Bias FX.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone get this? I tried the demo and definitely liked what I heard when I put it before Recabinet 4, using OTS' new Evolution Banshee. Which is funny because I am not a fan of the regular Bias.

I'm curious as to what effects are included in Bias FX Desktop vs. Bias FX Professional. Positive Grid from a list and they told they're "also looking for one and they'll let me know as soon as they find it." Really. The developer told me that on Facebook.

I think I've answered my own question. I see their site says that BFX Desktop comes with 30 effects. I counted 30 effects in the demo, so I guess those are it. The demo's actually pretty usable in a project until I get the full thing sometime later this month.

I got nice tones out of it, mostly gainy ones I tried, not much into fx, but somehow the amps sound kinda better to me compared to Bias Amp, dunno, maybe it's just my ears or something...I also disabled the cabsim in it - can't find a way to like it better than my fave impulses - and this time (unlike Bias Amp and I mean desktop) you CAN truly bypass the cab section. Like it.

I got BIAS Amp Pro and BIAS FX Pro, and I have heaps of others TH2, Revalver, S-Gear 2, Vandal, Recabinet 4, Guitar Rig, Amplitube, GTR3 and many more, imo BIAS is at the top of the pack, love it
Say NO to CLAP!

Can anyone tell me if there's an upgrade price when going from FX Desktop to FX Pro? I want to buy FX Desktop and upgrade to FX Pro later but I even asked about this on their Facebook page days ago and it hasn't been answered.

xphen0m wrote:Can anyone tell me if there's an upgrade price when going from FX Desktop to FX Pro? I want to buy FX Desktop and upgrade to FX Pro later but I even asked about this on their Facebook page days ago and it hasn't been answered.
Along those lines, is there a crossgrade price for existing owners of Bias Desktop?

From reading many posts from various forums, there is no upgrade price (or at least not a "feasible" one) for people going from Bias to Bias FX. A lot of people are really upset over that. This is why I'm asking about going from FX Desktop to FX Pro.

Which is funny because I am not a fan of the regular Bias.
What? If you cant get good tones from bias desktop, im not sure what youre looking for.

Saying "youre not a fan of it" is like saying youre not a fan of good guitar sounds, It doesnt get any better than this in the softworld.
There ya have it...

What? If you cant get good tones from bias desktop, im not sure what youre looking for.
That's an "All or Nothing" line of thinking, don't you think? I just think that Bias is vastly overrated in what it delivers compared to how some describe it. I listened to the hype and was pretty underwhelmed.

I got more satisfying tones (for my personal tastes) out of Recabinet 4 than I did Bias, and even TO AN EXTENT Revalver 4. A lot of people don't like Bias and I see why.

On the other hand, Bias FX, after demoing it, sounds really good and my main reason for getting it is the pedal collection.

Ultrasonic wrote:It doesnt get any better than this in the softworld.
Sure it does. Recabinet 4, S-Gear 2, TSE X50 v2.

X50 is another one I forgot. That new X30 is simply amazing.

EvilDragon wrote:
Ultrasonic wrote:It doesnt get any better than this in the softworld.
And to me they are more worthy of support. I will not buy Bias FX, even though I did purchase Bias Professional.
esoundz name: Helio

EvilDragon wrote:
Sounds like you just want to argue....Or lead the cheer, and taking guitar tone advice from you would be like taking tonal advice from Celtic Frost.

I have them all but S-Gear (owned and sold) and if you cant make BIAS sound as good, you dont know how to dial an amp. Its that simple.

Of course Celtic Frost would never record with a Hi Watt. Not enough distortion to cover up their awful guitar playing lol.
There ya have it...

xphen0m wrote:X50 is another one I forgot. That new X30 is simply amazing.

It is, but it only does two sounds...clean and distorted and its $70

If you want a wide variety of guitar tones there is no question BIAS is the one you want. If you want a specialized sound like the X50, then go for that.

With the TSE suite you get quite a few cab impulses that are pretty good.

I teach guitar. 90% of my clients are GIT graduates. Using BIAS helps me cover quite a few genres, well.

The usual response i get is "wow that sounds killer"
There ya have it...

Ultrasonic wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
Sounds like you just want to argue....Or lead the cheer, and taking guitar tone advice from you would be like taking tonal advice from Celtic Frost.

I have them all but S-Gear (owned and sold) and if you cant make BIAS sound as good, you dont know how to dial an amp. Its that simple.

Of course Celtic Frost would never record with a Hi Watt. Not enough distortion to cover up their awful guitar playing lol.

WTF are you on about? Whoever mentioned Celtic Frost (I'm totally not into them). My point is that those that I mentioned simply SOUND and RESPOND BETTER than Bias. They feel more alive and organic. That's it. Personal preference, nothing else. Another opinion of mine - Bias is way overpriced. There, I said it.

And saying that X50 does only two tones is kind of unfair. There are pretty great crunches in there with the X30.

Return to “Effects”