One Synth Challenge #77: Charlatan (Taron wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan

ecset wrote:
Rcl wrote:
ecset wrote:as I see, I can change my vote. I did. changed the order, and pressed a refresh. is it ok? thanx.

Only if I increased in standing.

sorry?

Was a poor joke sorry, I was in a frisky mood.

Rcl wrote:
ecset wrote:
Rcl wrote:
ecset wrote:as I see, I can change my vote. I did. changed the order, and pressed a refresh. is it ok? thanx.

Only if I increased in standing.

sorry?

Was a poor joke sorry, I was in a frisky mood.
I'll take a few extra points too sir, thank you. :hug:

TheBellows wrote:
ecset wrote:
ere2learn wrote:
Ameyah Audio wrote:whats with the last track? seems to be gone from SC.
this
Reefius wrote:I'm done with OSC, deleted my track.

why, man?
From what i read in another thread he deleted the track just so he didn't have to vote. :neutral:

Anyhow, this round i have decided to not use a single preset, no single DSP or effect whatsoever, not even a gainer. So let's see how that goes. :)
I will allow automation of the synths parameters though, if it supports it that is, haven't even checked it out yet...

Think i'll have to install the 32 bit version of Renoise for this.

Edit: i thought i was in another thread when i wrote this, i meant of course round 78
Reefius track is back up for voting. Will be removed from the OSC account after the 15th ish :borg:

To Reefius: Thank you for taking part of the OSC, and hope to see you soon :hug:

Updated Track Info and Description. Track Image coming soon.

Track is made entirely with the free Charlatan vsti. Not a perfect mix and has a few rough transitions. I also had quite a time fixing the project file and experienced total audio drop outs atleast 20 times. Had to find the culprit each time and then stream the entire instance. At streaming time the entire track had considerable clipping. Almost 5-10 db was added to the final stream for some reason. Had to stream with edison insided fl studio which only allows 5 minutes of total stream. So for a 9 minute track this involves streaming twich and piecing the two together afterwards... Looking forward to fixing this up quite a bit in the future though as it has some really good elements in it and quite a few others too, which might in fact detract from the overall mix. I'm well aware that there are some bad transitins as well as each lead goes immidiately into the next with no time in between to focus on the drum parts which is what I wanted in the final mix. All in all, I guess just try to enjoy it for what it is though there were a few times I was thinking of just deleting it from the osc this round. It's a nice sound with some potential that I feel is left short with this hurried mix.

https://soundcloud.com/majestic_dawn/tj ... an-osc-mix

107 instances of Charlatan
Orion Compressors, Limiters, Reverbs, Low Cut, Analog Equalizers
Karma Fx Delay
Tal Reverb 3
Melda Eq
Melda Compressor
Lazy Kenneth
Flux Bittersweet
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

What's the point of putting my track back? It will be disqualified anyway.

I didn't delete it because I don't want to vote. If it was just that, I would simply not vote and let my track get disqualified. I wanted to be fair and remove myself from the OSC because I lost interest in it, but now I see my track is back up.

Reefius wrote:What's the point of putting my track back? It will be disqualified anyway.

I didn't delete it because I don't want to vote. If it was just that, I would simply not vote and let my track get disqualified. I wanted to be fair and remove myself from the OSC because I lost interest in it, but now I see my track is back up.
i guess we all wanted to listen to it? :hihi:

almost done with a drone from a kvraudio OSC77 track :D

https://soundcloud.com/ameyah/vasana

under the use of the track by klein oktav from this OSC77.
Last edited by Ameyah Audio on Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

I just want to say a quick thank you.
I allready mentioned it in a reply to @kraftraum on soundcloud

This was my first real try at synthesis. I used to just use some presets and tweak them a little. Now I made them all from scratch.

I can't remember the last time I wrote/finished a song. So this was more a challenge I set to myself than trying to compete with others.
It's very nice to get some (mostly positive) response though, it's a real motivator and reminder to myself to make more music then just playing music.

Now I need to find some time (and patience) to vote.

Rob
PS. I really appreciate the critisim on my track too.

Is it Just me???

Soundcloud seems to be an awful experience this month. Sometimes it allows comments sometimes not on firefox. Android app completely unusable.

rghvdberg wrote:
I can't remember the last time I wrote/finished a song. So this was more a challenge I set to myself than trying to compete with others.
It's very nice to get some (mostly positive) response though, it's a real motivator and reminder to myself to make more music then just playing music.

This is really one of the coolest things about OSCs. They have deadlines......

Voted. Will make a 2nd pass a little later on, though; several of the tracks definitely deserve another listen or two

Votinated, I gave you all 5s. ok, not really, but just pretend I did!

somehow my track disappeared from the soundcloud group :/
added it again
I can still see it on the voting page though

I voted a few days ago. I didn't see that I was supposed to post that I had voted.

Voted.

Nice sounds all over from this synth; Charlatan is great! Great job, everyone!

As always, anyone who wants constructive criticism feel free to PM.

Voted.

Charlatan is so great sounding for a freebie and as a a result we have some real beauties this time!
Great job, everyone!
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Return to “Instruments”