Stop It

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OnePingOnly

Actually, does analog synth's sounds better, it's a question of personal taste. Most of people can't even hear (and care) in final mix, does there was used analog synths or digital emulations. Who care about the fact that VSTi aren't the same like analog synths (here's even logic tellin us that its impossible that two totally different things could be the same one thing)? Mostly, people who have huge collection of analog gear (my gear list is longer than yours!) and their ego is still not satisfied enough. Then they spending time trying to bring us new evangelion: that analog synth can give you 100 times better orgasm than any other VSTi (plastic) replica :D

that is all not true.

VSTis do sound better than every old, shitty, gritty, greasy analog synthesizer.

VSTis dont gather dust.

VSTis dont raise you electricity bill.

VSTis dont take up space regardless if you have 100 or 1 million of them.

VSTis can be used up to 2 billion times simultaneously each.

VSTis dont need each of them a power outlet.

VSTis are way cheaper.

VSTis dont need no cables.

VSTis weight a lot less than their analog counterpart.

and so on and on and on ... the whole discussion is pointless. this discussion is always fired by guys who are not able to let things go, especially not beloved toys. they overcompensate and rationlize their bullshit-analog-crap.

living in the past is always a bad thing. because if someone does live in the past there is no way to grow, to develope, to create, to rise, to shine, to go on. they are stuck.

but they dont realize they are stuck, because they are at that moment searching in the vaults of their studio for that damn broken cable ...
music is the film that is caused in the listeners head.

http://www.whiteaxxxe.de

^^^ :shock:

Oh, how dare you mess with my analogueness!!!

Hmmmmpph!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

silly people
if you're struggling to make good music, then dont blame software

I blame my wetware... and bad habits from early on :-)

Sampleconstruct wrote:
ccDuckett wrote:I like turtles.
+2
+3 mineturtles

i heard the reason analog sound unique is because the circutry in the synths

i dont know if it is true but it was something about like 2 synths from the same maker even would have different color or whatever subjective term describing sound
Faggotmaster

mrgrim3 wrote:i heard the reason analog sound unique is because the circutry in the synths

i dont know if it is true but it was something about like 2 synths from the same maker even would have different color or whatever subjective term describing sound
Many of the early synths...at least the ones I am acquainted with were hand-wired which did do something in the colouration of the sound. But it really was not all that dissimilar. :)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I know that when choosing a musical instrument to purchase, my main criteria is what the audience will be able differentiate in a song mixdown.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

trimph1 wrote:
mrgrim3 wrote:i heard the reason analog sound unique is because the circutry in the synths

Many of the early synths...at least the ones I am acquainted with were hand-wired which did do something in the colouration of the sound. But it really was not all that dissimilar. :)

Many synths got updated (revision) a lot like SC Prophet which would account of the variance in sound between several models of the same synth.

In addition many of the components (resistors, caps, etc.) were sourced from different companies which would colour the sound slightly. I remember reading a article where an Electroharmonix worker said that when they were assembling the effects pedals in the the 70's that sometimes they would run out of a particular component and they would swap it out for "something pretty close" that they had in stock.

deastman wrote:I know that when choosing a musical instrument to purchase, my main criteria is what the audience will be able differentiate in a song mixdown.
Me too. I feel weight is also a crucial factor. If it ain't heavy, it's obviously crap.

Return to “Instruments”