Are we upgrading to Win 10?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, not your fault. Obviously a lot of people including myself misunderstood the whole thing. Maybe just Microsoft should have made it a bit more obvious. Especially as they know that every single small thing they do is being overseen by people who don't miss any opportunity to shaft Microsoft.

Haha so true :D
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

I suppose you can registry-hack your way around most crap.
The big showstopper for me is that I can't find a way to install my serial Wacom Intuos tablet, which still works fine in win7.

Curse you, Wacom, for not supporting my 17-year-old device!
/shakes fist

farlukar wrote:I suppose you can registry-hack your way around most crap.
The big showstopper for me is that I can't find a way to install my serial Wacom Intuos tablet, which still works fine in win7.

/shakes fist
If you're problem is driver signing you can go around that..
What errors are you getting?
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

D-Fusion wrote:
fmr wrote:
andrew71 wrote: Bad news... The iLok authorisation manager is moaning about not being installed correctly and there doesn't appear to be a way of uninstalling it through Control Panel or its own program group or folder. I guess that when I finally try the full upgrade I'll have to uninstall it first. I'd already moved the licenses off of the hard drive prior to upgrading.
Click on the search, write "Services", look for Pace iLOK and start it manually. It's stupid, but, as usual, Pace is behind (although I warned them months ago about the issues with License Manager).
Weird since it works great here without any problems.
I use the soft Ilok without any usb key.
Thanks for the info. I've done the live system upgrade now, uninstalling Pace/iLok before starting the upgrade. After the upgrade I reinstalled the iLok application and moved my licenses back to the computer. Everything seems to be working properly so far. No authorisations seem to have broken as far as I can tell.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Astralv wrote:I want to hear from Native Instruments, as their software is easily destabilized. Like Maschine drivers- worry me very much as they never worked well in Win 8...
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but according to NI website, none of their stuff is working correctly with Win10, and they recommend not upgrading just yet. I've been having some issues with Win 8.1 and my Audio Kontrol 1 not working as it used to (no more midi control), as well as the latest version of Replika not working in Live 9 under Win8.1 ...
Everything I took a look at in Komplete 10 seemed to work fine in Ableton Live over the past couple of nights.
Sweet child in time...

As of 6 months ago MS allowed users to disable all privacy problems from the one user account page. Win10 looks more compliocated but I desperately hope they retain that respect for privacy that still sets them apart from FaceCrook and Google.

I'm installing on my laptop but waiting to install on my music desktop.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

http://lauren.vortex.com/

a blog detailing some of the nefarious dealings under the hood.

Bandwidth leaching to update some strangers computer,
how thoughtful of the gates foundation to share your stuff :hug:

mkdr wrote:
farlukar wrote:I suppose you can registry-hack your way around most crap.

/shakes fist
If you're problem is driver signing you can go around that..
What errors are you getting?
No errors, it was just not working. Device got recognised, I tell W10 “install these drivers here” and windows goes “nuh uh, those are not for this device”

Anyway, I finally got it working today ( :party: ) after first running driver setup with Microsofts Compatibility Administrator setting compatibility to win2000, then run setup regularly with XP compatibility. :drunk:

Well, it's official. Microsoft has gone the Google route. It's a very sad day for personal computing and for personal privacy...yet another nail in the coffin for the 4th, 5th, 6th and 9th Amendments. All so we can have our little gadgets more cheaply and a bit of convenience.

There will be a lot of registry hacking going on, just so we can game with DirectX 12 or use some other feature available only in Windows. And there will be a lot more people looking ever more seriously at Linux. I might actually start using it for most of my network computing now.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Gonga wrote:There will be a lot of registry hacking going on,
Has anyone around here tried gutting it yet? DISM, Winreducer, NTLite, etc?

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

Nah, computing is a open book for everyone,see my 11 years old niece hacked my e mail account some days ago over a secured wifi network, just for fun using cracked tools she found online somewhere.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

xNiMiNx wrote:
Gonga wrote:There will be a lot of registry hacking going on,
Has anyone around here tried gutting it yet? DISM, Winreducer, NTLite, etc?
Do you mean something like XP lite?
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=xplite
Or a Windows de-crapper.
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=windows+de-crapper

The stuff you mentioned work on Windows 10?
Is there a least a list of Windows 10 audio/DAW optimizations?

IIRC, DISM and NTLite can modify a running OS (like xplite) but they all can modify the disk before installation, so you can remove / tweak things before you install. Winreducer / NTLite are able to work with 10, not sure what MS did with DISM in 10, but i believe its there in the powershell (cmdlets?).

Havent seen any DAW guides for 10, but i also havent looked. Tweaking has been on the decline, hw upgrades is more common.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

I upgraded from windows 7 home premium to 10 today and so far so good.Everything works as it did in 7 and so far all my music making stuff works (thats all I am intrested in at the moment).Stuff that works is Live 9.2.1,Reason 7,Behringer FCA610,Korg triton 48.0 kHz SPDIF,Eurorack via midi,Blofeld,Pro 2,Korg SQ1,JBridger to 64 bit,all my native instruments Reaktor,FM8,Massive,Absynth 4,Pro 53,Kontakt 5,Replika, all my Arturia stuff Modular 5,mini,Arp,CS80,Prophet and microbrute,UltraAnalog 1,Xils 3.2 LE,Neuron VS (amazing seeing how finicky it is),V station,SQ8L,Firebird,Korg Digital edition,Emulator X3,PG-8X,Rhino 2,Z3TA plus loads of other EFX`s.So for me so far its a thumbs up for windows 10,and yes even the latency has dropped down to 384 samples with no dropouts on my Zoostorm £200 PC,so not to bad I say.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”