality online, high quality render". I can hear with my ears, in many cases, the difference in quality, and i believe a sound rendered at high quality can alter the mix that you just worked on so hard with something in low quality mode. And there is no point doing a real time render to see if adjustments need to be made LOL, cause it won't play back anyway, otherwise you would have it enabled all the time.

I always work and export in the mode i end up at. That said, if Logic incorporated S1's transform track in an update, i could assure you i'd be using highest quality mode for everything LOL. If it's a really critical sound and it makes that much of a difference and I am low on power, i will just however use logic's BIP to clear up some room, so all is not lost.

The ideal goal is however = realtime everything as much as possible. IE to be able to run everything in realtime without bouncing till the end, or as much as possible. When the machines are out that can do that, i'll be there.

OK....refresh this old fellow's memory. What was Retina supposed to do? :?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:OK....refresh this old fellow's memory. What was Retina supposed to do? :?
f**k up the graphics of some plugins.

trimph1 wrote:OK....refresh this old fellow's memory. What was Retina supposed to do? :?
Its a marketing BS term that people use like its magic. From their mac book line...
A spectacular 2560-by-1600 resolution on the 13‑inch MacBook Pro and an equally impressive 2880-by-1800 resolution on the 15‑inch MacBook Pro
I'm primarily a Mac user, but I hate this Retina crap because noobs request Retina for their windows and android devices, when its just an Apple marketing term.

But yes, anything with a default resolution of 2K or greater needs better UIs for the plugins. In this case for Logic, a flagship Apple product who are pushing both Logic and "Retina" should have updated their UIs to be "Retina ready." :party:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”