ABL3 Coming....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AudioRealism Bass Line 2 (ABL2) AudioRealism Bass Line 3 (ABL3) AudioRealism Bass Line Pro (ABL Pro)

Any idea whether there will be an update for ABL pro? It needs one
Last edited by urlwolf on Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2ZrgE wrote:What I really like to see would be midi drag'n'drop to get those patterns into my sequencer. I know it works with midi out, but dragging would be the faster way.

I have got to second this feature. It would be very handy for sure.
Hope they can implement it.

Any word on the VST???

DJMaytag wrote:Any word on the VST???
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/AudioRealism
August 28 at 2:25am
So, what's taking so long?

We keep getting lots of email asking for the ABL3 VST/AU release date (and please keep sending mail, all feedback from users help..!), and here are some of the reasons it's taking longer than expected:

- ABL3 is now a complete rewrite, the whole plug-in is built in a new framework which will help ensure future compatibility. It also helps in porting to formats other than VST/AU. When we originally announced ABL3 only the audio engine was developed but it was still running in the old framework.
- We keep tweaking the audio engine! After the RE release we got some mail from users that still weren't completely happy with the way the accent sounded, so we've spent more time updating that. This means the VST will sound slightly different than the RE version. But Reason users should not worry: All sound engine changes will be back ported to the RE in an update..! We think the accent is finally nailed with the right amount of build-up and snap, but we hope you users and beta testers will be able to help us fine tune that even more.
- The change of framework means that ABL3 will not be compatible with ABL1 or ABL2 at the host session level, however it will of course read your old patterns (.pat) which can be exported and imported into ABL3.
- We are deprecating some features that were in ABL1/2, if you have a favourite must-have feature you might want to let us know so we have a chance to know what you users still want and use.
- ABL3 of course adds some new features. But the new version is centered around 1) best possible 303 emulation we can deliver, 2) ease of use.

There is still no definitive release date but it's top priority getting the plug-in out.

Questions/feedback is as always welcome
smile emoticon

I hope they have the same understanding of "ease of use" as I have... :?

There's still hoping for a visual step sequence editor and midi drag'n'drop.

Soon...

So when is the OP coming back?

Maybe he's busy beta testing?

But as Stranglers have told us, all is quiet on the Eastern front
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btJvIQcPlyg

Check the Audiorealism FB page.

You are right, it's beta testing time :hyper:

"10-20 testers" is barely beta testing...it's more like a job offer without getting paid...

I already got the Cyclone TT-303 while waiting, and we have the Abstrakt Instruments Avalon Bassline now... so not very excited.

Well from this perspective I'm sure even ABL2 or Phoscyon is good enough for every production needs, because "in the mix no one.." blabla

Of course there's always people equipped with oscilloscopes and other analyzers who just want an exact replica for the sake of it.

But announcing a product one and a half year ago and still no full release (Reason? Come on, is there really a market for Reason REs any longer?) - really what's the strong marketing idea behind that?

How ever software companies do they get criticized. Lol.

Abl3 is surely going to be great, now let's practice some patience.

Return to “Instruments”