One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:lol: That's AWESOME, MTLE! :tu: :lol:
(btw, I still have some hopes for Brainstormer, too!)

MTLE wrote:Ok, back from quick check...

Part 1
Vaccin -> Sound :D GUI 8) Features :tu:
Brzoza -> Sound :D GUI :roll: Features :tu:
Anubis 2 -> Sound :D GUI 8) Features :clap:
Brainstormer -> Sound :wheee: GUI 8) Features :party:
FormantClassic -> Sound :phones: GUI 8) Features :!:
M-Theory -> Sound :hyper: GUI :shrug: Features :o
LOVE it lol. It needs one more: A conclusion:
Scale: :wheee:, :tu:, :shrug:, :roll:, :dog:, :bang:

MTLE wrote: Don't know what they mean exactly :?:
There's a built in limit to how many smileys you can display (25 i think) - probably to stop someone from doing like 10,000 and crashing your browser or something :lol:

I would do my ranking like this:
:hyper: - :clap: - :shrug: - :drunk: - :uhuhuh:

Taron wrote:I would do my ranking like this:
:hyper: - :clap: - :shrug: - :drunk: - :uhuhuh:

:lol: :tu: :tu:

The great thing about this is that it will be self explanatory

I'm glad you like my little compliation. :D
I enjoyed all, except Nabla because of its limitations.

Limit for smileys is 30. :(

I think it would be so fun, if we would get a bunch of those programmers together with all of us and we'd make a big experiment to come up with the ultimate little synth. I wished, I was already back to all my senses to have enough focus for some programming myself. I would totally combine OSC with MSC (Monthly Synth Creation), :hihi: , coming up with synthesis concepts to explore possibilities together. From analogue style to wavetable and physical modeling stuff, from evolutionary sound design to full control systems, minimalism to meticulousness. That's what a new age of musical exploration for a community should look like in my opinion! 8-) :lol:

My biggest trouble is probably that I won't be able to compile for mac for the time being, as silly as that sounds. But 64 bit is no trouble at all. If only I would get some magical focus energy and the required reason to desire this endeavor properly. :|

Just send me some good energy, in case you have left-overs! :D :party:

By the way, MTLE, seems you missed one, so let me take a stab at your system:
Venom VB 303 -> Sound :wheee: GUI :borg: Features :hihi:

psmacmur wrote:By the way, MTLE, seems you missed one, so let me take a stab at your system:
It was late and I did get it immediatly work. I shifted this one to next session. Maybe tomorrow or on Sunday. :hyper:

psmacmur wrote:By the way, MTLE, seems you missed one, so let me take a stab at your system:
I agree with your Venom VB 303 voting. Sound is great. GUI maybe very close to hardware version. I couldn't get something like work flow. I would have to study the 303 manual I guess. I've never seen the synth in real life. I did some tracks earlier with ReBirth, so I'm familiar with the concept. This one is special. ;)

I tried another item from the list the EX-80 drum synth. This is not useful for the competition here, but I found a gemstone for myself. It's the first VSTi that works with my old Yamaha DD-50. Problems with other plugins are the very short notes coming from the device. They were swallowed up to 75%. EX-80 works perfectly with it.

Is it allowed by the rules to use this plugin as midi record monitor and then exchange with the competition synth? I believe YES, because its not in the result, like other midi stuff. ;)

Do you mean this one:
http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?pl ... 80&id=1687

That sounds almost like it could work for the OSC, hahahaha! :lol: :ud:

These two look and sound really good. Moscow and Siberia :)
http://realanaloguewarfare.webs.com/products

seriously try these out bj!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Tjgoa wrote:These two look and sound really good. Moscow and Siberia :)
http://realanaloguewarfare.webs.com/products

seriously try these out bj!

Awesome will check it out :wheee: Even better, let me know how it works out for you guys too:
Rating Categories: CPU usage|latency / Sound Quality / GUI / Features / Overall

I love KVR OSC ! Is Sixth Month June not a great synth for this competition ?

Hmm so is Image-Line Maximus now considered a "DAW" effect?

I would like to use it on my projects too but I thought it would be considered an external effect...I mean it runs as a standalone VST on other DAWs besides FL Studio. But then so do Reaplugs. But at least Reaplugs are freeware whereas you have to own FL to get Maximus.

Can I use Maximus in the challenge or not? I'm not using FL Studio as my primary DAW. But people use multiple DAWs sometimes on these challenges so how is that different than using an FL plugin in a Bitwig project?

Sorry if I'm being nitpicky, I'm just confused on how this sort of thing is handled since it seems like a bit of a gray area.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

Return to “Instruments”