Helm: new cross platform synth beta release

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

Nice and simple interface.
dedication to flying

Quite a nice design and sounds from the little bit I can tell. Would like to see loads more presets and a preset browser of some form.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

Hi guys.
Which is the latest valid version downloadable of Helm?
As there are actually two working links:
a Helm_32.msi one
and a Helm_32bit_v0_4_0.msi as well.
Same goes for the 64 bit versions.

And how/where to set up midi keyboards in the standalone version? Not able to find it..
Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Hi,
small installation issue:

I choose some folder in "program files" to install the vst, but it installed to "program files (x86)",
so I had to manually copy the dll.

(Helm_32bit_v0_4_0.msi on Windows-7/64)

@Diego
0_4_0 is the recent version.

Didn't found the midi setup in standalone, but my controller was detected successfully.

Nice, just when I think I couldn’t possibly need another synth. I was wrong.

Hey everyone! Just released a new version of Helm :D
You can grab the new version here: http://tytel.org/helm

Added some features including Audio/MIDI settings under the logo button and retrigger for LFOs.
Also fixed a bunch of bugs so Helm should be more stable.

Here's the full list of changes in version 0.4.1:
- Add Audio/MIDI settings page under Helm logo button
- Fixed occasional hang when using MIDI learn/automation
- JACK support for GNU/Linux
- Better MIDI default device connection.
- Reduced aliasing in sub oscillator a bit
- Added DC blocker
- Added retrigger to monophonic LFOs and step sequencer
- Added playhead sync to monophonic LFOs and step sequencer
- Improved portamento slide function
- Change white noise LFO to Sample and Hold
- Added Sample and Glide to LFO waveforms
- Fixed unintentional automation cancelling in some DAWs
- Fixed zippering when modulating some parameters
- Windows installer now puts shortcut in Start Menu

Aww man cubase 7 64bit artist doesn't see it,and i was excited to try this one too

xenophobic wrote:Aww man cubase 7 64bit artist doesn't see it,and i was excited to try this one too
I had a similar issue in Cubase 6. Maybe try double checking that the VST dll is in the right folder.

Yup its in the right folder used installer Helm_64bit_v0_4_1.msi Cubase just doesn't see it but it works as standalone when i click the helm icon

I absolutely love the modulation routing. The interface is very clear. This synth is a bit heavy on CPU, but still reasonable.

My only problem is I can't load factory presets in Reaper 32bit on Windows 7. Init and user presets load fine.

atleast your daw sees it mine doesn't i sent the developer a message hope he has a solution cause i really like the gui on this one

xenophobic wrote:Aww man cubase 7 64bit artist doesn't see it,and i was excited to try this one too
Because this also installs as a VST3 version, it will hide the VST2.4 version. You should find it in the VST3 folder "Synth".
(Disclaimer: I'm using the full version of Cubase 8, but there's no reason why Cubase 7 Artist should be any different in this respect ;) )
Btw, thanks for the Audio/MIDI Settings page for the Standalone :) And I think it sounds great! :)
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Hi,
some questions:

- What does the switch Unison-H do?
- Is Osc-Crossmod ring-modulation or FM or what?
- Is the Lowpass Filter 12 or 24db?
- How to set the Osc level to zero (if I want only the noise for example)?

Chris

Return to “Instruments”