Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

Cinebient wrote:Anyone knows how to remove an imported patch library out of the shared folder?
I tryed it with my own patches and i could remove the soundsources and patches from the steam folder but i still have now all the empty patches in the shared folder browser. Can´t remove them whatever i do.

Refresh the browser.
Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 1.32.57 PM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jamesbernard wrote:
Cinebient wrote:Anyone knows how to remove an imported patch library out of the shared folder?
I tryed it with my own patches and i could remove the soundsources and patches from the steam folder but i still have now all the empty patches in the shared folder browser. Can´t remove them whatever i do.

Refresh the browser.
Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 1.32.57 <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">PM.jpg</span>
So easy.... thank's for helping an idiot :D
Maybe finally time to read the manual...

Cinebient wrote:
jamesbernard wrote:

Refresh the browser.
Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 1.32.57 <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">PM.jpg</span>
So easy.... thank's for helping an idiot :D
Maybe finally time to read the manual...
Read the manual....

Whats that??
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Has anyone actually used the import audio feature and come up with anything good? ...meaning, anything other than weird soundscapes. If you have audio examples Id be very interested in hearing them.

Kinh wrote:Has anyone actually used the import audio feature and come up with anything good? ...meaning, anything other than weird soundscapes. If you have audio examples Id be very interested in hearing them.
+1

interested too, i am...

:pray:

Yeah i've had some good very usable stuff from user audio import then using the granular engine. I found the below tip from the manual especially useful for getting stuttering synced stuff:
Granular Trigger is an advanced feature that can be accessed only from the Modulation Matrix. It allows for single grains to be triggered at specific time intervals without affecting their size.

For example, turn Granular ON and create a modulation routing with LFO 1 set to a Square waveform as the source and Granular Trigger as the target. When you play a note on your keyboard, a single grain will be triggered every time the LFO transmits a value above zero. Increase the LFO Rate and the grains will be triggered more often. Increase the Intensity value in the Oscillator Zoom Granular page, and the grains will be smaller but still triggered at the same rate. To make it more interesting, try modulating Intensity with a different source (e.g. a different LFO or an Envelope) at a different speed. Constantly fluctuating sounds can be created using this technique. When the modulations are synced to the host's tempo, it is possible to get interesting stuttering FX that are synced to your music.
Also, I have a hundreds of Gb's of interesting textures and tones similar to the factory soundsources that are ideal of importing into Omnisphere. The Iris 2 library for example is great for this.

Since sharing patches is now super easy it would be great if some people shares there creations....
.... i will add something here soon :wink:
But don't expect too professional stuff :D

Since the latest update i can't edit tags and description in my patches. Just when i create new ones... :(

If someone does Berlin Old School, can you suggest a good synth that compliments Omni particularly well, mostly for electronic parts? I'm looking at CS-80 V2 since there are no CS-80 waveforms in Omni.

Aryaroman wrote:If someone does Berlin Old School, can you suggest a good synth that compliments Omni particularly well, mostly for electronic parts? I'm looking at CS-80 V2 since there are no CS-80 waveforms in Omni.
Arturia Modular V, if you can get past the tiny GUI.

Aryaroman wrote:If someone does Berlin Old School, can you suggest a good synth that compliments Omni particularly well, mostly for electronic parts? I'm looking at CS-80 V2 since there are no CS-80 waveforms in Omni.

Actually, there are CS-80 waveforms in Omnisphere 2.

T-CM11 wrote:
Arturia Modular V, if you can get past the tiny GUI.
So, you think Modular V would give me something over the raw waveforms in Omni 2?
jamesbernard wrote:

Actually, there are CS-80 waveforms in Omnisphere 2.
What are they named in the waveform section, because I can't see them...?

Aryaroman wrote:So, you think Modular V would give me something over the raw waveforms in Omni 2
I've sort of been round these houses. Personally I didn't get on with the Arturia range. They're an amazing bargain, you can get great sounds, but IMO the whole endeavour is a blind alley. It just doesn't work trying to translate a hardware synth literally into software, especially with such small fiddly UIs. They somehow suck all the creativity out of it. For me, it's far more successful to use these older sources in a modern synth which is designed from the ground up to work as a soft synth - ie Omni. But I think you can download a free demo of the Arturia stuff - try for yourself.

Further, I think you're onto a loser just looking for raw waveforms. The difference between a cs80 saw and a minimoog saw is pretty subtle. You can get both in Omni (Analog/Warm in Omni 2's wavetables, plus Trilian has some more cs80 sound sources), along with scores of other classic synths inc the Modular, OB-8, Prophet 12. ARP etc etc. It's nice to have those subtleties (especially with the morphing aspect that starts to get some of the individual character of the synth), but what makes a cs80 or a modular V is waaaay more than just the waveforms.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Aryaroman wrote: So, you think Modular V would give me something over the raw waveforms in Omni 2?
Yes, a different synth. :P

Aryaroman wrote: What are they named in the waveform section, because I can't see them...?

See below.

Screen Shot 2015-08-28 at 1.36.26 PM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”