Synthedit is NOT dead

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthEdit

Is version 1.2 the first version which outputs 32- and 64-bit plugins then? That should be good news for many Synthedit dev's.

chk071 wrote:Is version 1.2 the first version which outputs 32- and 64-bit plugins then? That should be good news for many Synthedit dev's.
sort of. but the 64-bit version is VST3 only, which, IMO, doesnt necessarily fit with that part of the 'target audience' that's maybe running less mainstream DAWs.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Hmm, yeah. Especially for those using (free) Synthedit plugins.

The alpha/beta (whatever haha) version 1.2 is released for both 32-bit and 64-bit. The 64-bit version is also capable of making vst3 plugins for mac, though here still is a problem because of the lack of developers who actually own a mac to create the needed modules with.. (to compile to mac, the modules used in the project have to be compiled before on a mac also. So at the moment there's just a handful of (mostly native synthedit) modules and a serious need for new mac-able developers)
As a human I say: nobis vivendum est!
As a musician I say: nobis musicum essendum est!
As a friend I say: nobis birram bibendum est!

SirSickSik

It's just resting?

Synthedit is not dead it just smells funny. Had to paraphrase Zappa there.
Musicmaker: "I'm playing all the right notes, but not neccesarily in the right order" Eric Morecame : Comedy Bhoddisatva

Zappa is dead ... and he smells funny.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

aMUSEd wrote:It's just resting?
Lovely development environment, SynthEdit. Beautiful plumage!
Also in that vein:

Man: Here's one-
Cart-master: Ninepence.
SynthEdit: (feebly) I'm not dead!
Cart-master: (suprised) What?
Man: Nothing! Here's your ninepence....
SynthEdit: I'm not dead!
Cart-master: 'Ere! 'E says 'e's not dead!
Man: Yes he is.
SynthEdit: I'm not!
Cart-master: 'E isn't?
Man: Well... he will be soon-- he's very ill...
SynthEdit: I'm getting better!
Man: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.
Cart-master: I can't take 'im like that! It's against regulations!
SynthEdit: I don't want to go on the cart....
Man: Oh, don't be such a baby.
Cart-master: I can't take 'im....
SynthEdit: I feel fine!
Man: Well, do us a favor...
Cart-master: I can't!
Man: Can you hang around a couple of minutes? He won't be long...
Cart-master: No, gotta get to Robinson's, they lost nine today.
Man: Well, when's your next round?
Cart-master: Thursday.
SynthEdit: I think I'll go for a walk....
Man: You're not fooling anyone, you know--
(to Cart-master) Look, isn't there something you can do...?

(they both look around)

SynthEdit: I feel happy! I feel happy!

(the Cart-master deals SynthEdit a swift blow to the head with his wooden
spoon. SynthEdit goes limp.)

Man: (throwing SynthEdit onto the cart) Ah. thanks very much.
Cart-master: Not at all. See you on Thursday!
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

even in 'old' version, synthedit delivers.

maybe feigning death until the vultures f**k off tyvm

but look, they're really moved in, got apartment blocks up, even a little fair ground with a ferris wheel
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

:dog:

Hey guys, you are so silly sometime, I tell you: what is your problems ?
SE is here, Jeff is working on SE, we are here, we make plugins, we make music and Windows 10 stills in 64/32 bit...
I update SE 1.1 with my SEM and the recent SDK3 to do stable VSTs in 2015.
I can produce complex VSTs with SE 1.1 and jBridge permits to use them with all 64 bit DAWs.
So what, be patient, it's not necessary to kill all because SE 64 bit is not finish yet.
Actually I work with 1.1 and I can import my projects in SE 1.2 64 bit.
I'm waiting some GUI features (scope, multi line text, joystick, midi learn) before to provide them for beta tests in KVR.

SE 1.1 is good to do x86 vst if you code your SEM, SE 1.2 64 bit is the future of SE.

Just look the sound and the VST performance, you can do optimized VSTs with SE 1.1 even if unfortunately Jeff stopped to do SE 1.1 updates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWM1lJcVp94

Xavier

I think you misunderstand the most of us. Noone is "killing all". But being 32-bit only in 2015 is sorta like still living in the stone age of technology. Many have moved to 64-bit only by now. And bridging will always have disadvantages. Some plugins aren't compatible with the hosts internal bridges, some host completely lack a bridge, so you HAVE to use jbridge which isn't free either (and which doesn't run EVERY plugin out there either). And there's always GUI related problems. So it's not as simple as to say "just use 32-bit". And now SynthEdit will only be able to output 64-bit VST3? Well, maybe the dev didn't realize, but VST3 is sort of a dead birth, neither every host out there supports it, nor does every developer release his plugin as VST3, many only release VST2.4 versions of their plugins. Well, it's his decisions. I'd rather refrain from using Synthedit for my plugin projects with those kind of restrictions.

chk071 wrote:I think you misunderstand the most of us. Noone is "killing all". But being 32-bit only in 2015 is sorta like still living in the stone age of technology. Many have moved to 64-bit only by now. And bridging will always have disadvantages. Some plugins aren't compatible with the hosts internal bridges, some host completely lack a bridge, so you HAVE to use jbridge which isn't free either (and which doesn't run EVERY plugin out there either). And there's always GUI related problems. So it's not as simple as to say "just use 32-bit". And now SynthEdit will only be able to output 64-bit VST3? Well, maybe the dev didn't realize, but VST3 is sort of a dead birth, neither every host out there supports it, nor does every developer release his plugin as VST3, many only release VST2.4 versions of their plugins. Well, it's his decisions. I'd rather refrain from using Synthedit for my plugin projects with those kind of restrictions.
I agree, I all ready said similar things in Yahoo forum.
All want all and the Jeff's work is growing with no possibility to stop...
I believe that Jeff is testing a VST2 wrapper.
In fact, I do not want to change only to follow the mass.
To do something great and complex we need to work on stable environment, I use SE 1.1 because I know its limits, bugs, etc...The SE stone age is stable, the SE 64 bit age is not started yet.

jBridge seems work fine with my plugins and its price is like a pizza in Paris (14€):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Qq8cB2j84

Please give me an example of your work, have you do something with SE?
Personally, I do not need the 64 bit to do music, it's just because I want to preserve my SE work, started in 2002.

It's the Mac compatibility which delayed the stable release of SE 64 bit.
If devs want professional options (to sell theirs plugins for mac users per example), please they should be patient and they should work on theirs concepts before.

Xavier

synthedit may not be dead, but if a bunch of cretinous masons on kvr say it is, customers would go down, then it might as well be dead.

there's still hope, if you get out your nasty little peckers and keep pissing on it lads
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

"why? was there anything else going on in this thread??"

Return to “Modular Synthesis”