Can synthedit do more than synths?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Could I create a sequencer that did wait for midi with synthedit?

You can do anything you want in Synthedit if there are modules which do it (or, if there arent you can write your own custom C++ modules which do). There have been sequencers written in Synthedit, yes.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

If they don't have wait for midi then I might learn alittle C++ if that's what it takes.
I wonder what the command would be for that anyways to make something wait till you input midi, google time.

Don't know how to turn

=====================
// The include
#include <conio.h>
int main()
{
// The method to wait for keystroke
cout << "Please press a Key ";
getch();
}
=====================

Into a synthedit module to use in studio one

You should check out JUCE if you go the coding route... not only does it have plnety of nice tools available for common tasks, it actually runs on 64 bit computers natively (every computer made in the last 5 years at least) unlike Synthedit.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

You sure? synth edit looks easy. But if Juce can use stuff other than visual studio then yes.
I'm trying to find a way to make a wait for midi note before recording vst if that's possible.

Easilyn wrote:I'm trying to find a way to make a wait for midi note before recording vst if that's possible.
Recording is typically the function of the host, so is there a reason you don't want to find a solution for doing it there?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

There are very few daws that have wait for midi built in. And I know damn well programming is no easy task :)
I wonder if synthedit can just be used for that. Fl studio and protools have it but I want to know how they achieved that function, but want to make a vst dedicated to that wait for midi function so it could be used on more than one daw but not affecting the insides of the daw.

AHA! I mean, how to create a vst that is an advanced record button with a subset of options.
Yes ah now I understand what I tried to say earlier, can juce or synthedit create a vst record button with it's own settings and precount options/midi options? Would most likely not work as an instrument track but might be possible via effect tracks, although I'd have to learn c++ and that's no easy thing to learn though.

Easilyn wrote:AHA! I mean, how to create a vst that is an advanced record button with a subset of options.
This isn't something a VST could do - a VST can't control the host it is controlled by the host, usually to process mid/audio input and provide midi/audio output.

I think what you're looking for is some form of extension mechanism for the DAW itself such as macros or add-ons. There are no standards for these as the functions they control will be specific to each individual DAW.

I think it'd be straightforward to script this in Reaper if that's your DAW

If that wouldn't work, I'd probably try to learn even the basics of this coding crap.
If that's not possible, could I create a vst that has wait for midi, but is just a container?

Example, fl studio can be used as just a container for wait for midi to house reason and studio one in.
But it's alittle much for such a niche use-case scenario. Also that sound quality myth is not reassuring enough as daws have different languages and handle dsp differently. I'm fond of it as well. Fl studio irks me in some ways.

Reaper's scripting, I don't know what language is useful to make a wait for midi container that wouldn't need to be a rewire host.

I think Reaper scripts (in Reascript or Python) can access the MIDI API. Have a look at the Cockos forums for example code e.g.
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=145873

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”