Need help with rtp midi

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I'm trying to install the newest version of rtp midi however it won't let me install it as it says I have another version installed and must uninstall that one first however I can't find that version or even open it and can't find any files of rtp to delete and it doesn't show up under programs. Any help would be appreciated as to how to uninstall it. I'm in on win7 64 bit.
Thanks.

It might be among hardware devices.
Check out device manager if you find anything on multimedia or similar devices.

If no luck, I would search registry with regedit for "rtp" or similar.
Start->Run->regedit

Did you use Windows Control Panel "Uninstall a program"?

Be sure to restart your machine after an uninstall so it clears the registry.

FWIW my rptMIDI shows up in C:\Program Files (x86)\Tobias Erichsen\rptMIDI; however, I'm not convinced I didn't direct the installer along that path. Been quite some time since I installed it.

HTH
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Thanks for your replies lfm and dsan
rtpmidi never showed up under Windows control programs to uninstall and I can't see it in programsX86 even under Tobias Erichsen.
Searched the registry and found a file named " rtpmidiBlockLegacy"
Don't know if that could be it. Should I just create a restore point and delete it and see what happens?
Thanks.

And any midi device among hardware?

About registry, I would not tamper with single entries like that.
Usually objects referred to on disk could make you find what is there that installer might object to, that any uninstaller didn't bother with.

If to emulate hardware midi ports, there is a driver somewhere that should exist among hardware devices.

I used some virtual midi drivers in the past, and they turn up among devices.

There is a setting in environment
devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

you can enter, and device manager will have an option to show currently non present devices. You will see all usb flash drives you ever entered etc and maybe some rtp thingy too.

In control panel you enter on System and will find environment that you can enter stuff.

lfm,
No midi devices in hardware.
In environments the only thing that came up was a Bome's virtual midi port.
Would that be it?

letthedogdrive wrote:lfm,
No midi devices in hardware.
In environments the only thing that came up was a Bome's virtual midi port.
Would that be it?
I think Bome's is the driver rtp midi is built on then - unless you have another product that might be related. Virtual drivers are some hazzle to get approved by Microsoft so they usually build a product on a driver that exist.

If among devices you take properties and Details or Resources tab or what it's called and you can see the driver files, which they are. If the files reside under \program files\<something> then that installed product use it.

Otherwise search registry for "bome" if there is a reference on disk somewhere.

Just google "bome virtual midi port" and products like LoopMidi and MidiTranslator use that driver as examples.

lfm,
Uninstalled Bome, still got the message that I can't install rtp until I uninstall it.
Googled Bome and didn't really find anything that related to rtp.
Not sure where to go from here.
Thanks for trying to help.

I used to have the PowerTools by SysInternals installed. That not only allowed you to tweak the Windows GUI and behaviour, it also featuted an internal list of installed software, and a simple one-click removal from the list. Never found the same list in the registry...
Try that, or ask the developer what to do.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Bert, will give that a try.
Emailed the developer, no response.
Thanks.

Hi,

you have probably installed a 3rd party software that is using my virtual MIDI driver.

As the installation of the newer versions of this MIDI driver are not compatible with
the older rtpMIDI & loopMIDI installers, a "blocker" has been integrated to prohibit
the installation of the old versions to not trash the newer version.

If you download a new version of rtpMIDI at

http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/betastuff.html

you should have no problems...

Sorry for the inconvenience. I will be putting the new version on to be official
downloads in the near future...

Best regards,
Tobias

Thanks for the link Tobias. Will give it a try.

Tobias worked great thanks!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”