Organs - An Embarrassment of Riches

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lfm wrote: Didn't NI replace the modelled B4 and B4 II with a Kontakt version(is that the Vintage Organs, or separate B3)?
Rather than releasing a 64-bit version of B4 they did that.
So they obviously didn't think it was too bad - haven't tried it though.
Vintage Organs is not bad at all, to me, it sounds far better than DB-33.

My current setup is: when using Ableton, Vintage Organs, and when using Mainstage, EVB3, both with MVintageRotary.

bharris22 wrote:
lfm wrote:If you love the Hammond sound, go Hammond and you will never look at these plugins again. Even a Hammond XK1 I had replace these easily and go for about $400-$500 or so. Works pretty good as midi keyboard stuff for recording too. So adding cost for your midi keyboard and these plugins you can buy the real deal.
I agree. I bought a Hammond M-3 at the end of last year and love it. Had it wired for direct line output, so now I can run direct into my interface, or (as I usually do) into a Ventilator pedal and then into a Blackstar HT-1R amp with reverb - it sounds fantastic, even through headphones. The setup is difficult to carry, though :) - hence, the search for plugins.
M3 is certainly the real-real deal, but midi is practical when it comes to recording and movability..

Love VB3, and disk space too. :wink:

What's better than roses on your piano?

well, living on a country where the importation makes things VERY expensive, a hammond hardware simulation is not an option :(

I've made a quick test with http://setbfree.org/ , a free Hammond simulator based on Beatrix code. Although Jack is cumbersome to manage, it sounds nicely. The leslie is good, although the aceleration/desaceleration is not good at all. Maybe some fellow geek can make a Audio Unit/VST version? :D

I'm still running OSX 10.8 on my MacBook Pro, simply due to my dependency on VB3, and the fact that I've been told by a bunch of people that moving beyond 10.8 would render my 32-bit plugins useless.

I've mostly been using it via Mainstage 2, but I do have Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, MetaPlugin, and JBridgeM. I'm just not terribly familiar with the lay of the land outside MS2.

Is there any reason I should still be apprehensive about finally making the move to Mavericks, Yosemite, or anything beyond that at this point?

Return to “Instruments”