Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

tonedef71 wrote:For me, Rapture Pro is stuck in demo mode, and so I am not inspired to do anything with it. Even with the 2.0.1 update, I am still not able to get Rapture Pro authorized on my 64-bit Windows 8.1 machine. Cakewalk Support has tried to help me get the product authorized, but so far, none of their suggestions have worked; Cakewalk support has not gotten back to me with any new suggestions to try in quite some time; I think they are stumped and fresh out of ideas.
I just thought I would report that I finally figured out and solved my authorization problem with Rapture Pro in Windows.

Apparently, Rapture Pro performs a lookup to the Windows Registry to retrieve the location of the Cakewalk Command Center application so that it can call out to the utility to validate the current status of the registration. Previously, I had a disagreement with the Cakewalk Command Center installer: it did not allow me to select where the utility was to be installed, and I did not like the default installation location, so I manually relocated the utility after the installation had completed. Unfortunately, I did not realize that the installer for the Cakewalk Command Center had recorded the installation location to the Windows Registry so that other Cakewalk applications (e.g. Rapture Pro) could find it and call it. After manually updating the setting of the Cakewalk Command Center installation location in the Windows Registry (to be what it should be for my custom system configuration), Rapture Pro was able to validate my registration just fine:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Command Center]
"Path"="my\\path\\to\\Cakewalk-Command-Center.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software\Command Center]
"Path"="my\\path\\to\\Cakewalk\\Command Center\\Cakewalk-Command-Center.exe"
To their credit, Cakewalk Product Support did try to help me with my authorization problem, but I guess they did not consider that the problem could be due to Rapture Pro not being able to find and run Cakewalk Command Center. I cannot fault the support folks; the Rapture Pro application neither tries to report the problem overtly (with a popup dialog) nor covertly (by writing an error message to a log file); the blame there lies with the bakers who coded the authorization logic in Rapture Pro.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: The blame there lies with the bakers who coded the authorization logic in Rapture Pro.
Just as well those bakers don't live in North Korea :wink:
No auto tune...

I got Rapture for free from CM200 and bought Dim Pro for $15 in a Cakewalk Sale last year.
I also have Z3ta+2 already.
An upgrade would have to be dirt cheap and a clear increase is quality to tempt me - I don't really use either these days to be honest...
Sonar Platinum, Ignite and Ableton Live 9 DAWS
AIR Hybrid 3, Synthmaster, Z3ta+2, Addictive Drums 2, True Piano Amber, Rapture, Dim Pro, BFD Eco, AAS Strum, Addictive Keys, Synth 1 VSTs
Nektar LX61, Korg MicroKey and Akai Pro LPD8 Pad

Mac users still having trouble? I'm sure this quote from the Cakewalk CEO will be comforting:

"So, being a PC-only software company, we have to work extra hard to open their minds to that."

(My emphasis)

The interview with the guy is all marketing and nothing interesting, aside from this slip up admission that their Mac products are not even known to the CEO of the company.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Is there a demo version that you can download anywhere?

May be I did miss it.

classic wrote:Is there a demo version that you can download anywhere?

May be I did miss it.
don´t exist yet

I have never seen such a really unprofessional release of a former well known
softsynth.

Reading from trouble with installing, NO demo and the sound demos are...............my god.
Can´t believe that.

Actually, RP is working fine for me now on my Mac, OS 10.9.5. Their tech support was helpful and found a fix for a problem where it kept crashing Live 9. Now if they would share their findings with the team working on Z3ta+2 (same problem exists but not yet solved), all would be good!

Jace-BeOS wrote:Mac users still having trouble? I'm sure this quote from the Cakewalk CEO will be comforting:

"So, being a PC-only software company, we have to work extra hard to open their minds to that."

(My emphasis)

The interview with the guy is all marketing and nothing interesting, aside from this slip up admission that their Mac products are not even known to the CEO of the company.

Jace-BeOS wrote: The interview with the guy is all marketing and nothing interesting, aside from this slip up admission that their Mac products are not even known to the CEO of the company.
before becoming ceo he was head of marketing there ;-)

What a shock.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Have not upgraded yet, but did have a comment from someone that the Anomaly soundsets and presets for Dimension Pro and Rapture all work in Rapture Pro.... :D

Man cakewalk is struggling to get one synth to work right lol. Native Instruments has kontakt and a gazillion others and they work lol.

Cakewalk is one of the companies who do not really care about the consumer.

beatmangler443 wrote:Man cakewalk is struggling to get one synth to work right lol. Native Instruments has kontakt and a gazillion others and they work lol.
CW got Z3ta+2 entirely right :tu:

It's quite buggy though and hasn't seen an update since 2011 even though there's known issues... Cakewalk has some reputation here and elsewhere, and i must say that it's not coming out of nowhere... Z3TA is a cool synth, but plugins need maintainance especially if they have obvious issues. Cakewalk makes the impression on me as if they release stuff to make money, and then completely abandon it.

Return to “Instruments”