Your prediction for Komplete 11

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14 Kontakt Reaktor

I reckon we're due either Kontakt 6 or Reaktor 6, I suspect the former since (as mentioned above) it's their biggest money-maker of the lot. Kontakt's GUI certainly needs improving although ensuring full compatibility with the existing libraries is probably gonna be the issue here.

On the subject of GUIs, all three of the classic synths could do with some work, Absynth and FM8 would both benefit from being larger. I'd be happy for the features to remain the same if they just filled up my screen a bit more.

Kevin63101 wrote:I expect some new Kontakt / Reaktor instruments and possibly updates.

As to the legacy synths (Massive, FM8, Absynth), a nice lower cost improvement would be to add new presets content exclusive to each komplete release. That would be a good value added bonus for buying the updates.
...there are new third-party presets for Massive being released literally every month, so I can imagine how well such an addition will be received for a new version of Komplete (especially here :lol:). And considering its "age" it is still widely used and supported - I don't know any other softsynth, that has such impact on the market. On top of that it has been added to Maschine, which also has enlarged its user-base probably quite a lot, and there must be about a 1.000 new presets from NI, if you take a look at the last 20 or so Maschine expansions. So I'm not sure, if Massive can be called a legacy synth. Though I don't know how well a new version of Reaktor would perform, but I'm quite sure Massive still can't be replaced with a Reaktor ensemble, nor do I think that it'll get dropped anytime soon, as it's one of their most popular products. I rather think it will get an update with all these other synths (especially Serum) competing with it.

About Absynth? Wouldn't make much sense still having pretty strong products/brands and then drop them and leave these areas to your competitors. Perhaps the folks at NI are waiting how Alchemy 2 and Zebra 3 will turn out and then release an update for Absynth. Things that would work quite nicely with Absynth is resynthesis and spectral modelling, so I really can't imagine they have never experimented with that. Someone here mentioned that there will be a Reaktor 6, so I guess, it shows they're taking their time to develop things.

And FM8? Despite annual discussions, if it sounds close enough to a DX7, it can still do some things that other synths can't - let alone there aren't many synth in that area (I can only think about Sytrus or Ableton's Operator). The more I think about it, I have a feeling it might be the closest condidate to be replaced by a Reaktor ensemble, but I could be wrong and I don't know if its technically feasible...

Komplete 11
New version of kontakt
new reaktor version
Absynth update
Massive update
3 new repackaged bass kontakt libraries
Discovery library
Abbey road drum library
Reverb classics

Much interesting speculation. But what I would like to know is when Komplete 11 is likely to become available. What do you folks expect? If I'm not mistaken, history suggests late this year, but what do I know?

It depends, either they have moved to an 18-month cycle, in which case we should expect it next March, or the last 2 have been an anomaly and they are back to 12-month cycles, in which case it should be this Oct.

Either way I, like a lot of people, will be waiting till next year's Summer of Sound before upgrading. Actually I'd say it makes more business sense to keep the releases in October as this provides the longest period between release and sale price.

Mine isn't a prediction, but more of a hope. I would like to see something like East West's Composer Cloud and Cakewalk's subscription service model for Komplete. I'm not saying replace the option to buy, but maybe add an option for those of us who have been window shopping for a very long time.

oxygenmask wrote:Mine isn't a prediction, but more of a hope. I would like to see something like East West's Composer Cloud and Cakewalk's subscription service model for Komplete. I'm not saying replace the option to buy, but maybe add an option for those of us who have been window shopping for a very long time.
...I guess, if these business models pan out, they will all jump on that ship.

I would buy K11 only for Absynth 6...

loachm wrote:
oxygenmask wrote:Mine isn't a prediction, but more of a hope. I would like to see something like East West's Composer Cloud and Cakewalk's subscription service model for Komplete. I'm not saying replace the option to buy, but maybe add an option for those of us who have been window shopping for a very long time.
...I guess, if these business models pan out, they will all jump on that ship.
Maybe it's because I was working as the editor for a news service about cloud services, but every time I hear the word cloud - I cringe. Yesterdays buzzword. I miss Ohm Force and I wish they would spend time outside their cloud DAW and make plugins again.

OT. Sorry.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Predicted "Pro 54" modeled 5-Voice Sequential Circuits Prophet 5 for Reaktor for Komplete 10 which never arrived. Hope it shows up in K11.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Komplete 11 will be "magware" (with 3хх issue of Computer Music). Not Komplete Ultimate :clap:

I'm guessing Emotive Strings, which would be nice. If the upgrade is under 400 US like last time, I would expect Brass Collection as well.

All of this may have been mentioned, so forgive me. I'm mostly curious as to a release date.
Ha ha suck it!

Codestation wrote:Komplete 10 will be the last Komplete... for 5 years. Then in 2020 we'll get...

UberKomplete Mega Ultimate Total. Pro. XL.

+

Srsly.
And then we could look forward to SON of UberKomplete Mega Ultimate Total. Pro. XL.
Ha ha suck it!

I predict that there will be a "what are your predictions for Komplete 12" thread on KVR
Sweet child in time...

Deep Purple wrote:I predict that there will be a "what are your predictions for Komplete 12" thread on KVR
"Good golly said little Miss Molly! See you rockin' down the House of Blue Light!" :phones:
Ha ha suck it!

Return to “Instruments”