SynthMaster AND SynthMaster Player updated to v2.7.6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

aMUSEd wrote:
It would help if you responded openly to people's issues rather than taking this needlessly defensive and negative position - people are posting about issues that are real and are only repeatedly posting them when you do not show any sign of paying them any attention and react so defensively at the slightest criticism. Don't take it so personally - no-one is posting abuse or anything other than statements about issues we have had.

And thankyou for the update.
You are welcome.

I know you are upset about the longstanding (filter) parameter automation stepping noise issue. It's really a design challenge to fix it without causing any performance penalties, I will try to come up with a better solution in v3.0
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Thanks for the update! One of my favorites just got real real!

kv331 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
It would help if you responded openly to people's issues rather than taking this needlessly defensive and negative position - people are posting about issues that are real and are only repeatedly posting them when you do not show any sign of paying them any attention and react so defensively at the slightest criticism. Don't take it so personally - no-one is posting abuse or anything other than statements about issues we have had.

And thankyou for the update.
You are welcome.

I know you are upset about the longstanding (filter) parameter automation stepping noise issue. It's really a design challenge to fix it without causing any performance penalties, I will try to come up with a better solution in v3.0
Thank you. That's all I've wanted to hear. I haven't been able to find a workaround to this problem. Please let us know if you need us to do any testing in a possible beta fix (or a workaround). It's truly an outstanding synth. It really is. That one fix would make it my primary synth overnight. Again, thanks.

Don't worry about these kids man, they need to go back to dubstep school and retake their 40 hour expert ableton class again. Their loss.

Awesome! Synthmaster was used heavily on my last album, so thanks and keep up the good work guys. :)

Dasheesh wrote:Don't worry about these kids man, they need to go back to dubstep school and retake their 40 hour expert ableton class again. Their loss.
I know you weren't addressing me directly but I'm not a kid. I've been programming synths since 1979. I love Synthmaster. It was my very first VST that I actually bought after downloading a lot of free synths, some good but many bad.

For the most part, I have no problem with this synth. But I get a little tired of each time I download an update my license file doesn't work and am even more tired of having to recreate my Synthmaster folder because the waveforms keep "disappearing" when I try to load them.

I really ask for so little when it comes to this synth, but simple things like that should work without me wanting to pull my hair out. It's getting tiresome.

Worst part?

With the exception of the very first problem I had with Synthmaster (the GUI literally blew up and wouldn't load) that was addressed as a bad serial number, each time I have contacted support since then I have never gotten a reply. I know email is unreliable. Stuff ends up in spam folders or doesn't get delivered at all. But it doesn't make my frustration any less.

For what it's worth, I went through the last update (finally got it to work outside of Cubase) and I love what they did with the oscillators. I'm even thinking of doing a second sound library for 2.7.

I'm really easy to please but the problems I've been having are making me use this synth less and less. It's just becoming too much trouble. Right after the update today, I had to recreate the Synthmaster directories yet again as none of the waveforms outside of the basic ones would load.

Please try to understand. Some of us complain not because we just like to complain. We do it because we're rightfully frustrated with basic functions that should work without having to jump through all sorts of hoops. My update shouldn't require me to find my old license file (because the new one doesn't work) and recreate my directories.

That isn't asking too much. Is it?

wagtunes wrote: Please try to understand. Some of us complain not because we just like to complain. We do it because we're rightfully frustrated with basic functions that should work without having to jump through all sorts of hoops. My update shouldn't require me to find my old license file (because the new one doesn't work) and recreate my directories.

Which directories did you have to create again? Could you elaborate? Did you report that issue to us already?
Works at KV331 Audio

wagtunes all I've seen you do is whine and complain for no reason always seeking attention for this or that. If it's not one thing it's another. There is no end to it. You don't even have a purpose for it other than your bored. GET A MAC ALREADY. It would be different if you could at some point come to a resolution over your personal problems that no one else has. How many instruments do you own now? You're not happy? ... why am I not surprised? You don't sound like you have been programming since "79. I'll leave you be though, I don't get paid to deal with you.

Why am I forced to continually come here for news and updates...this is killing me. I've got to just learn how to avert my eyes already.

Dasheesh wrote:GET A MAC ALREADY
Don't.. Get a fresh install of your windows. And remember to format your HD.

Lejurai wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:GET A MAC ALREADY
Don't.. Get a fresh install of your windows. And remember to format your HD.
Yes, GET A MAC :P :wink:

kv331 wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Please try to understand. Some of us complain not because we just like to complain. We do it because we're rightfully frustrated with basic functions that should work without having to jump through all sorts of hoops. My update shouldn't require me to find my old license file (because the new one doesn't work) and recreate my directories.

Which directories did you have to create again? Could you elaborate? Did you report that issue to us already?
The problem and solution (deleting Synthmastertemp) has been reported here...

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=435008

and other threads as well.

I find that I also have to delete the Synthmaster directory in documents as well sometimes. In another thread you mentioned that you've been unable to duplicate this problem and that's why it's not been fixed. It is suspected to be a Windows problem that you can't duplicate.

That's where we are with this issue.

In the meantime, I have received my new license and it works.

As for Dasheeh's response to me, whatever. Not going to get into a big knockdown drag-out over this because he's just not worth my time.

Thank you for your help in fixing the license issue. Regardless of what you might think of my "whining" I do love your synth. It is one of only a relative few that I've created a sound library for and intend on making a second one for specifically for 2.7. Something I have only done for one other synth that I own.

Anyway, I'll leave this thread now so certain people don't have to put up with my "whining."

** EDIT ** After doing the latest update with the new license, once again, none of the waveforms load outside of the basic factory. I will once again have to "clear the cache". This is now the 2nd time in just 2 days. But I guess this is just whining so I'll shut up now.

I thought I fixed this waveforms showing blank issue in the latest update . Will have to test further :?
Works at KV331 Audio

Yes, Kvr331. The waveforms still go blank & you have to delete the temp files. I'm on Windows 8.1. Happens in 32 & 64 bit.

How are we able to tell where the new presets are? I have the everything bundle and I haven't used Synthmaster much enough to know where everything is off hand.

And thank you for the update. I like Synthmaster as well
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote:
How are we able to tell where the new presets are? I have the everything bundle and I haven't used Synthmaster much enough to know where everything is off hand.

And thank you for the update. I like Synthmaster as well
I found out where they are by taking a closer look at the original topic post, the developers are listed. I figured it out from there. I must say, some of the new presets are pretty darn inspiring; plus, they really come across deep and punchy due to the somewhat different overall sound of Synthmaster...a difference that is extremely welcomed by me.

Synthmaster went up a significant notch in quality to my ears. Now, if someone compares it to other monsters like Alchemy and Electra, I'm more amenable to agreeing.
Ha ha suck it!

Saukar30 wrote: How are we able to tell where the new presets are? I have the everything bundle and I haven't used Synthmaster much enough to know where everything is off hand.
click on the browser section
go to the bottom of the 'attributes' section
you should see 'version 2.7' there
click on that and you'll see the new presets

Return to “Instruments”