Korg mde-x

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

anyone know the source of the mde-x algorithims?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:anyone know the source of the mde-x algorithims?
I think Korg has said somewhere that they were developed for their workstation synths like Karma and Triton.
No signature here!

TheoM wrote:wonderful little pluggie.. and all this time i thought it was my own secret weapon. How dare you start this topic? hehe

:hihi:
Oh I'm sorry. I'll just delete this right away :hihi:

aMUSEd wrote:
Lejurai wrote:You'd take automation instead of bigger gui? :D
I didn't say that, it needs both, but unlike the rest of the bundle the gui size per se is not the biggest problem for the Wavestation, it's the fact that most of the functionality is not easily accessible, and even if you can tweak it with a mouse you can't automate any of it (which also means none of it can be controlled by a hardware controller either). So I mostly use it as a preset player because so much of the functionality is just inaccessible, which is a pity because it sounds fantastic and I really would like to be able to get deeper into it.

The other reason I don't make new sounds with it is the preset system is useless.
You got a point.. Of course there's those 2 midi slots but that's not much :D

I used to love it, then I moved to a hirez screen on my laptop and the bloody thing is unreadable. :tantrum:

M1 and Wavestation remain mostly usable, thankfully. :hihi:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

It would be great if Korg did a GUI update on their whole Legacy Collection. It would make them all much more user friendly and fun.

Please KORG!

Yeah, it's not like the assets aren't already mostly built, what with the iPad retina GUIs they created for several legacy synths!!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I find it a poor sign when a dev doesn't update the gui. What kind of product maintenance is that? We talking about basic standards here.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

They just don't want to spend the time (money) on the maintenance. Still, some of the work was already done for the iPad, as several people mentioned. The software was ported to 64-bit and runs, so they can still sell it. Small GUI doesn't stop people buying it yet. Once it does, they'll probably just stop selling it.

But feel free to petition Korg. The more they hear from users about tiny blurry GUIs, the more they'll remember it is a thing.

Eventually, all computers will be using high PPI displays, but the ONLY hardware maker pushing that forward is Apple. If not for them, we would still be around 96-PPI on everything. But the change is still way too slow. Apple themselves just released another update to Logic without finishing the conversion of GUI graphics to retina resolution. A "first generation" brand new [cough cough] plugin starts out without retina GUI graphics. So Apple is being lazy about it too. They need to kill off their non-retina machines first, I guess...

Once all Windows PCs ship with ultra high resolution displays, software will probably have to catch up. But then, Windows software has always been legacy heavy, and legacy stuff that still runs at all is very rarely rebuilt... And we ARE talking LEGACY in multiple ways here :-D ...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Let's spam them till they give up :D

http://www.korg.com/us/support/contact/

I tried that already. The form doesn't work on iPhone 4. By the time I get to my laptop, I'm focused on other things and forget to try from there. Maybe next time it's cool enough to work in my studio without AC and I start up one of the Legacy plugins...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Lejurai wrote:Let's spam them till they give up :D

http://www.korg.com/us/support/contact/
Ah... well i remembered anyway... Done.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Anyone else?

I wrote them tooI. I have not lost hope because even though they have not been actively developing it, it's not abandonware yet. They do have occasional sale and so likely see the collection as active product. And I'm sure they clearly understand that software is the future even if hardware still continues to sell. And maybe now that Roland has actively entered the VSTi market they up their game and put a little bit more effort into their software.
No signature here!

Here's the reply I received:
Thanks for contacting Korg USA Product Support.

We are not aware of any Legacy updates regarding the screen resolution but I am more than happy to forward your request to our development team.

Best Regards,
Product Support
Korg USA, Inc.
No signature here!

Return to “Effects”